I Need Some Advice

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldja look at that? Claudia comes through again! :bow2

Yes, they're not the same, but of course you can mix it with whatever you throw in the blender.

Good luck with it!

:bighug

This is what you call paying it forward my friend. Remember, it was your tip that got Misty eating ;)

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest paulamariez

Saying lots of prayers for your sweet Emmy! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending her some get well doggie kisses too!

Yeay, Emmy! Eat 'em up, yum!

I'm going to hit the Nutritional yeast note yet again. It's full of B vitamins, including B12, which are very supportive of the whole system, which it sounds like she could use right now, and which do stimulate appetite! :)

I had a sick goat that we just did not know what to try next with, and the vet gave her a Vit. B injection. She stood right up and walked straight to her feeder. That's good stuff! (I know: goats are not dogs, but it's works across species according to the vet.)

It's really tasty, like cheese powder. Make sure it gets damp so it doesn't make her sneeze or cough. If you even add it to a syringe meal, it should help for the next one!

Chanting!

*Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D *

Xan, the only health food store we have here is GNC and they don't have nutritional yeast, all they have is brewers yeast. Is this the same? If not I'll have to order some on line. :rolleyes: I'm willing to try anything at this point. Part of the problem is she will not eat anything and I mean anything unless it is put in the blender. If she has to chew it she won't even try it. We are so stumped with this because her mouth has been checked inside and out!! I don't care if I have to blend her food for the rest of her life, I will if she will just eat enough to stay alive!

edited to say: I just found out that Brewers yeast and Nutritional yeast aren't the same. :(

Have no fear my friend Emmy....it's on the way, will be there tomorrow. Now you have to promise everyone you will eat!! This is for you :kiss2

Beat me to it!! Judy all three of my guys are some of the several hounds Claudia mentioned. My guys are eating well on their own now, but MAN they love that stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed it will do the trick for Emmy too.

Guest LokisMom

Just now seeing this.

I am sorry your are going through this. I get frustrated when our healthy dog goes on a hunger strike(she is jsut picky) so I cannot imagine how heart wrenching it must be with a sick pup :(

I hope she starts eating better.

Come on, Emmy, you can do it!

Well we finally got her to eat something tonight. Mike brought home some Hearty Chicken & Vegetable soup so we mixed that with some chicken and stars, threw in some vitamins, pepcid, sea kelp and some Benedryl and mixed it all up. One discovery, she likes her soup cold. She didn't want it when it was warm. :rolleyes: Heck, I'll freeze it if she eats it. So todays total sum of food 1 cup of soup this morning and 2 1/2 cups tonight and a little pedialyte.

Tomorrow we will be adding the Nutritional Yeast and see if that improves things. If it does, Mike promised to make a trip to Costco to buy her a rotisserie chicken and she can have the whole darn thing if she will eat it.

The downside, well you knew there had to be one didn't you, the Cushings symptoms are back. :( So for the next couple of days she will be panting quite a bit and upping her intake of water again. Hopefully we can get her eating good and with the Reglan, the medication shouldn't bother her as much.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

All fingers & toes crossed that she will get back in the habit of eating and be able to take her meds.

What a miserable roller coaster for you guys. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Vinnie

When ours are not up to par and wanting to eat - we entice with various things - for hiding pills both braunshwager or liverwurst are moldable around the pill and help to mask the scent - and they gobble this without chewing so that's very helpful. For getting the appetite going we use sauteed chicken or beef liver with onions and butter for flavor - crunchy peanut butter cookies - spaghetti (in a regular bowl) - rotisserie chicken. These all do really well as fail safes and the smells are good to get their appetites going.

We will keep Emmy and your family in our thoughts and prayers - hopefully she will start eating again soon.

Guest hannahmom

Dear Miss Emmy,

Please eat just a little more for your Momma

We are all hoping to hear that you are finishing all your meals

Love

Chinghis, Hannah and Grover ( and their Momma)

Well I was able to get her to eat about 2 1/2 cups of blended soup this morning. At least with the chunky soup she's getting more calories than with the regular soup. We're going to add the nutritional yeast as soon as it arrives. Hopefully we can get her to eat at least 3 meals a day.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Good girl....please keep up the good work honey girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover

Keep it up sweetie!!

Where do you buy nutritional yeast? Are there different brands, some better than others?

Keep it up sweetie!!

Where do you buy nutritional yeast? Are there different brands, some better than others?

Most health food stores carry it, and as for brand, I don't think it matters.And if anyone can't find it in your area, here's an 800# to Clarke's mail order. They're a big health food store here in Ca. That # is 800-251-8996. Let me tell you what they did yesterday. When I called to order the yeast for Emmy, it was late in the afternoon Ca time. I told them this just HAD TO be there overnight. The woman told me that fed-ex was already there for pick up. They had fed-ex wait for my order so they could get it to Emmy overnight. Now I don't frequent health food stores, but any order I have will go through this company for sure!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Guest vahoundlover
Keep it up sweetie!!

Most health food stores carry it, and as for brand, I don't think it matters.And if anyone can't find it in your area, here's an 800# to Clarke's mail order. They're a big health food store here in Ca. That # is 800-251-8996. Let me tell you what they did yesterday. When I called to order the yeast for Emmy, it was late in the afternoon Ca time. I told them this just HAD TO be there overnight. The woman told me that fed-ex was already there for pick up. They had fed-ex wait for my order so they could get it to Emmy overnight. Now I don't frequent health food stores, but any order I have will go through this company for sure!

Thanks! another question :blush Do you feed this daily or just when they seem to need a appetite boost?

Keep it up sweetie!!

Thanks! another question :blush Do you feed this daily or just when they seem to need a appetite boost?

I can only tell you what I do with Misty.I am still putting it in her food every morning because I have created a monster.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg