Marx Is In Pain

Marx began whimpering yesterday (very unusual for him) and didn't want to jump off our bed, I knew immediately something was wrong. DH had to lift him off the bed and carry him downstairs. He did manage to go outside to potty but it was difficult for him. I checked him over and didn't feel anything obvious. I figured it was either his right shoulder or his neck.

Thankfully I was able to get into the vets this morning and after an exam we determined it his neck. So my sweet boy was given Rimadyl and Robaxin. Limit exercise and we are now going to use a harness all the time.

My personal opinion is that his neck hurts because of all the lounging around he does on our bed, I swear all that boy needs is a port-a-potty and a feeding station put next to our bed and he'd never leave it! :lol

I would appreciate prayers and good thoughts for my handsome boy to feel better soon.

Thanks!

Praying for all the missing greys!

Hi Karen,

Sending good thoughts Marx's way. FYI, Neyla did something funny to her neck once. She couldn't even lower her head to the floor to pick up treats. She got a cortisone shot and some pain meds and was back to her usual self in only a couple of days. Hoping that's all this is and Marx is feeling better in no time.

Jen

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Hi Karen,

Sending good thoughts Marx's way. FYI, Neyla did something funny to her neck once. She couldn't even lower her head to the floor to pick up treats. She got a cortisone shot and some pain meds and was back to her usual self in only a couple of days. Hoping that's all this is and Marx is feeling better in no time.

Jen

Thanks Jen! I'm overly worried since GIG is next weekend, I certainly will use caution while at the event.

:weep My sweet nephew-dog is hurting!! Give him lots of scritches from me please! Hope the pain meds & rest work fine!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Get better soon Marx!

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending many good thoughts to the sweet and beautiful Marx! :hope :hope :hope

Renie hurt her neck a couple of times. We mostly use a harness now, too. She actually loves it! Hers has a three inch wide faux sheepskin strap that goes under her chest and we think she believes it's 'stroking' her as she walks. She is such a Princess! :lol

I hope Marx feels better soon! :wub:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Sending my prayers. Feel better soon sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Feel better quick Marx. Paisley is looking forward to meeting you next weekend at GIG so you have to get well so you can be there. :colgate

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Aw, Karen, that's exactly what happened to Buddy! He didn't want to bear weight on his front leg, and the vet narrowed it down (pun intended!) to a narrowing between two vertebrae in his neck. Same prescription: Rimadyl and HARNESS ONLY!

Bud says to tell Marx the Rimadyl will work its magic, and he'll look just as handsome in his harness as Buddy looks in his! I highly recommend the Wiggles Wags and Whiskers harness, which goes on from the TOP. No pesky lifting of the feet to get into it! :)

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest gapeach1

Sending white light that Marx starts feeling better very soon!!! Maybe that special pillow isn't a bad idea? Did the vet say if using moist warm towels and applying it to the area several times a day would help? Just wondering if it would help make him more comfortable and provide some relief.

GAPeach1

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping Marx in my thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed that he feels better soon. :goodluck

My personal opinion is that his neck hurts because of all the lounging around he does on our bed, I swear all that boy needs is a port-a-potty and a feeding station put next to our bed and he'd never leave it! :lol

:rofl :rofl Sorry, I couldn't help laughing out loud when I read this! It's every greyhound's dream, no doubt...!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Aw, Karen, that's exactly what happened to Buddy! He didn't want to bear weight on his front leg, and the vet narrowed it down (pun intended!) to a narrowing between two vertebrae in his neck. Same prescription: Rimadyl and HARNESS ONLY!

Bud says to tell Marx the Rimadyl will work its magic, and he'll look just as handsome in his harness as Buddy looks in his! I highly recommend the Wiggles Wags and Whiskers harness, which goes on from the TOP. No pesky lifting of the feet to get into it! :)

Thanks Melissa! We have the Wiggles Wags and Whiskers no pull harness, just love it, and will now use it all the time, it should be interesting getting DH used to using it though :blush

Thanks so much everyone!

I managed to get Marx to settle down after getting back from the vet this morning. Poor thing wanted to go upstairs to our bed so badly......of course I gave in and carried him up stairs :eek 70lbs of shedding dog is just so much fun to carry around :eek:lol:eek:lol I think I'll be tasting fur for a week!

The sweet boy slept for 5 hours. I did position the pillows so his neck was supported and of course he thought his poo didn't stink. Talk about spoiled.........man do theses pups have us all trained!

Guest paulamariez

Keeping your precious Marx in my thoughts and prayers for a quick and complete recovery! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Marx some healing doggie kisses too!

Feel better soon, Marx! :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown