Prayers For My Sweet Beau Beau

RobinM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in for an update... can't remember what time the appointment was for. :dunno

:goodluck :goodluck :hope:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Beau is out of surgery, starting to wake up. Surgeon went on to the next case. I heard from the tech who will be staying with him overnight.

It went "Well". The fact that they did not need to call me in the middle telling me they saw "something" is good. He did take several bx and until my regular vet gets in between 2 and 2:30, I won't know more till then.

What really killed me about doing this was this morning, I had a dog play bowing, and playing with toys happy. Now, we have a dog that needs to recover from surgery.

But, we will have the answers. This has been going on for a long time and when I read the email yesterday of a dog who had many of the same symtoms, but treated differently who had to be PTS because of a bad case of lymphona, I knew I had to do this.

So, I will be able to update this afternoon, but he is out of surgery and waking up. Surgeon is pleased the way it went.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Praying for the best results for Beau (and you). You've been through the wringer. It has to be good news!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

So glad it went "well," Robin! I totally hear you about the mixed feelings you've been having, but it's done now, and we'll hope for a "good" report: useful information about something that's treatable! Hope Beau recovers quickly from the surgery and that you get the report soon. Hang in there. :bighug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm glad the surgery went well and that he came through it so well. Keeping him in our thoughts and will check back in later this afternoon.

Keeping all appendages crossed for a definitive diagnosis. :goodluck:goodluck Thank goodness he's out of surgery and doing well. Sending prayers for complete healing. :hope:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Whew! So glad to hear he made it through the surgery. Holding out for good news from the scope :goodluck

No scope. Surgery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest SoulsMom

Really? I thought that since they had him out anyway they were going to do the scope as well as the biopsy. I mustva dreamt that :wacko:

At least now you'll know if it's lymphoma or not. When will they have the results back?

Really? I thought that since they had him out anyway they were going to do the scope as well as the biopsy. I mustva dreamt that :wacko:

At least now you'll know if it's lymphoma or not. When will they have the results back?

no, the scope wouldn't be needed if they are doing the surgical bx. Scope does not go deep enough and the dx could be missed.

This was a harder than hard to decision to make, but it's done.

More prayers going out to Beau. You will have some answers and he will be home soon.

:grouphug

tomorrow. I miss him. I will leave work as early as I have to to get him tomorrow. He will have someone with him all night giving him pain meds keeping him as comfortable as possible.

It's equivilent to a female spay as far as invasivness goes.

Guest SoulsMom

Now I know why I was confused . . .when I was discussing scoping Soul with my vet he said they would do a biopsy at the same time:

For the biopsy, tissue samples must be harvested from several areas of the GI tract. This can be done either surgically or via endoscopy.

I'm guessing they won't let you see him tonight? :(