Prayers For My Sweet Beau Beau

RobinM

Lots of prayers they don't find anything other than inflammation/IBD in there.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin, I haven't replied to this thread yet, but I wanted to share our story with you, after hearing your vet update. We have a greyhound cross who had horrible eating issues, horrible vomiting issues and horrible pooping issues. I honestly thought we were going to have to have him put to sleep, and he was only 6-10 at the time (depending on whose opinon you listened to, considering we have no idea what his history is)

He had the surgery. It came back as IBD. We followed the medical/food protocol and I thought we were going to be feeding duck and sweet potato for the rest of our lives, to the entire pack (which was a hugely expensive way to go). It took a good six-nine months and he was back to himself. It has been five years, but he leads an absolutely normal life. We have been able to transition off of all meds. He is eating a more affordable quality kibble and can have limited raw, as long as we avoid chicken, and he is living an amazing life. Every day with him is "bonus time" and he is now somewhere between. He is now somewhere between 11 and 15 (and I would guess closer to 15 than 11), but he is doing amazingly well and has brought so much to our home.

I hope your story will be as positive as ours.

Adding our chants for a speedy recovery and something that is easily treatable and definitely no cancer! Sending extra scritches and hugs from our house to yours. And if you want help with the roo fest, I would be more than happy to send goofy puppy Gus to you!

Sending more prayers...Tomorrow will be here REAL soon...kiss Beau for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest poopsie1

So glad it's morning and sweet Beau will be home before you know it. I'm happy the surgery is over and you're on your way to finding an answer. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed here. :goodluck

Robin, I haven't replied to this thread yet, but I wanted to share our story with you, after hearing your vet update. We have a greyhound cross who had horrible eating issues, horrible vomiting issues and horrible pooping issues. I honestly thought we were going to have to have him put to sleep, and he was only 6-10 at the time (depending on whose opinon you listened to, considering we have no idea what his history is)

He had the surgery. It came back as IBD. We followed the medical/food protocol and I thought we were going to be feeding duck and sweet potato for the rest of our lives, to the entire pack (which was a hugely expensive way to go). It took a good six-nine months and he was back to himself. It has been five years, but he leads an absolutely normal life. We have been able to transition off of all meds. He is eating a more affordable quality kibble and can have limited raw, as long as we avoid chicken, and he is living an amazing life. Every day with him is "bonus time" and he is now somewhere between. He is now somewhere between 11 and 15 (and I would guess closer to 15 than 11), but he is doing amazingly well and has brought so much to our home.

I hope your story will be as positive as ours.

Thank you for sharing that. Did he have the scope or surgery for biopsy?

Morming update:

Spoke to the tech at 10 PM 2 AM and 6 AM . Beau was up and about in his crate, went pee pee in the run and curled up in a ball and slept basically the whole night without any pain meds. He was comfortable.

We will be picking him up at 3pm today. They want to get his 2nd antibiotic in before he leaves. We will be there promptly at 3.

We can't wait to get him home. I know BEau well enough to know he will be very happy to be home, but he will feel the need to punish us because if this. It's just what he does!!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:kiss2 :kiss2 and prayers for your beautiful Beau.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Just got call from vet. She is doubling up the antibiotics this morning, I can get him at 1.

I will be there with bells on my toes. As excited as I am to be bringing him home, I know we have a long hard road in front of us to get him stabilized and on the right food. It's very scary.

He had lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks even with eating.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Beau has been home since 1:30. He is so sad, so loopy and so so so so so thin. Breaks my heart. He just kinda collapsed in the bedroom, never making it to a bed so I put pillows all around him.

we will try and get some food into him later. He has not eaten in days. Its just terrible. I just pray we get a IBD dx, can give pred, get an appetite, get the food situtation stratighteded out and live happily ever after.

I am working on it.

Guest myjazzy

I'm so glad he's home. He's probably still loopy from the anesthesia because he is so thin. But being home will get him feeling much better, I'm sure. What has the vet said to do about getting some food into him while you wait for the biopsy results to come back?

I'm so glad he's home. He's probably still loopy from the anesthesia because he is so thin. But being home will get him feeling much better, I'm sure. What has the vet said to do about getting some food into him while you wait for the biopsy results to come back?

She said to give him what he will eat. Won't change anything (food) right now until we know for sure the diagnosis. I hope we will have that tomrorrow. He had one dose of pred today, but other than maybe starting on the inflammation, I don't think it's gonna do anything for his appetite.

Thank you for sharing that. Did he have the scope or surgery for biopsy?

He had an open abdominal procedure, and we second-guessed ourselves multiple times because it took him awhile to bounce back. You would never know it now, though, unless you happened to see his "spay scar" :lol

Guest BlackandBrindle

Glad Beau is home and still sending lots of good thoughts for him.

Will he eat some chicken noodle soup? I think that's one of the things you tried with Polli, but maybe it'll be easier on his stomach after the procedure... sending good eating thoughts too. I know first hand how terrifying it is when they get that thin. :(

Guest myjazzy

Ok Beau, I know you probably don't feel too hot right now, but you need to eat, so you start getting your strength back. Now be a good boy and eat for Mommy.

Glad he is home but oh, poor Beau :(

Sending lots of love to him. Here's hoping HARD that the final diagnosis will come tomorrow. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:candle :candle :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.