Daphne Is Gone

Guest greyhound515

I am so sorry, run free sweet girl...

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest greyhound515

Hi Lil' Bit,

Mommy had the people with the older brindle Greygirl in the store the other day and it made me think about you. She's a little older than you were when you went to the Bridge. I hugged and smooched on her and I think her people know I am just Greyhound-obsessed (or they think I am just plain goofy!). Diva is napping on the big bed and she is hiding among the pillows...still shy and retiring-unless there's FOOD involved. We got a little black kitty and her name is Sheena. Her and Diva get along greyt and they just adore chilling out and napping together. They will never replace your sweet stripey self, but they make your loss hurt a little less. I still miss you every day and think about you often. Stay close to Grandma and Grandpa. I know Grandma will keep you company and love you till Mommy arrives.

Hugs from Mom, Diva the moose and Sheena the kitty

• 4 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Dear Puddin,

Mommy thought of you yesterday at work when a lady walked a big IGGY through the store. He was brindle and had a white muzzle just like yours and I almost cried as I petted him. Its been almost two years and I still think of you often and know you are spreading your sweetness up there among people who need you. I miss you terribly and my heart still breaks. We got another kitty and she is a calico runt named Chrissie-mom's way of getting even with the lady who decided we were adopting her! Sheena hated her at first but the moose started licking and grooming her and this feisty kitty just laid there and sucked it up with a sassy look on her little face. Chrissie Tickle Belly is our brat and she and Sheena also are buds now-everyone babies her and she is still tiny. These girls and school and work keep mommy busy but never too busy to miss your sweet self. Keep the friends we loved company, human and other. You were always so good at that.

Love mommy and the girls

:f_red

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

• 5 weeks later...
Guest greyhound515

Hi Baby Girl,

I can't believe it's been two years already. Your loss still hurts, but not as much. The kitties and Diva keep Mom busy, as does school. I think of you so often and all your sweet ways. Diva is becoming a greyt girl, still easily spooked by anything and everything. She loves to roo and wake everyone up in the morning-early-not a sleep late girl like you were! We do a lot of napping now. I love to imagine you sitting with my mom and dad and Harry being loved on up there. You were always such a love-bug and fun to snuggle up to. I remember when I got sick and you used to lick my hands when I hurt and cried. Just having you there was so healing and wonderful. You gave me a reason to get up when I felt so awful. And the good days when we walked in the park and you chased squirrels and bunnies. I sit here typing and crying and I know you would not want me to bawl. You were so loved, Daph. I feel your loss so intensely and miss you every day. You taught me what love is and I will always adore you. So until we can run together again, remember you are still loved and missed. I know you are living as a Greyhound angel, cheering up everyone with your lovable antics and sweet ways. I hug you in my heart a million times a day.

Love Mom

• 2 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Dear Daphne,

I know it must seem crazy that I write to you every now and again! I miss you so much, Puddin' Tush! Diva now has a third kitty! Her name is MewZette and I swear I was going to give her fuzzy calico butt to a kitty rescue group. I swear I had no intention of keeping her, but once I started bottle-feeding her it was "game over." Sheena and Chrissie hated her and hissed at the sight of her, but she was about 6 ounces and sickly and her mommy cat abandoned her so when Doggie (Maria R's pooch) found her and Maria brought her over I said we'd take care of her. We believed another Greyhound would be the next addition. Once Mom gets done with school (next March or May) I promise we're getting a boy Grey who will be more outgoing than the moose!

It takes four other pets to soak up all the love Mom has to give. Someday we'll be together again and I can fall asleep with you at my side, just like the old days. You were the best hound ever and you were loved like I have never loved anyone or anything else in my life. Big hugs and smooches to you.

All my love,

Mommy

• 3 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Hi Booger, Its Mom again. Just thinking about you today and still miss you terribly. I have been sick and may hav esome dumb blood infection. Trying to find people who can take the cats if anything happens to me. Diva would go back to GAP, but I would still worry sick about her, as she is kinda spoiled rotten-not that you would know anything about THAT...I will hug everyone here on your behalf. Remember that Mommy loves and misses you so much. I know you must be an angel there because you were one here.

Smooches and bones,

Mom

• 1 month later...
Guest greyhound515

Hi Puddin' Tush,

Mom again. We got a fourth kitty, but she went to Uncle Joey when he moved into his house. MewZette kind of misses her and Sheena and Chrissie were even starting to like her. I called her Dolci because she was so sweet. Mom has been getting sick a lot and this little purrbucket lay be my side like you used to do. Every time I cried she even licked my hands like you used to! I was pretty miserable but it looks like I am okay again. I don't like getting sick and Mom is busy finishing up school and working to get my clinical hours for my licence. Still miss the heck out of you, Daphers! I wish you could be with us and enjoy the rest of my zany crew. Those kitties would make you nuts-sometimes I can't believe I've joined the dark side, but the bigger ones, Chrissie & Sheena are very cool. MewZy is a pain in Mom's butt but she IS very cute. I need to finish my research project.

Hugs and smoochies,

Love Mom

A sweet girl always listens, doesn't she? :wub:

Hugs to you this afternoon, Daphne's mom.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I keep waiting for her to come out of hiding and see me...I know I must be nuts. Her presence is so keen in my home, but she is gone.

I'm so sorry.:grouphug She taught you well about love for sure-such depth of love to help her cross over with dignity and be relieved of such awful pain. May I suggust you be open minded about what the powerful love you two shared can accomplish. There are peeps whose hounds have found ways to help them even from the other side. From what Slim taught me IMO her presence is so keen because she is still there in spirit. Her body died, but the real Daphne, the Daphne you loved is spirit, and will be with you always. Love is energy like everything else and can't be destroyed. Love as strong as you two share is forever. Sometimes they do actually even send you a sign so you can know they are alright. If she does you will recognize it because you'll recognize her energy. You're not "crazy"- you're just experiencing the depths of a greyhounds love. God bless Daphne and all of her family. My deepest sympathy.

:f_red:gh_lay:f_pink