Daphne Is Gone

Guest greyhound515

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyhound515

Ok, five long months are past so why am I still crying? My tears continue to fall, although I have another hound who loves me and who I love. I never would have believed I could cry so much for this little brindle-butt. Does the pain and loss ever stop hurting? A lady named Robin K always talked about her heart dogs and I guess Daphne was mine. Mommy misses you so much Daph

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sending prayers for strength and comfort :grouphug

How can our hearts ever be whole again when they leave? I think the depth of your grief is a testament to how much Daphne was loved and loved in return :grouphug

I'm so so sorry. How kind and loving you were to do the right thing and not let it go on too long. I hope I can be that brave.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

• 3 months later...
Guest greyhound515

SO much love here! I come and remember and cry. Its been almost nine months. Diva the moose has come so far--still loves to hide under my bed and then gets stuck, so she cries till I wake up and set her free. Not-quite-housebroken and that's ok too. We've been through the dominance issues and now she is only slightly treat-aggressive. Neither of us is very fond of small children and she adores a good cuddle and hiding under the covers. Daph must be up at the Bridge smiling on us. I still miss her terribly, but there will always be room for a Greyhound in my house. Oh My Dawg, I LOVE THEM NEEDLE NOSE BEGGARS!

• 3 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Dear sweet Daphne,

Mommy thought of you all day yesterday. Has it been a year already? You are missed so very much and will always live in my heart. You were the best friend and sweetest, dearest companion I ever dreamed of. You taught me everything i ever forgot about love. The new hound here says "Thank Roo" for training me so well. Her name is Diva and although she is very different from you she is loved almost as much as you were. She's much bigger and sillier than you were and she is not a dainty delicate girl, she's a moose. We enjoy each other's company but nobody could ever replace you-you were my heart dog! I long for the day when we will all be together at the Bridge and I can stroke your fur and feel your heart beating next to mine.

All my love,

Mommy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest greyhound515

Darling Girl,

I know it isn't any special day like your gotcha day or Birthday, but Mommy was here and wanted to send you some love and smooches. Still miss you more than i even imagined possible. Diva's gotcha day is Saturday and we will continue the tradition of steak and 'taters for dinner. She loves steak almost as much as YOU did! She isn't nuts about salad like ou were but she enjoys broccoli and carrots and adores bleu cheese dressing-I remember you liked Balsamic vinaigrette. Such a little gourmet! You are still loved and thought of often.

Hugs Mommy and Diva the moose, your Grey-sis

A beautiful and moving tribute. And soooo much love between you two. How brave to be able to honor her as you did. My deepest sympathies- I weep with you :weep and I also rejoice at her beautiful spirit which will always be with you. :f_red

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Hang in there. It will take a little time for the awful final days memories to fade and allow the wonderful memories over the years to return, but they'll come. Give yourself time. I hope you find some peace that your baby is now pain-free. Big hugs!

• 4 months later...
Guest greyhound515

Dear Daphne,

Thinking of your sweet stripey self and crying a little bit. You are still missed and loved and remembered every day. Your grey-sis finally discovered the couch last week, but doesn't seem interested in spending all her time there with Mommy like you did.SHe is slowly becoming a beloved pet and has had some trouble adjusting to home life, not at all like you, but loved anyway. She is getting used to friends coming over and doesn't hide any more. Diva even lets the little visitors pet her and is starting to enjoy being petted and loved on. A fwe weeks ago a couple came into the store with a beautiful older brindle doggie and her sweet white muzzle made me want to smooch her like I used to smooch on you all the time. I loved you more with every white hair on your dear little face.

Hugs fromMom and the moose, Diva