Izzy Is Gone.

Guest SillyIzzysMom

Guest SillyIzzysMom

I almost can't type this. I just got a call from the vet hospital. In response to her first treatment for Histoplasmosis, Izzy had a very bad DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation) and was thowing blood clots in her lungs. He said that maybe. . .just maybe she might survive the DIC, but she almost no chance she could undergo any further treatment for the Histoplasmosis--which is killing her slowly and painfully.

So, I told him to go ahead and put her down. Oh please, no flames. My heart is broken already.

Melissa

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest BradyzMommy

No flames here. I am so very sorry. :grouphug

I know how hard it is to make that decision, but know in your heart that you did the right thing for her.

Edited by BradyzMommy

I almost can't type this. I just got a call from the vet hospital. In response to her first treatment for Histoplasmosis, Izzy had a very bad DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation) and was thowing blood clots in her lungs. He said that maybe. . .just maybe she might survive the DIC, but she almost no chance she could undergo any further treatment for the Histoplasmosis--which is killing her slowly and painfully.

So, I told him to go ahead and put her down. Oh please, no flames. My heart is broken already.

Melissa

So, so sorry.

Of course there are no flames. I am so very sorry for your loss. You did the right thing for your pup.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest boondog

I couldn't believe it when I saw the title. I'm so very sorry. Nobody should flame you. You did what you had to do. :grouphug Run free, Izzy.

Guest greytloves

Wow. just sent you a PM.

The only thing I can think of is this, she did not suffer long. You made the right choice and I am so very sorry.

Kathy

Guest 2Brindles

You did all you could for your sweet girl. We know that, and more importantly, she does too. Hugs to you in this difficult time.

Run free sweet Izzy :gh_runf_yellow:gh_run

No flames, ever. Izzy had two nasty condition topped off with clots to the lungs. You did what you had to do. So very sorry you both had to go through this.

Marcia in SC

How very sad. :( I am so sorry.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry for your loss. Izzy was so very ill and you had no choice. This is the kindest thing you could do for your sweet girl. I wish I had the right words to say to ease your heartache.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy