Proud Mary- The Final Chapter: Post 59

macoduck

Guest islandjim

post-17161-1211933154_thumb.jpg

Barbara & Jim want to thank everyone on this forum for their kind expressions of sympathy. What a wonderful community to be associated with.

We also want to thank the following:

* The kind people of Lumberton, North Carolina for their warmth and understanding

* The lady at the local copy shop that ran color copies of flyers at no charge

We have deep appreciation for the following:

* Ducky for her encouraging calls and for helping get the flyer program started

* Kay for bringing wonderful, sweet Mary into our life

* Denise & Carlton for being so kind and considerate, even though they had to deliver the tragic news of Mary's death

* And finally for Janet, who, even while trying to deal with her own grief, was there with me at the end.

Thank you all so very, very much.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Naty

Barbara and Jim, please accept our deepest condolences. Proud Mary brought out the best in people.

Run Free, sweet girl...

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

I am so very sorry that Mary didn't make it home. She was a beautiful girl. My condolences to her family and

all the wonderful people who tried to help her. Godspeed, sweetheart.

:f_pink:f_pink:gh_run2f_yellowf_yellow

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for your loss and hardships. Proud Mary keep on rolling!!

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

We grieve with you on the loss of you precious girl :brokenheart

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

:candle Godspeed sweet Mary.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I previously posted about Proud Mary when she was lost in Lumberton, having escaped a motel room when her owners were travelling to Florida.

You can read the details there regarding her search and its ending.

And now the final chapter in the story of Proud Mary:

Shelly from the Robeson County Humane Society gave the owners of Mary one final gift.

She demanded the city of Lumberton retrieve Mary's body from the landfill.

She accompanied the employee who dumped the body and she was there when Mary's body was recovered - over 2 weeks after being dumped.

The collar and tags had mysteriously disappeared. I have my opinion on who removed the tags to cover his tracks - but that's just speculation.

Had it not been for the accident witnesses who called me 2 weeks after the accident but who had just seen the first flyer, the owners would never have known what happened.

Shelly took Mary's body to be cremated and her ashes will be shipped to the owners in Florida.

If you care to send a thank you note to Shelly for her act of kindness towards a greyhound lost far from home:

Shelly Carey

Robeson County Humane Society

3180 W. 5th Street

Lumberton NC 28358

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you Ducky for going above and beyound for Mary and her family. I'm so glad they will have her home with them in the end.

Despite the way the general public views ACO's and animal shelters, they are by and large very decent, underpaid folks who love animals.

I will certainly send a thank you to Shelly for her most generous act of kindness to a dog and a family she didn't even know.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest vahoundlover

I am glad to hear Proud Mary will be home, where she belongs. :cry1

Bless Shelly for this final act of kindness. :bighug

I am glad that Mary's body is finally resting where her spirit is; at home. I hope her family can now find some peace and comfort.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon