Daphne Is Gone

Guest greyhound515

Prayers for you to find peace and Daphne to run-pain free like a pup again. God speed, Daphne.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Dear Daphne,

A friend of Mom's greyhound grand-dog has crossed over this morning. He is a big beautifu brindle boy, so please be on the lookout for him. He is very sweet, just as you are/were and he was loved a lot by his people. Please help him make friends up there and help him feel at home with you hounds. I know it will help his people down here feel so much better. Moosie and the kitties are fine and enjoying their treats and new toys. I still miss you and love you very much. I hope you are not missing me too much. I have not been too sick lately so I am glad about that. Hugs and kisses and lots of juicy bones to you,

Mom and Diva and the kitties

I feel sure your darling girl is looking out for both her friends and yours.

Godspeed to your friend's pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 1 month later...
Guest greyhound515

Dear Daphne,

I could not understand why I woke up feeling sad today, then I remembered the date. Has it really been three years? I still miss you terribly, in spite of being very busy with school and my new pets-I so wish you had gotten to meet them. I know they would all have loved you-everyone who ever met you adored you, Daph. You were the sweetest and most lovable girl ever and I will never forget your love and support while I was so sick. You gave me a reason to get up every day and spending days with you were among the happiest of my life. I love Diva and Sheena and Chrissie and little MewZette, but you were my heart, Daphne Mae. Losing you was losing a vital part of myself-that's the best way I can explain it.

Just wanted to let you know how very loved you were (and still are-there is a wall dedicated to you in the living room where I can sit and stare at your lovely stripey self in pictures). You are a bright star in the heavens now and I know you look down on us here and laugh.

Until we meet again, love and kissess,

Mom, Diva and the kitties

Oh I'm so sorry. :weep Don't worry about making sense out of anything right now. As C. S.Lewis said "You can't see anything properly while your eyes are blurred with tears."

"I keep waiting for her to come out of hiding and see me...I know I must be nuts. Her presence is so keen in my home, but she is gone." You notice her because she is there. Only her body is gone. Her body died but the Daphne you loved was spirit and will be with you always. Your spirit/your heart knows this, thats why you pick up on her presence so keenly. She will be with you always. Love that strong never dies. The heart KNOWS what the mind can't understand. :grouphug

:f_red:f_pink:f_red

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the pain you are going through missing your beloved girl. You are not nuts or crazy...you just feel the deep connection to your greyhound. The love of a greyhound is the best. I lost Harley on Jan 31st, and I'm still talking to him. I'm lost without him right now. Please know you are not alone, and our hounds are watching over us.

• 4 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Hi sweet girl,

I was thinking about you a lot this week as Aunt Susan and Uncle Kevin lost Greta and Comet this month. You stayed with them while we got started on moving to FL five years ago. I still miss you so much but my heart is warmed by your memory. You were so loved and worshipped down here! I know you are doing a greyt job up there, but I cannot help missing you and still adore you, Daphers.We are all doing well and Mom is getting ready to finish school in a few weeks. After I pass this test I will go back and finish it all off (PhD, that means even more work and reading and writing). It doesn't get easier, but I feel more happy when I remember all the fun we had. MewZette got shots today and she was not very happy with Mom! You were always such a trooper in all things. I'm so sorry about that last teeth-cleaning. I remember how rough it was for you.

Smooches from us, Mom, Diva the Moose and the purrbuckets, Sheena Chrissie and MewZy

• 7 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Dear Daphne,

I am sitting here crying for your loss again. While i have four other critters who need me, I still love and miss you. I can't believe you have been gone for almost four years. I was remembering your funny ways ans some of the things you used to do that made me laugh and love you even more...all the car rides, Petco runs, and vacations. Remember when Niles almost caught that huge buck when we went to Grand Marais? And how you both loved playing with Copper, the desk clerk's Bassett Hound? How sweet and funny you were! I miss how you could make me laugh until my belly hurt. I have been sick a lot, but did manage to finish school. Now I guess I will go back for my PhD-you gave me one in love. I was so clueless before you came to live with me. Daph, I miss you every day and you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Give Grandma Jean and Grandpas Sam and Harry kisses. I sned you all our love from here,

• 9 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Thanksgiving is over and Mom was going through some old pictures of you and Niles and Lucia (who I am quite sure is by your side at the Bridge as she was in life). You sure used to love all that turkey and gravy and sweet 'taters! Diva chewed up two pictures of you and I got kind of angry with her and gave her a "time out."She is alseep on the couch and has started hanging out on the red leather chair-Sheena won't be pleased as she thinks that's her spot. MewZette has started waking Diva up in the morning by kissing her on the nose. My bed is getting so crowded I should be thankful those two let ME sleep there! I'm crying a little, but it isn't a sad cry, more of a grateful "I miss you" cry. Mom has been sick a lot lately, so keep some space open for me up there. I am going for more tests next week and I'm scared. More worried about Diva (we mostly call her Moosie or the Moose) and the cats and who would take them in if I get too sick to stay at home. You are still very much missed here and I think of you often and remember all of the fun we used to have.

Smooches and big juicy beef bones, Mom, Diva the Moose and the cats (MewZy and Sheena, Chrissie is gone-she peed on me one too many times and I just could not hang with that)

I'm so sorry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 2 months later...
Guest greyhound515

HI Puddin'

It has been almost five years since we let you go. You are still missed and when I go through old pictures I laugh now more than I cry (I cry less but still feel you loss). School is done and I dropped the PhD thing-I don't feel like I want to get any more book smarts! I have been sick a lot and most days I can't do very much, outside of feeding, walking and cleaning up after Moosie and the cats. We are moving to a smaller place and one with less outside (GRASS) for me to "manage," not that I did such a great job here! Uncle Greg visits Moosie ,me and the cats and they all like him a lot (he has feed the moose steak, so he is not above bribes). I know that you will be looking out for our neighbor's Boxer. His name is Winston and he can't hear. He has been sick a lot and his humans will be helping him cross soon. I know you will remember him when you see him.

Stay sweet. wE LOVE AND miss you,