I Need Some Advice

Sending more prayers and tasty food thoughts. :hope Time to fill that empty tummy, baby girl. :kiss2:chow

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest KRKWMU

Sounds like a good plan to start fresh. :goodluck Did your vet mention anything about Pepcid as well? Hope things go well tomorrow. We'll be thinking about you and Emmy.

Sending prayers that Emmy starts eating soon. I know how very hard it is when our hounds do not eat. :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Come on, sweetie, just a couple bites.

Sending lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest GiJenn51

Judy--- You might want to syringe some food in her mouth. baby food or whatever... But often a couple of those would normally get Tigger and Cinder eating.

Oh yeah and vienna sausages. ;)

Emmy-- sweet baby girl-- please eat!!!

Baked or rotisserie chicken, Gerber's baby meat, lean roast beef, cottage cheese, boiled ground round (drain off all liquid), EVO canned, ID canned, canned green tripe, cheese, deli turkey-

these are some of the things I alternate for Renie. The way I got her tummy feeling better so she would be eating (had to eat to take long term antibiotic) I gave her Reglan and Pepcid about 30-45 minutes before I was going to feed her, and at bedtime I gave her Carafate. I put the Carafate in a syringe and added enough water to make a slurry then squirted it in her mouth. She is finally off the antibiotics but is still not an eager eater and she still needs to gain back some lost weight, so we are still doing the "what will Renie eat this meal?" dance. I start with one thing and if that doesn't work I give her another, if that doesn't work then another etc. This isn't about a dog being spoiled, it's about a dog who has been very sick. She still gets the Pepcid along with milk thistle and Sam-e. When they are sick it's whatever works. I hope you are able to get Emmy to eat. Maybe you could ask the vet about Pepcid with the Reglan, and Carafate.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Winterwish

Emmy is in my thoughts and prayers, :gh_child:hope

I've ahd good results with a half milk,half Ensure Judy. The milk tastes more familiar,or a more natural taste,even smell to it then the ensure so adding milk may make it more something she'd be more apt to take. :grouphug

Come on Emmy....it's Spaghetti O's, girl!

I agree with one of the earlier posts, in addition to her feeling puny she may well be picking up on your anxiety. too. I know how hard that is to mask, you can't really make it go away, but maybe during meal times you can pretend all is well.

I'm so sorry you're still going through this.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Pamela

just try ground beef with rice. make sure you cook the beef and the rice mix it together. See if she eats this before you push the meds then if she does start eating it then try the pill do not let her see the pill in the food so just put enough food in her dish for a mouth full with the pill. If she does not eat this use chicken both on the food. See some dogs just so picky when they do not feel well. If she does not eat any of this your vet needs to put her on an Ivy. I not sure how old the dog is but maybe there something else wrong that your vet should look into but try this and see how this works. When you get the ground beef get the lean one some times its easer for the dog to chew. Please let me know if this works.

Guest tricolorhounds

After our Cecily had her spleen removed last year there were a couple of days she didn't want to eat... Labs never not want to eat!!! I put a beef roast and some barley in the crock pot, covered in only water and cooked most of the day... she devoured it. Maybe the smell of it cooking all day may stimulate her appetite.

:hope Emmy :hope

Well we managed to get some chicken soup in her last night. Regular old Campbell's chicken and rice soup. She drank the broth and then left the rice and carrots, like I said she doesn't want to chew anything, so I took the rice and carrots and blended them with the rest of the broth in the pan and about 3 hours later she ate about a cup more of soup and drank some pedialyte.

This morning she ate 1 cup of blended vegetable beef soup and drank a little pedialyte.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Good girl, Emmy!

Long ways to go, but you must feel so relieved that she has eaten SOMETHING.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Keep trying sweetie...you are doing a good job. Little baby steps...one day at a time. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I used to make up a pot of Lipton's (or Campbell's) Chicken Noodle Soup dried mix in the box. Hobbes liked the tiny noodles because they were easy to drink up in the broth. Sometimes I would crush some Saltine Crackers in the soup bowl and mix it in. On the days he didn't want regular food I would give him his soup mix several times a day. I think it soothed his stomach. It was one of the few things he never failed to eat. Also try mashed potatoes with boiled chicken shredded into tiny pieces mixed in. That was another thing that worked well. I used to hand feed it with my fingers to Hobbes on those days he needed help. It also didn't take a lot of chewing to get down.

Good luck with Emmy. She has been thru so much and is such a sweetheart

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Hannah

:grouphug

Pilchards in tomato sauce is what my lot have always been absolutely determined to eat no matter how ill they have felt. But it has to be the tomato sauce ones otherwise they turn their noses up at it :blink:

I will warn you they smell almost as bad as tripe!

fingers crossed that Emmy rediscoveres her appetite soon

Good girl Emmy! You must just know that chicken soup is good for what ails you.

Judy, :goodluck that the modification of meds will help your girl feel well enough to eat.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.