Mom Of The Fuzzy's Little Boy Speck Is At The Bridge

Guest missmyboyz

Guest wmlcml6

I talked to Chrissy earlier this evening. She is clearly heartbroken, but we had a nice chat and fondly talked about Speck's hummingbird ears among other things. I only wish I could have given her a real hug.

XOXO

Edited by wmlcml6

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrissy, Patrick, everyone else who knew and loved Speck, I am so so sorry. I was completely shocked to see this here so I can imagine how devastating this must be for you all. Sending lots of hugs. I never got the chance to meet Speck, but he will be hugely missed.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so shocked and stunned... Chrissy, I can't even imagine what you are feeling. I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I, like so many others, am crying with you. :(:grouphug

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

This is the first time I've been on the board today and I am in complete shock and sadness to read this terrible news.

Speck was such a favorite of mine, even though I'd never had the chance to meet him in person. I so looked forward to seeing his pictures and reading Chrissy's posts about him.

I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.

:grouphug:f_red:brokenheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

We are so sorry to hear about Speck. I am sure Gino was waiting for him at the bridge.

Hugs to you both.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Run free sweet boy.

Darlene, Mom to Santannah and Selena- Chako and Duchess playing at the Bridge.

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012

Guest hannahmom

Chrissy,

I'm so very sorry my friend.

I bet Chinghis will wait for Speck so that they can make the trip together.

Your boys are together, but they have left behind so many people who will miss them.

I'll call when I get home from Chicago.

Tena

Guest savvyprchick

OMG, Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Speck was my first GT crush and has always been my favorite one. I'll miss the pictures and stories about Lulu's "boyhound."

PLEASE PM me or something if you need to talk... I'll give you my phone number.

-Jen

Chrissy, I remember you telling me that I was always able to find the right words when someone needed comfort. But I just can't seem to find those words now. And reading over the many expressions of shock and sadness, I know that so many others feel the same way. To say that I'm so sorry, to say that he'll be missed enormously, to say that my heart is breaking for you, just doesn't seem like enough. And of course, it's not. It can't be enough to fill that empty space in your heart, or ease your pain. But I can say this---how he was loved! And how you are loved as well. So many people care about you because you always care about others, so many people loved Speck because YOU loved Speck. He was unique and exceptional, and even more so because the two of you completed each other. You were able to CHANNEL that dog, to translate his magnificent SPECKNESS into human words and thoughts that left all of us as much in awe of him as you were (well, maybe not quite as much, but you were his Mudder). And so we feel that we have lost him as well. But how blessed we were to have known him, how lucky we were that you shared your precious boy so totally.

So although we can't be there to give you a hug in person, please know how deeply we share your sadness. You are in our hearts and in our prayers.

Cyber hugs to you and Patrick.

Love,

Nancy

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

How saddened I am to have never had the opportunity to spend kissyface time with such a well loved hound. There has always been something magical about seeing pictures of Speck and simply knowing that here was a "special" pup. Thank you for sharing the beautifully delicious Speckilicious with us. Please know that we hold you close in our hearts as you tuck Speck safely into your heart in that special place that is his alone.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

There just aren't words for the shock and heartbreak. Speckulation Lee was a special one...I hope all the love that is coming through in theses posts brings you and Patrick comfort, in time...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest houndstooth4

I am so very sorry to hear that Specktacular Speckles Martin isn't with us anymore. He was a one of a kind, and I truly felt honored to have met him in person a couple of times. He was an awesome kisser! I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a hound so near and dear to your heart. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

NONONONONONONONONO!!! :weep

:f_red:gh_run:f_red:grouphug

My sentiments exactly...

Run free, Speckalicious

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm just in shock.

I don't know Chrissy, but I adored every single post that had Speck in it. Just his name made me smile!

I am SO sorry.

I lost a cat suddenly last year; I know how shocking and sickening it is when there is no warning at all.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear about Speck. :grouphug :grouphug

Even though I never got to meet him, I always looked forward to his stories. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.

Run free Speck.

:weep :weep

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

I am so very sorry :grouphugf_yellow

Edited by greytdogsks
Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05