Prayers For My Sweet Beau Beau

RobinM

Guest poopsie1

I'm so glad that Beau is home and, hopefully, he'll start to feel better today. He knows he's where he's loved. It's so weird to be wishing for an IBD dx but my fingers are still crossed.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in to see how Beau is doing today :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

HA and Z/D are great foods. But for a picky eater, I'd probably start elsewhere. Rabbit, venison, kangaroo, beaver, something along those lines.

Here's the problem with that...

Beau has had small amounts of things like rabbit and veneson when I bought a million cans of them for Polli who didn't like it. So instead of wasting all the cans, I added a teaspoon into Beau's food (the others too)

So, those are not novel anymore. In addtion, let's say we do the novel protein approach, we have to start with the sacrificial one. I am not sure he likes anything else. Then we would have to change it again because of the intolerance that could happen. That's when you change it to the permanent one.

It;s this way or straight to the hydolized protein.h

Morming update-

no change, not eating. Very down and out.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I agree with Batmom that eventually going to HA or Z/D would be a good idea, depending on the pathology report.

Research has shown the three main allergens are beef, dairy and wheat, but that does not rule out other proteins as a possible cause. The hydrolized proteins are broken down so small that the immune system does not recognize them as allergens.

Until then, I have not seen you mention pasta, not rice but an easily digestable pasta like plain spagetti. Your vet can also teach you how to give Sub-Q fluids at home to get through the crisis.

I am praying too for an answer for Beau will be revealed in the reports. Are the reports due back today?

Molleigh is sending some :clover:clover:clover:clover:clover for good luck.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

More good wishes for you and Beau. I hope he does start to eat something!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Doing the hyrolized is one option. The other is as described above. I can not do a sub- q at home. Not an option.

Beau's main source of protein all this time has been chicken with beef as the secondary, third salmon. And yet here we are trying to give him any of these in order to get him to eat until we have a final diagnosis. Sigh. Seems wrong, but to be changing foods yet again, isn't good either.

By tomorrow, I have to come up with a plan for the food. I joined an IBD board so I have the question out there.

The reports are due today or tomorrow.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thinking of you and Beau today! I know you're expecting the results today or tomorrow...

:goodluck :goodluck :candle:goodluck:candle :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.