Proud Mary- The Final Chapter: Post 59

macoduck

proudmary.jpg

Jim and Barbara, I am so sorry about Mary.

I know your hearts are breaking now and we here on Greytalk are mourning too.

I want to thank Mary for a gift she gave me. During some of the worst weeks I've ever had at work, when I was crushed and pushed beyond physical and mental demands, Mary got me focused on something more important and she gave me the strength to end my pity party. She gave me the strength to talk to complete strangers about her search and I was surprised at how responsive they were.

Mary gave Janet a gift as well. The physical and mental demands of the search acted as therapy to deal with a personal heartache - a story she will eventually post on GT.

You gave Mary the gift of love, the gift of a home - something many greyhounds never find.

Your love for Mary called you back from hundreds of miles away to try and find her. Deep in your heart you had to find something tangible to justify being compelled to search.

God bless the family who witnessed what happened, who did what needed to be done rather than drive away, who saw a flier and made a call.

And Mary gave you a final gift in return. A gift of farewell, a final act of love from her dad, to see where she so swiftly left this earth.

I want to believe that when you stopped at the place Mary died that her spirit was waiting for you there, to say goodbye to you, to say "I will always love you mom and dad and I carry a piece of your hearts with me on my way to cross the Rainbow Bridge".

Thank you Jim and Barbara, for sharing your love of Mary with all of us here. May you find your way back here again one day and know you are among friends.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest argolola

Tears are flowing here. I'm so sorry. In fact, there are no words to properly express that.

God bless Mary's family and all who helped. Ducky, big hugs to you.

Guest dmona

Jim & Barbara, I am so saddened to read about Mary. This has been the first post I have looked for every day. My eyes are truly sweating. May God comfort you as you grieve for your baby.

Dianne

OMG. I looked everyday first thing and this morning was no different.

I am so sorry, I have no words.

:(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest AaronsMom

It is through heavy tears that I add my deepest condolences.... the Proud Mary amber alert thread was at the top of my list to check every day. Thanks to all for their hard work.

Guest Merrygohounds

I am so sorry about Mary. She was greatly loved. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and all the people who looked for her.

Debbie

I am so Very Sorry. Know that you did all you possibly could for Mary. You know she loved you both very much. Jim and Barbara you were the Best Parents and I only wish it had ended different for you both. :bighug:bighug:bighug

:gh_run2 Run Free Mary.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:f_pink:angelwings:gh_run2:brokenheart

You're running with the stars now, Mary. So many angels who have passed before you were there to welcome you, so you will be in great company.

Barb and Jim, you were wonderful parents, and you did everything and anything in your power to find your baby girl. I'm so sorry that your dedication to Mary did not lead to a happy ending.

I hope you find peace, and that another greyhound will, one day, be lucky enough to have the two of you as its loving mum and dad.

We will all continue to carry Mary in our hearts....

Jordan

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest BooandCalisMom

We were watching from afar and wanted to offer our deepest sympathies for the loss of Mary. I can not imagine what you have been through and we pray that your hearts begin to heal, though we are sure that Mary left a mark on both of you.

Thoughts and prayers from Maryland,

Megan and Scott

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry. My condolences to all who loved and searched for Mary.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound