Miles

Guest lauri

I'm sorry about how I keep coming back here about Miles' health, but I'm just so tired and sad.

Seems just when things are getting better we have another set-back.

We had finally gotten him to eat regular meals (althogh smaller than usual) for close to two weeks and then two nights ago, eating was 'OKAY' and then yesterday not eating again.

He's depressed, tired, and weak. He's so damn skinny you can see every bone in his body. He has lost his muscle mass and looks like a skeleton. Last night he was looking at e with his big brown sweet eyes and it was like he was saying, "Mom, what's rong with me?"

It's heartbreaking. Especially because I have to keep telling myself that this may be close to the end.

He's gone from this vibrant happy, playful, loving, chunky Greyhound, into a shell of himself in just a few months.

Tuesday I will take him into see the senior vet who owns the clinic that he goes to. I'd go Monday, but I have my chemo treatment then. We're going to do another blood panel and then some other panels that test digestive enzymes and the such. Maybe a round of the Prednisone could work, but that's our last hope. Mike and I have decided against exploratory surgery. I'm not putting my almost 10 year old weak dog through that just to find out that 'YES' it's IBD, 'YES" it's cancer, or 'HMMM' we don't see anything apparent.

The vet will be able to tell through bloodwork at this point if things are not going to look good, and if that's the case, we'll just keep him comfortable and love him as much as we can.

But please send good thoughts our way that we can find some way of treating Miles. I love him so much and can't imagine our lives without him in it.

:sad1:grouphug I'm sorry he's so unwell. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts. :grouphug:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time. I wish both of you to be well.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

{{{{{{{{{{lauri}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry that both of you are going through this.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

The roller coaster with Miles must be so very hard. Had hoped he'd stay on a path of progress. :( Keeping your sweet boy in my prayers and sending him :getwell thoughts. Many hugs to you... :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry. Sending my prayers and white light for precious Miles and his family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry, Lauri. Sending healing thoughts and hugs. I hope the senior vet will have answers the others have not.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, sometimes not knowing is worse, but I agree with you about the surgery. I have decided against any major surgery for Cody who is almost 13. You know your pup and what's best for both of you.

I wish you the best in your own health issue.

Terry

Sending lots of prayers. Have you tried pred? I can't remember

Dr. Samuels wanted to use that as a a last resort. He'll go in for a check up again and the bloodwork. He's not in pain it seems so that's a plus.

I guess the Prednisone can increase the appetite as well, and even though I am not a big steriod advocate, I feel it's a chance we need to take.

He's got this mass on his right abdomen just past the ribcage. Vet says it COULD be an organ that's obvious now that he's so thin, but I'm thinking it's growing. She'll check it out on Tuesday.

You and Miles remain in our prayers. I can't even imagine what you're going through. All I know is that you love that boy, and you will do what is best for him. We will go over and light a special candle for both you and him!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Lauri, you, Miles and the rest of your family are in my thoughts :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry. We had to make the difficult decision to put Clay on prednisolone. Other than the peeing and initial reaction to a high pred dosage we started with to get his system "under control", Clay was able to tolerate the pred just fine. I hope you get some more answers from the senior vet.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I'm so sorry you and Miles are going through this. I know it's stressful and sad to watch him decline. Such a helpless feeling, and we share that---wishing there was something more we could do. But know that lots of prayers and white light are going out to you. Please let us know how he's doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so sorry both you and Miles are going thru this. Please do consider using the Prednisone for Miles. It was given last August to Hobbes as a last resort and completely turned things around for the better for him. After the initial dose, he was on a relatively low maintenance dosage and literally saved his life. We had an additional 10 months with him before we lost him to cancer. You'll be in my thoughts and good wishes.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy