Polli Tripped

Sending prayers. It's good you can take some food and cookies for her. When my Dalmatian had to stay at the e-vet, the tech had me bring in a t-shirt I had worn and he put it in with her. He told me she seemed to be a little calmer with something familiar. I know I felt better that there was a little bit of me there. I don't know if your vet will permit it, but maybe it will help Polli to have something of yours (with cookies, please!) with her until she can come home.

Beverly

When Dh took Polli to the vet, we didn't know she would be staying so we didn't have the tee shirt to leave. he went to the car and got some of the pillows we keep in the back of the car for the dogs and he also took the shirt off his back, liteally and left it. Tomorrow when we drop off food, i will be bringing another stinky shirt for her.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm scared. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest PiagetsMom

And, you wouldn't be normal if you weren't scared right now. I have no experience with this, Robin, but I know that your love for Polli, and the obvious dedication you have for your pups will see you through :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom

Guest goodtimekid

I think that is a logical emotion. You, DH, and Polli have been through a rough few days to say the least. Being scared is ok, staying in fear is another thing. We put our trust in our vets and God mostly for the best care we can get for our babies. It sounds like your vets have done everything right so far. When you can get her at home you will feel better knowing that you are caring for her. Let's face it, not one can care for our own like us... Chin up and smile. Hugs to you.

I'm scared. :(

:grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

OMG Robin, how in the WORLD did I miss this?!?!?!?! I'm so sorry this is happening, but, it sounds like your girl is in very capable hands and of course, you're doing everything you can for her at this moment. One day at a time.

I don't have any specific advice, but, what I CAN advise you to do is to lean on those here that have been through this (sadly, there are far too many of those people), and do as much reading as you can. That will help you feel more prepared for the day she gets to come home, and for the days following as well.

Hugs to you and yours...your DH has got to be the sweetest guy ever! We're all here to listen if things get tough :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Morning. I'm checking in.

Robin, you can be scared. You can be scared and devastated and angry and you can cry a lot. But then it's time to go forward and get on with the business of Polli's recovery. I know from our other conversations that you're making your plans and getting everything prepared for when Polli comes home and you're trying to get your head around it all. It will be terribly sad for a short while, when she does come home, because she'll look different and that will take some getting used to but before you know it, she'll just be Polli again. The days will pass and you will see her getting stronger and you too will become stronger.

As the collars and leashes say - Trust, Hope, Believe, Love :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Just checking in to see if there are any more reports on Polli during the night. Also wanted to see how you were doing as well. Hang in there Robin - this is such an emotional ordeal but the days will get better once she is home and you can care for her yourself and watch her progress as she heals. :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Hollys2hounds

Thinking of you all.

As Karen said, we will be in Dewey, and away from the computer for the weekend. You and Polli will be in our thoughts and prayers constantly.

Feel free to call my cell phone (even if it's 3 am)!!! ANYTIME!

Gentle hugs to you all.

Holly

Edited by Hollys2hounds

Robin, I am just now seeing this. I am so very sorry you and Polli are having to face this. This is just unbelievable! Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you and Polli. As someone else mentioned, take a deep breath and you will get through this. You have the strength to do what you need to do for your girl.

Bandit sends his love and licks to his mom for a speedy recovery.

Joanne

Hi Robin,

Just checking in on you this morning. You have not been very far from my thoughts at all. Off course you are scared, I think you can pretty much to go through all the emotions in your bag during this stage. I would suggest, they are all normal and expected.

I am just a ferry ride away and you have my cell. 24/7. I hope your visit it a good one with Polli.

Have you had a moment to contact Circle of Grey? OMG talk about angels on earth.

Warmly,

Lori

I reccieved a call from the tech who stayed with her @ 11PM- She was resting comfortably. Nothing to report.

2 AM call, she had had the Big D and she stood up tp go (Bless her heart) and it got all over her so the tech, Margaret, cleaned her up, changed her and she was all set relaxing again. at the 6 Am phone call, Pollihad started to get "agitated" at aboiut 5AM, they were hoping for her to hold out a little longer because they do plan on her getting up on her feet today. But she said that she was whining and panting and they don't want her in pain so they gave her another shot for comfort. Sigh.

This is why I wanted someone through the night. I will opt for that again tonight and however many nights she has to be there because I just want her to be comfortable.

I should hear something when the docs get in around 9ish.

DH and I will split take off 1/2 days next week each, me in the morning, him in the afternoon so she is not alone. We are trying to prepare beforehand as much as we can as Bevd said, but I have a feeling we are not going to be prepared at all.

And I know the only thing I can do now besides, love, believe, hope, is let go, and let God.

Edited by RobinM

Oh Robin, the pain you are feeling for Polli just comes thru your words. My heart goes out to you. Know that you have so many people here on this forum to lean on for help and encouragement. Our thoughts and prayers are all with you and your beautiful girl.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest MorganKonaAlex

It sounds like Polli is doing well. Your Vet is doing things a bit differently than ours. Morgan and Alex were walked the evening of surgery. Both started their chemo about 2 weeks after surgery. Morgan also had carboplatin, 4 rounds. Alex had alternating Adrimycin and Carboplatin. From my experience, carboplatin seems easier to take. With Carboplatin, Alex (always a good eater) showed no noticable side effects. Morgan, (my difficult eater), he was a lethargic and his appetite was off for a few days. It was a good idea for Polli to have a dental. I had chemo a few years ago and was told not to have any dental procedures (even a cleaning) while in chemo.

They don't need a lot of care when they come home but it's good to be there. Both of mine were restless at night for several weeks. For Morgan, we assumed he was in pain and kept increasing/changing his meds. It took us a week to figure out he doesn't tolerate opiate pain meds. We took him off the pain meds and he was much better within 12 hours. I'm not sure why Alex was restless, but think a UTI contributed.