Isis Needs Prayers..

I went to work this morning and Isis was her usual self. I come home 8 hour later and she can barely stand or work. Her left rear leg will not support her weight and the paw is curled under. I took her to the e-vet and they took x-rays to see if any broken bones or damage and all was clean. They were even amazed at how well her spine looked for a 13 year old.. great spacing between the verts, no calcium build up and no sign of the Big C. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but is panting a bit more then normal. She sort of moves the leg, but it seems to natural want to pull to be behind her right leg. Vet is hoping it is just a soft tissue injury but is leaning towards a neurological problem. She gave me some Rymadl for to make her more comfortable and I am to keep an eye and see if she improves over the weekend. She was able to stand better when we left the vet then when I took her. When I took her she couldn't even stand on her back legs. but could hop a bit when i went to get her after the xrays a couple of hours later. She even went to jump in the back of the car, but of course went right unto her arse when she shift her weigh to her hind legs.

If after a week if there is no improvement, I may be facing the decision that no one wants to face. Isis is a little over 13 years old and I'm not sure how she would be able to handle some of the tests that they may need to do and if there is any surgery that she would need, the vet isn't sure how she could handle the anesthesia. But right now it is a wait and see.

Isis is my first greyt and daddy's girl. She has been with me almost 9 years now. I hope is a few more years before I have to make the big decision.

Greg

Edited by greg1229

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no Greg, she is tucked in my prayers. Do you think she could have had a mini stroke? I'm thinking that only because of the paw being knuckled under. Please know that your girl has lots of prayers here

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

So sorry to hear, will keep Isis in my prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Lots of healing thoughts and hope that it's nothing serious.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lots of prayers for your sweet girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers for sweet Isis. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Yikes! :( Sending :getwell wishes, prayers and light to your precious Isis. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Lot's of prayers for Isis. Hopefully she will feel better in the morning and whatever has happened will vanish as quickly as it appeared.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

:goodluck for Isis.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Cody had a bulge on a disc in her back & when it pressed on a nerve, she'd knuckle under on a back foot. Ask the vet if it's worth trying prednisone - that & acupuncture made Cody much better & I had her for another year & a half ( 'course she was 10 & a half when she first hurt her back but it's worth a shot!)

Definitely try acupuncture if there's anyone near you!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Praying for self-healing! :hope Is she on an anti-inflammatory? Isis, Dad needs you to feel better soon, sweetheart!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead