Please Send Prayers For Johnny, It's Bloat Update W/pictures

Guest JohnnyBell

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Checking in on Johnny and sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest JohnnyBell

Spoke to the vet today Johnny is going through boughts of anxiety attacks which is raising his temperature, so they have to keep him totally sedated. He has myoglobin(sp?) in his urine which is keeping his muscles from contracting. Anyone have any experiance with this??

If his incision is healing and no sign of infection, might want to have a serious discussion with the vet about releasing him to come home. Some dogs do not do well in hospital, and that can sure complicate healing. (My Zema doesn't do well if she has to wait around at the vet's -- can pretty much guarantee a 2-3 degree rise in temp while she's there.)

Sending lots of hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest JohnnyBell
If his incision is healing and no sign of infection, might want to have a serious discussion with the vet about releasing him to come home. Some dogs do not do well in hospital, and that can sure complicate healing. (My Zema doesn't do well if she has to wait around at the vet's -- can pretty much guarantee a 2-3 degree rise in temp while she's there.)

Sending lots of hugs.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping to bring him home tomorrow. I think he may do better home, in his own bed and enviroment with us. They said with the myoglobin in his urine he needed constsant fluids to make sure he doesn't get kidney damage.

Wow, such a hard call. Missile had his teeth done and he was crying and whimpering so much when he came out of sedation that the vet techs said they would appreciate if I would come as soon as possible as he was making a rukus. He did much better at home, even though he was a bit of a drunken sailor. Wish you could be by his side as soon as possible.

Missile.jpg

BABY, HE WAS BORN TO RUN!

They said with the myoglobin in his urine he needed constsant fluids to make sure he doesn't get kidney damage.

Is the myoglobulinuria from overheating? That would be a catch 22 I guess. If he is there & stressing that could add to the high temps which contribute myoglubulinuria which in turn means he's there longer. Could you handle an IV at home? If not, could they give him a bolus of sub-q fluids & send him home at least overnight with you taking him to a vet during the day for IVs?

Just remembering how we handled my boy. He was at e-vet overnight first night, then to regular vet for IVs during the day & at home at night for a few days. E-vet had initially said bring him back but regular vet felt going home for the night was best idea. His IV catheter remained in overnight. Might not be a possibility for Johnny. The complications & severity of GDV can vary so much that after care can be quite different for each dog.

Johnny, please chill out & come home soon.

Edited by kudzu

just seeing this now! :( :( :( Nube also went into bloat and had to have surgery.

I am sending many, many prayers Johnny can come home today and he'll do much better there! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hugs to you and prayers for Johnny.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb