Please Send Prayers For Johnny, It's Bloat Update W/pictures

Guest JohnnyBell

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yay:yay:yay So happy to hear that he's home with you. What a handsome guy he is. Keeping that boy in our prayers for continued improvement. That was a tough road for him :yay:yay

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest adoptagreyhound

The first word in my mind wasn't "spoiled." LUCKY is the word I would use to describe this boy's life. He has an amazing mommy who loves him and it just doesn't get better than that!

I'm SO glad he's home!!

I'm glad he's home and comfortable. What a handsome boy he is! And he looks really happy to be home, too.

I'd talk to the surgeon about the water and what they recommend.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest gr84me

I'm so glad he's home! Yep, tummy surgery is painful, so it takes a few days. But they recover fast!

The ice cubes are a good idea. It takes a while to get everything working properly again. The doctor might have some ideas about the water.

:grouphug Johnny's lucky to have you; you have good instincts and you knew when to take him in. Have you had a chance yet to get some rest? And maybe a drink or two or three?

So glad to get this update. I have been thinking about Johnny. From the looks of it, his mummy is taking excellent care of him :) :)

Glad he is home and thanks for the update and piccies. He is SUCH a cutie pie! :wub: :wub: :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest JohnnyBell
Have you had a chance yet to get some rest? And maybe a drink or two or three?

I finally got some rest last night since he was home and a few drinks are in order B) .

Guest paulamariez

Oh, Johnny, you precious boy! How much pain you must have been in, judging by that poor bruised tummy! I am soooo glad that you are home and doing better! You are such a beautiful brindle boy! I just love brindles and it looks like your mommy really enjoys spoiling her brindle baby boy! (I would too!) Please drink your water slowly, big guy! We don't need you getting dehydrated now! Maybe put a bunch of ice cubes in his water dish with a little water, so Johnny has to drink around the cubes, making him drink a little more slowly. Just a thought, because my boys tend to slurp up the water really fast when they're especially thirsty and then sort of heave it back up on the floor. Goof balls. Keep getting better and better every day Johnny! Sending Johnny lots of love and prayers for a quick and complete recuperation. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Johnny some healing doggie kisses too!

Guest VanillaBean
The first word in my mind wasn't "spoiled." LUCKY is the word I would use to describe this boy's life. He has an amazing mommy who loves him and it just doesn't get better than that!

I'm SO glad he's home!!

That is exactly what I was thinking! so glad that he is home and doing better!!

Guest DaffyToons

Oh, his poor sweet tummy! But he looks so happy to be home. Hospitals are no place for that sort of recovery.

I was grey sitting for a friend of mine, and on the 2nd day here, her grey started pooping a ball of yarn that she had ingested the day prior to coming to my home for a 10-day stay. Long story, but after I got her home (my house) after abdominal surgery, she did so much better. The ball of yarn was in her stomach, and it had worked its way all the way through the intestinal tract and out the back door. She is as good as new to this day. :yay

Prayers that Johnnie continues to a full recovery!! :hope

Guest vahoundlover
Have you had a chance yet to get some rest? And maybe a drink or two or three?

I finally got some rest last night since he was home and a few drinks are in order B) .

Glad you got some rest and yes, I bet a few drinks are in order!

Keeping your precious boy in my prayers.

Guest Vinnie

So glad to see his smiling face. Poor tummy - ouch. Sending scritches and lots more get well soon prayers. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Guest JohnnyBell

Thanx again everyone. It's people like all of you that make coping so much easier. You all are AWSOME!!!!!! I wish I could give each of you a GREYT big hug, but I guess this will have to do :bighug .

Johnny is doing so well. He is now keeping small amounts of water down. He looks like he's going to be just fine. I think it's me that's going to be parinoid for awhile. Gosh, I hope this never happens again to mine or anyone elses babies. Poor guy has lost so much weight, so I'll slowly work on getting some weight back on him again.

Guest longdogs

It looks like the poor fellow had a tough time. He looks quite cheerful now though. I'm glad this is having a happy ending.

Guest SusanP

I'm so glad he's on the mend. He'll enjoy all the spoiling I know you'll be giving him while he recovers, and he deserves every bit of it!