Wallace Doyle

Bevd

The time came today, for Wallace to make his way to The Bridge, to be reunited with his brothers and sisters.

Until this very day, Wallace has been fine (after a diagnosis of a brain tumour back in August) but today was different and it was time for him to be at peace, where sausages grow on trees and where Fish4Dogs crispy fish skins are in abundance.

We fostered Wallace for Tia Greyhound Rescue on 16th December 2001. We're not very good at this fostering malarky and we adopted him on 27th. He was our first retired racer but he's certainly paved the way for many others and we're very grateful for that.

We'll miss him a lot :(

wallace040408c.jpg

Wallace Doyle

18th July 1998 - 2nd December 2008

First in the food queue. Just this side of Heaven.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Bev - we are so sorry. Wallace stories were always good for a warm fuzzy heart feeling - he was always so animated in my mind (and your pictures). Those eyes just speak volumes. Run free sweet Wallace, I know you will find many friends at the Bridge to welcome you until you meet mom and dad again. Hugs to you all.

:f_red I am so very sorry, Wallace had a tough fight and a great mom to help him. No more fight Wallace, you now run with the angels. God speed handsome boy, and please watch over those who love you :gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome Wallace. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Bev and Marc, I'm so sorry it was time.

I won't ever forget your handsome Wallace.

I feel sure my angel Batman was there to greet him and show him how to filch the best apples and gingersnaps, sticks of butter and peanutbutter sandwiches.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

so sorry to read this. be at peace, wallace.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest greytbookert

Oh Bev, I'm so sorry that Wallace's time to leave you came. He was a beautiful hound and I hope the happy memories of him will be able to comfort you during this time.

Run free, Wallace you'll be missed by many!

I always paid extra attention to posts about Wallace because he looked so similar to our Attila. We will surely miss these posts but Wallace was very lucky to have spent 7 years with the Doyles.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Oh Bev, I'm so sorry. :grouphug Wallace will sure be missed around here.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.