I Need Some Advice

Keep it up sweetie!!

Where do you buy nutritional yeast? Are there different brands, some better than others?

Most health food stores carry it, and as for brand, I don't think it matters.And if anyone can't find it in your area, here's an 800# to Clarke's mail order. They're a big health food store here in Ca. That # is 800-251-8996. Let me tell you what they did yesterday. When I called to order the yeast for Emmy, it was late in the afternoon Ca time. I told them this just HAD TO be there overnight. The woman told me that fed-ex was already there for pick up. They had fed-ex wait for my order so they could get it to Emmy overnight. Now I don't frequent health food stores, but any order I have will go through this company for sure!

You are such an amazingly dear person :kiss2

Now eat Miss Emmy!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nutritional Yeast that Claudia ordered came this morning and after eating a little over 2 cups of soup this morning, Emmy ate another cup and a half with the nutritional yeast, and the amazing thing was she looked like she was really enjoying it. She lapped it up like crazy! I haven't seen her eat like that in 3 months! She will be getting it in each of her meals from now on! Maybe with some luck and the nutritional yeast, we can work her back up to solid food again!

Thank you Claudia from the bottom of mine and Emmy's heart!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I've no idea how I've not seen this thread.

I'm really glad to hear that little Emmy is starting to eat a little now.

I'm having an issue with Wallace and his feeding but on a much smaller scale than you've been having with Emmy. He would eat cooked pasta for his three meals if I allowed him to but I also want him to have some proper dog food for nutritional balance. But he just really wants pasta. Just now, before I read your thread, I was sitting on the floor, trying to get him to eat normal kibble (soaked) off a spoon.

I think I too may have to look into this yeast thing.

Edit - you were typing at the same time as me! I'm so pleased that she's eaten better again :D I will definately be looking for yeast!

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:yay:yay:yay

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti Emmy, you have made my day young lady, Hell, truth is, you made my week!! I can see it now....she's going to become an eating machine. A bigger thanks needs to go to Xan because this was her suggestion to me for Misty. I'de never heard of nutritional yeast. I had to pm her and ask her if that's what I actually ask for. :lol:banana:banana:banana

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Keep it up sweetie!!

Where do you buy nutritional yeast? Are there different brands, some better than others?

Most health food stores carry it, and as for brand, I don't think it matters.And if anyone can't find it in your area, here's an 800# to Clarke's mail order. They're a big health food store here in Ca. That # is 800-251-8996. Let me tell you what they did yesterday. When I called to order the yeast for Emmy, it was late in the afternoon Ca time. I told them this just HAD TO be there overnight. The woman told me that fed-ex was already there for pick up. They had fed-ex wait for my order so they could get it to Emmy overnight. Now I don't frequent health food stores, but any order I have will go through this company for sure!

I'm not sure how many companies actually manufacture it, but ideally, you're looking for Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula Nutritional Yeast. But, as long as it says NUTRITIONAL yeast, I think you're in good shape. The store I get mine from has it in bulk bins, and the label says it's Red Star, so I'm a happy camper! I buy it about a quart at a time! :P LOVE it! (Takes care of my cheesy fix, too! Mmm!)

The Nutritional Yeast that Claudia ordered came this morning and after eating a little over 2 cups of soup this morning, Emmy ate another cup and a half with the nutritional yeast, and the amazing thing was she looked like she was really enjoying it. She lapped it up like crazy! I haven't seen her eat like that in 3 months! She will be getting it in each of her meals from now on! Maybe with some luck and the nutritional yeast, we can work her back up to solid food again!

Thank you Claudia from the bottom of mine and Emmy's heart!

OH YEAY!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

That's so GREAT! I really got a literal charge reading this, and am now all choked up! That stuff is magic, I tell ya! :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

BRILLIANT news Judy!! :yay :yay :yay

Well done Misses Xan and Claudia !!!

My dogs will stay on it as long as they continue to enjoy it. The nutritional benefits are worth it!

I have to add I have gotten more than one useful tip through idea exchanges such as this thread.

GT gets on my nerves at times, but information such as this is worth any little momentary aggravation.

Thanks to all who so willingly share what works for them!

Guest KRKWMU

Greyt news!!! :banana I'm all choked up here at my desk! We also have seen the benefits of the nutritional yeast first-hand with our girl, Bonnie! That stuff is pure gold...flaky gold! ;)

Will she start getting Reglan soon? Then the Cushings meds again? Just wondered what the plan was now that SHE'S EATING! :D Go Emmy!

Greyt news!!! :banana I'm all choked up here at my desk! We also have seen the benefits of the nutritional yeast first-hand with our girl, Bonnie! That stuff is pure gold...flaky gold! ;)

Will she start getting Reglan soon? Then the Cushings meds again? Just wondered what the plan was now that SHE'S EATING! :D Go Emmy!

That's the plan! If I can keep her eating through the weekend, then I'll call Dr. B. Monday morning and see about getting her started on the Reglan and then add her Cushings medication back on board again. Her daddy is stopping at Costco to get her some rotiserrie chicken and I'll chop that up and see if she'll eat it. She loves it when she's feeling good.

Keep the good eating thoughts coming because along with Emmy's Angels the good thoughts are working!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

So glad she is eating!

Must scout around for nutritional yeast -- sounds more manageable than Tripett!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Nutritional yeast is an amazing food. I wonder how many folks, including me, have never even heard of it!

I'm so glad Emmy is eating again. What a worry for you that is hopefully over with!

Marcia in SC

Nutritional yeast is an amazing food. I wonder how many folks, including me, have never even heard of it!

I'm so glad Emmy is eating again. What a worry for you that is hopefully over with!

Marcia in SC

I had never heard of it either until Xan suggested it. If you try it, get ready because it REALLY increases the appetite. Misty now begs for food and she has never done that.And when I tried it for Misty, she was dealing with a viral infection and a very upset stomach because of meds she was on.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Wonderful news! Keep it coming on little girl! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest IrskasMom

I am happy to hear about Emmy . Good Girl Emmy :yay:yay I was curious , could it be helpful in any of our Hounds spat of not

Eating or is it to high in Protein for everyday use ? I just called the GNC Store at the Mall and the Clerk did like he

never heard of it either .

Looking at the nutritional values, I'd say it's safe for every day use (also helps repel biting beasties like fleas and mosquitoes, who don't like B vit.s!) Too much will give some nasty gas, though! :P

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I am happy to hear about Emmy . Good Girl Emmy :yay:yay I was curious , could it be helpful in any of our Hounds spat of not

Eating or is it to high in Protein for everyday use ? I just called the GNC Store at the Mall and the Clerk did like he

never heard of it either .

What is it with GNC? Judy had tried there also.They need to get with the program :lol I asked my vet about daily use and his exact comment was"go for it"

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Marcia in SC

I had never heard of it either until Xan suggested it. If you try it, get ready because it REALLY increases the appetite. Misty now begs for food and she has never done that.And when I tried it for Misty, she was dealing with a viral infection and a very upset stomach because of meds she was on.

Oh NO!! All 3 of mine are beggers! :lol

For all the good it does them, but they still try.