Prayers For My Sweet Beau Beau

RobinM

Tomorrow is the day. He will have that bx to determine what heck is going on. Although he is otherwise happy and loving and silly and Beau, I feel I am doing an injustice to him not treating him and how do I treat him without a bx for a diagnosis?

His eating at best is ehh.

He's been tested for everything so it's time.

God forbid it's cancer, it's going unrtreated...

I got an email today from someone I met at a M&G who has a greyhound. She emailed today to tell me her beloved "Lena" was dx with lyphmona of the intestines on Dec. 5 and was PTS on Jan. 15. When I read that I realized I had to make a decsion.

So, please keep Beau in your prayers. I know he will be in really good hands but it's very scary all the same.

But once treated we will be able to move on from the H&M section of GT and pay more attention to the fun stuff!

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Robin... I JUST started a thread to ask for an update on your boy, and I see you were posting one at the same time...

I will be keeping all my fingers crossed for him, and you, tomorrow. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest EmbersDad

oh beau, i hope this turns out to be treatable so u can get better soon. your poor mum is a wreck and we need some answers. i will ask the entire hoffman clan to watch over you tomorrow....ember, mom and dad, grandpap and grandma...they havent let me down in the past. i will be thinking about you tomorrow.

robin, how long till you get a result from the biopsy?

oh beau, i hope this turns out to be treatable so u can get better soon. your poor mum is a wreck and we need some answers. i will ask the entire hoffman clan to watch over you tomorrow....ember, mom and dad, grandpap and grandma...they havent let me down in the past. i will be thinking about you tomorrow.

robin, how long till you get a result from the biopsy?

did not ask. If it's IBD (which I am certain it has to be. IT HAS TO BE!) I believe they will see visually the imflammation but of course will go by the bx. I will ask when I drop him off.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Prayers for a quick and simple dx. Nothing serious, just treatable. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Hollys2hounds

Robin,

Just saw this...

You and Beau will be in our thoughts and prayers, and you will get to the bottom of everything.

Hugs to all!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Holly and gang

Wishing all the best for Beau and the vet visit.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Hope you get some good info, Robin. Sending scritchies and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

Robin, River had chronic colitis from a long term and severe hookworm infestation 5 years ago when I adopted him. I was sure I was going to lose him, as none of the meds could get the bloody diahrrea under control. We were at the vet's often for sub Q fluids etc. In desperation, and against veterinary advice (because of his compromised immune system), I switched him to BARF 4 1/2 years ago. From one day to the next, the diahrrea stopped and within 6 months he was weaned off all his meds.

Today, River is the picture of health. His eating habits are still inconsistant... he remains a very fussy customer ;):colgate but the scare is over. Thank God.

I will be praying for your handsome Beau!