Please Send Prayers For Johnny, It's Bloat Update W/pictures

Guest JohnnyBell

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor baby, prayers for Johnny and his nervous mommy.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest SusanP

I'm hoping hoping hoping he can come home soon, too. Any chance you can spend big chunks of time at the vet's with him or would that just upset him every time you had to leave?

Guest Vinnie

Just seeing this and sending lots of prayers and hugs for you and Johnny. One of Gracie's littermates was lost to bloat/torsion without the apparent warning signs. How very scary. So glad you were able to get him in and they did surgery so quickly. We can't stay at the vets either with Gracie or our Angel Vinnie - we always took them home as the anxiety level created too many other problems. Here's hoping that today is better and he has eaten and is stable on his feet so you can bring him home.

I'm trying to remember something about what sedatives/pain meds can cause anxiety in greys. I know I read it in CG last year or so. Maybe they're giving him something that's causing some of the problem? Ace? Morphine-based pain meds? Someone here will know more than me!

In the mean time, thank goodness he survived the bloat and surgery!

Sending good thoughts, a bunch of hugs for you, and a chant:

*Calm. Relaxed. Healing, and going home to rest and recover. Johnny will be back to normal in no time! Calm. Relaxed. Healing, and going home to rest and recover. Johnny will be back to normal in no time! Calm. Relaxed. Healing, and going home to rest and recover. Johnny will be back to normal in no time!*

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Adding our good wishes for Johnny :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest JohnnyBell

Johnny's Home!!!!!!! We came to the conclusion that with all the anxiety issues Johnny's having at the hospital, he would be better at home. He was stressin a lot at the vet and still worked up when I first got home, but he has settled down a lot. He is now resting in his favorite bed. He has so many meds that he has his own little pharmacy going on. I'm just so happy he's here with us. :confetti:confetti

So happy to read that he's home. I've been checking the thread. I bet he'll turn the corner very quickly now that he's home with his family. Hugs to both of you!

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Welcome home sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest gomiesmom

I am soooooooooooo happy Johnny is doing better and is HOME. I'm sure he'll do much better w/ you at home.

(prayer chain worked again...) :yay

Guest IrskasMom

I was just checking in on the latest Update on Johnny's Condition and I am really happy he is HOME. Give that Boy some

gentle Hugs :kiss2:grouphug:kiss2:grouphug:kiss2:grouphug and Kisses .

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest gr8hound47

Have been following how Johnny is doing. So glad to hear he is home and on his way to recovery. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. :getwell:hope:hope

Glad to hear he's home!

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.