2007 Roll Call

Guest PhillyPups

Snickers to osteo 1/04/02 - 8/03/07

Snickers left us far too soon. She was so full of infectious energy, enthusiasm and love. We called her our brindle monkey girl because she was such a big girl with a white-tipped tail that curled around like a monkey tail. I miss everything about you, Snicks.

Looking cute for a treat with sister Cricket.

DSC_0690.jpg

Checking out a Secret Bunny box with Cricket.

GirlsSecretBunny025.jpg

Celebrating a birthday.

DSC00031.jpg

Being an elf at Christmas.

DSC_0066_edited.jpg

This thread is heartbreaking. I feel so for everyone who has suffered the loss of their pet(s).

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hushpuppi

Penny Pup 24/11/01 - 11/11/07

2074553115_5b34c8644b_m.jpg

she was my heart dog my shadow that special dog that always knew when you needed her ..... can't get over the empty spot you left in my soul sweet one taken too soon too suddenly penny pup you were my best friend you made me laugh,smile & now cry RIP you always made me proud girl

2074589205_e34f881df6_m.jpg

Guest adriahna

Please add my beautiful Desiree - she passed on December 29th. She was my first greyhound companion, and the inspiration behind the Greyhound Benefit Store. I will always consider her a soul sister and firebrand of a personality. She will be deeply, deeply missed.

Wigwam Angela, aka Angie/Angie-baby/Angie-girl/My Angie-girl, running forever in my heart. Oct 16, 1992 - Aug 29, 2007. Taken ill on 8/27, as I was heading out of town on a business trip. Sent to the bridge while I was still out of town, attended by my awesome vet and Angie's foster-mom/dog-sitter, two women who loved her like I did. She was my first greyhound, and the reason that I'll always have them in my life and my heart.

Funny, that... I adopted a senior because I was afraid of a lifetime commitment. And now I'm committed to greys. Thanks, little girl. I love you.

21220874.jpg17594457.jpg75988545.jpg

And remembering other friends I've lost this year...they weren't mine, but I knew them, and loved them.

Profile, the Handsome Man

72140509.jpg42206620.jpg

Frannie the cat

72113802.jpg

Krimpet the whippet

16049615.jpg

Baisey the shy girl

16049596.jpg

Porsche, the sweet gentle soul (shown with his "sister" Candy). He went to the bridge yesterday - Osteo.

87887127.jpg75610667.jpg

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest JohnnyBell

My beautiful sweet Princess Sophie.I miss you so much,sweetheart.I still keep your CoG healing blanket,the blanket you took your last breath on, folded under my pillow.That terrible cancer took you away from us.Til we meet again Princess......

Sophie 4/2/2001-12/10/2007

100_6323.jpg

100_6361.jpg

100_6679.jpg

Guest VanillaBean

Who could forget sweet Sarah?

Sarah's beloved mom passed away in March of this year and her care was left to someone else. On August 15th, 2007, She was found wandering in an intersection in Toledo. A good Samaritan took her to they Sylvania Veterinary Hospital where she was diagnosed as emaciated with a severe case of hookworm. Sarah weighed 48 lbs. North Coast Greyhound Connection will not turn our backs on greyhounds in need, and she lived out her life in the care of two foster families who loved her dearly. She crossed the rainbow bridge at 10:30pm on 9/24/07 to the loving arms of her human mom, who had been waiting for her. She will be missed.

94376066_o.jpg

Guest greygirl25

Bean Picker aka Mr. Picker

August 3, 1993 - May 6, 2005

He joined the garden hounds at 10.5. He was weak in the hind end then but he was able to rally for two years playing on the acre. We promised him yhat when he was no longer able to get up and move that we would let him go with dignity.

picture_020.jpg

DJ's Outandabout aka Barbie

April 16, 1996–October 13, 2007

She was left at the Humane Society for euthanisia. They called us and said she really was a sweet girl, could we take her? At 10 years old she blended with our family like she always belonged. She was a garden hound for a very short 14 months before cancer took her away.

barbieheart.jpg

PDQ Fall Breeze (Breezy), a handsome black gentleman that I used to dog-sit. All he ever wanted in life was to be loved on, and he got that in abundance with his second forever home (we won't talk about his first home).

64253845.jpg

16049603.jpg

RIP, old man. I'll miss your gentle touch.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Since I haven't seen 2greygirls around (Sonya, who has been having internet issues for a while), I'll take the liberty of adding her Marble to the roll call. She passed away November 9, 2007 and I'm sure there is still a huge hole in Sonya's and greyhound sister's Leda's hearts. RIP girl.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Our sweet boy Clay died in October after battling IBD and Protein Losing Enteropathy. His whole family misses him but remembers all of the funny Clayboy stories.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest MomofCash

I am so very thankful that my 2 girls have basically been healthy this year, and my prayers and thoughts go to all of you have lost your precious babies ...

