All The Way From Sweden

Lotta

Hi there

My name is Lotta and I live in Sollentuna, just outside of Stockholm (the capitol of Sweden ). I have an Irish Greyhound from PAWS, called Annie. She is 5 years old and the absolutely most gentle and goodhearted dog I`ve ever met. Since she had no intrest in racing, she was left in her cage for most of her early life chewing down her frontteeths to a minimum. :sad1

She came to Sweden through the organisation Neverneverland, who bring mostly Lurchers and Greyhounds from Ireland to be adopted in Sweden.

Unfortunately Annies first family didn`t take too good care of her due to increasing alcoholism and she and the other 2 greys were in quite poor condition when the situation was brought to light...

Well now she`s got her health and condition in order and will live the rest of her life with me :love2

Sighthounds and especially greyhounds are surprisingly not that huge in Sweden and apart from a forum for people who`d adopted dogs, there aren`t any "greytalk"-forums closer by. So, since I absolutely adooore greys, I thought this would be a nice place to see pictures and hear other greylovers talk about their babies! :wub:

I also thought this would be a perfect place to practise my english, so please bare with me for any misspelling I might do... :blink:

S6300447.jpg

S6300394.jpg

Siggy2.jpg
Ester (Kaylas Princess) and Sune The Cat
Annie (Morbeat Ann) (16/8 2003-30/8 2013) Caspar (Crazy Enough) (8/5 2002-29/7 2013)

She's gorgeous, Welcome from Texas :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Welcome Lotta from Ontario Canada!!! Annie is beautiful and looks very happy to have found her forever home. Nice pics, especially the one with the lake.

PS - your English looks good to me! Try Swedish on any of us and I can guarantee we won't have a clue! At least I can do French....

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Hello from Canada! I've spent time in Malmo and I'll bet your English is better than mine! :lol

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Another warm welcome from Canada...your English is excellent...Canadian spelling resembles Britain more than the US so may see the same word spelled differently on this forum.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from Virginia! Your girl is beautiful.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest longdogs

Hello Lotta. I also lived for several years in Stockholm - without a greyhound - and am now in Australia. Watch out for Annie with all those hares about! We loved Sweden and hope to return one day. Meanwhile, I might need to find a Swedish greyhound group to practice my Swedish...

Welcome to GT, Lotta! Your English is great!!

Annie looks a lot like my Cody girl when I got her at age 4...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Annie is Beautiful!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub: Thanks so Much for giving her a greyt FOREVER home!!! Welcome to the forum. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter