Prayers For My Sweet Beau Beau

RobinM

Too bad he had to go through the surgery, but you did need to know, and there's really no other way. Sending continued prayers that he recovers well, and you get some positive answers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did need to know Robin so even though this is hard, I'm glad it's done and that he's now recovering from his surgery. Fingers, ears, eyes and toes crossed here for good news when the results come in :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending prayers for a fast recovery and a positive diagnosis. :hope:hope:hope

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest EmbersDad

im glad beau came thru the surgery. you must be going nuts! i asked ember and my folks to watch over him this morning, and it appears they didnt let me down. hopefully there will be a definitive answer coming.

Sending more prayers and light to your sweet Beau for an uneventful recovery and the best possible news. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Now I know why I was confused . . .when I was discussing scoping Soul with my vet he said they would do a biopsy at the same time:

For the biopsy, tissue samples must be harvested from several areas of the GI tract. This can be done either surgically or via endoscopy.

I'm guessing they won't let you see him tonight? :(

they would let me see him but I wouldn't do that to him. That would be for me, not for him. He's there, resting comfortably. Me coming and then leaving would not be good for him.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Update from vet. Now, I am 110% Isure did the right thing.

Gross inflammation of the intestines. Surgeon called my vet during the surgery to let her know, it looked pretty bad.

Could be lymphoma or just a very bad case of IBD. She did say that he did not see some of the tell tale signs of cancer, but because of all the inflamation, he can't be certain without the bx. The one thing they did reiterate to me is that they are sure they would not have seen it this clear doing it any other way. I won't know for sure until Friday or Saturday. If it's cancer, we will do chemo and pred.

GOD willing it will just be the IBD.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Glad to hear Beau came through the surgery fine. Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery and a simple treatable resolution to all his tummy troubles.

I'm glad to hear he is recovering from the surgery well and that you will have answers soon. Hoping for IBD dx. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Crossing fingers, toes, arms & legs that it's IBD. Glad the surgeon was so thorough and that you were at least comforted that you made the right choice.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Let's hope it's "just" IBD... Beau has to be okay, he has to be, he HAS to be.

:candle :candle :candle :candle :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest myjazzy

Hoping it's IBD and he will be better with medication and a special diet. Always trust that Mommy gut, it's always right. I'm glad that you will finally have a diagnosis and a path forward. Good thoughts for you and Beau. :grouphug