I Need Some Advice

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued prayers your way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Just seeing this and adding my prayers that Emmy scarfs down some food. Come on Emmy dear, eat for your mommy.

Could she have a tooth ache.

She just had a complete dental and had her nose and throat scoped so there isn't anything that we can see that would prevent her from eating. We've been dealing with this off and on for 2 months now. It's just gotten so much worse. She wouldn't eat lunch. :(

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Please think about giving the Nutritional Yeast a try. It's worked so well for not only my girl,but for several others

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I know it must be so upsetting when she won't eat. Hopefully, taking her off that med will help. Can you try with some Nutrical, or some high protein paste on her tongue to get some calories into her?

Emmy is in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

It sounds crazy, but the techs at my vet's office swear that even the most anorexic of animals will eat Big Macs. No joke, they have been known to send one out to get Big Macs for patients! Maybe Emmy needs to go through the drive thru at Mickey D's?

When my cat was in kidney failure, my vet had me rub meat-flavored baby food on her gums. Maybe that would work for Emmy too?

Sending lots of good hungry thoughts to Miss Emmy!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Yeay, Emmy! Eat 'em up, yum!

I'm going to hit the Nutritional yeast note yet again. It's full of B vitamins, including B12, which are very supportive of the whole system, which it sounds like she could use right now, and which do stimulate appetite! :)

I had a sick goat that we just did not know what to try next with, and the vet gave her a Vit. B injection. She stood right up and walked straight to her feeder. That's good stuff! (I know: goats are not dogs, but it's works across species according to the vet.)

It's really tasty, like cheese powder. Make sure it gets damp so it doesn't make her sneeze or cough. If you even add it to a syringe meal, it should help for the next one!

Chanting!

*Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D *

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

My girl has eating problems once in a while. I boiled chicken and cooked rice in the broth and mix it together and she really likes that when she won't eat anything else.

Good luck, it is so frustrating, I know.

BeBesm.jpg

Make a fast friend, adopt a greyhound!!

I'm going to hit the Nutritional yeast note yet again. It's full of B vitamins, including B12, which are very supportive of the whole system, which it sounds like she could use right now, and which do stimulate appetite! :)

I had a sick goat that we just did not know what to try next with, and the vet gave her a Vit. B injection. She stood right up and walked straight to her feeder. That's good stuff! (I know: goats are not dogs, but it's works across species according to the vet.)

It's really tasty, like cheese powder. Make sure it gets damp so it doesn't make her sneeze or cough. If you even add it to a syringe meal, it should help for the next one!

Chanting!

*Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D Emmy yummy Emmy yum! See the goodies? Get them in your tum! :D *

Xan, the only health food store we have here is GNC and they don't have nutritional yeast, all they have is brewers yeast. Is this the same? If not I'll have to order some on line. :rolleyes: I'm willing to try anything at this point. Part of the problem is she will not eat anything and I mean anything unless it is put in the blender. If she has to chew it she won't even try it. We are so stumped with this because her mouth has been checked inside and out!! I don't care if I have to blend her food for the rest of her life, I will if she will just eat enough to stay alive!

edited to say: I just found out that Brewers yeast and Nutritional yeast aren't the same. :(

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Chanting!

Xan, the only health food store we have here is GNC and they don't have nutritional yeast, all they have is brewers yeast. Is this the same? If not I'll have to order some on line. :rolleyes: I'm willing to try anything at this point. Part of the problem is she will not eat anything and I mean anything unless it is put in the blender. If she has to chew it she won't even try it. We are so stumped with this because her mouth has been checked inside and out!! I don't care if I have to blend her food for the rest of her life, I will if she will just eat enough to stay alive!

edited to say: I just found out that Brewers yeast and Nutritional yeast aren't the same. :(

Have no fear my friend Emmy....it's on the way, will be there tomorrow. Now you have to promise everyone you will eat!! This is for you :kiss2

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Wouldja look at that? Claudia comes through again! :bow2

Yes, they're not the same, but of course you can mix it with whatever you throw in the blender.

Good luck with it!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.