Remembering Rocky

Sheshe

I usually do not post in this part of Greytalk becuase I cry so hard. My DH and I had the wonderful privalege of greysitting 2 of our freinds greyhounds. Rocky and Kai. (Kai happened to be our first foster so this was exciting). Our freind had to have surgery and during the surgery we found out Rocky had cancer. It had progressed to beyond any medical help and he would need to be put to sleep. We met Rocky on Tuesday August 26th and he went to the Rainbow Bridge Tuesday September 5th. In the short time we knew him we fell so in love with him. He had been neglected for nine years and was rescued by GPA. He came to my friend in Febuary and she thought she would have several years with him, sadly only a few short months. Our vet came to her home and she was kind enough to let us be there when he went to the Rainbow Bridge. He went peacefully and his big brother Kai and little sister Boo were there to say goodbye. Kai was so sweet. When Rocky breathed his last breath Kai bowed his head as far down as possible and sighed. I know in my heart that Boo and Kai understood. Rocky will always be in our hearts. Rest easy and run free with all your freinds. We will see you again someday.

Rocky_gretalk_.jpg

Sheila
Loved by

Mozart, Sherri, Xavier, McCleary, Tigger. Amelia and 2 Salukis Poppy and Zarah

How heartbreaking. :brokenheart I'm sorry he didn't have lots more time in his loving forever home. :(

Run free, sweet Rocky... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Rest in peace Rocky.

:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Run free sweetie. You are among all of our Angels now until we meet again. My deepest sympathy. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry that Rocky did not have more time to live in a home where he was so loved. My deepest sympathy to those who loved him. He looked like such a gentle soul.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so sorry. :candle Godspeed Rocky, run with all the angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

He knew what love meant....hopefully that helps all of you that had everything to do with that. Godspeed, sweet boy.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

:(:f_white

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16