2 of my friends lost their girls this year ...

Maggie lost Cinni just recently ...

Cinnamon2.JPG

And Carol lost her girl Abby ...

Abby.jpg

abby_resized.jpg

Run free sweet girls ... you are indeed missed ...

Edited by MomofCash

I was going to post last night around 7 p.m. but knew there was still 5 hours left in the year.....

It's been rough for so many of my cyber friends this year. I have cried a lot with you and for you.

I had one of those rare years that I didn't send someone off.

All the bridge kids had a great party last night :) They are waiting for us and we will see them again!

:grouphug to all.....

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I should have added my Winnie while it was still 2007. Our first Christmas without her found me missing her greatly, but feeling her presence everywhere.

Queen Winnifred Grace III, OBH (Order of the Brave Heart, on the GRTB message board), 11-23-95---10-2-07. She was proud, stubborn, quirky, independent, brave, and devoted to me, her Dad, and her Angel brother, Nick. Winnie was the inspiration for so many who's Greys were fighting the monster osteo. That she survived (and truly lived) for 3 1/2 years after her diagnosis, and amputation, was something of a record, I think. And I think that's the way she wanted it---Winnie was never one to do anything halfway! She taught me a lot during those years---about courage, patience, joyfulness, and just plain doing what you have to do. She left us with the dignity that was so important to her, and on her own terms. The old kidneys failed, but she beat the monster!

Win, I know you're still a Queen, ruling in the Kingdom at the Bridge, with your family and friends around you. Watch out for us down here when you can, okay?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Today is the first day of the New Year and I still have all four of my hounds with me. All but one are seniors. Right now they appear to be in pretty good health, but that can change in an instant as we have seen over and over again. I am sorry for everyone's 2007 losses. To a healthy New Year for all.

Guest darlene

Gee, this was a tough thread to get through. :weep I'm so very sorry to everyone who lost someone special this past year. :grouphug It makes me want to hug my pups tighter than ever. So heartbreaking, so many gorgeous pups gone too soon. :weep

Guest VelvetEars

Princess Porsche, Queen of the Couch and Heart of the House.

Porsche_new-collar1.jpg

Not a day goes by that I don't miss you fiercely, my sweet P.....Pretty Girl....P-pot....

2430Porsche_Roses.JPG

Guest PetersMom

Our precious Peter was taken from us suddenly on 09/10/07. It was a horrible loss - he was our heart dog and our very first greyound. We miss him so much everyday and just wish we had more time with him.

Resting...

100_1025.jpg

Smiling...

DSCN0225.jpg

Loving...

100_0076.jpg

Missing...

000_0004.jpg

:grouphug to everyone who has felt heartache and loss, last year and any year...

Sadly, I have 2 more special hounds to add the the 2007 Roll Call:

Dear, sweet Denzel. You cheated death earlier this year after getting hit by a car not once, but twice. No one expected you to make it, but you pulled through and soon were running about as if nothing had ever happened---only to die peacefully in your sleep in November. You left a huge hole in you mum's heart---she misses you so much and we have shed many tears together over your sudden departure from her life.

Ashen Lady, brood mama to my very own Hailey Jane. While Hailey missed out on the racing genes, she has your sassy, bossy attitude and zest for life. You have left a giant void in your "pack", and are very much missed by all who knew you. No doubt your good friend Denzel was there to greet you at the bridge.

:cry1

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest HHDesigns

Okay, cheating a little as we lost him 12/27/06, but PA's Threat, "Mr. Threat" 07/11/99-12/27/06 -- lost way too young to osteosarcoma. We miss you sweet silly boy.

THREATHOTTUB2.jpg

ThreatCream.jpg

060225115942.jpg

Guest greytmomof4

Zeke "Couzin Manzell" Jan. 1995 to Aug 16, 2007

Our first and very special greyhound. He started the group and has created a legacy.

We miss him everyday.....

Guest Baloos_Mom

Losses from our house in 2007~~~

Lewis lewisface.jpg

creamkitteneating.jpg

Leo

april62007007.jpg

Buddy

march707046.jpg

Rascal

rascal.jpg

Newton

october2107001.jpg

And Hillary and Vinnie who's pictures I don't have on here. Sorry babies.

Guest dwolfe711

Just saw this thread and had to add our two babies -

Lizzy - Villa Liz - 14.5yo - 6/14/1992 - 1/18/2007 - broke her leg running in the yard - x-rays showed osteo - we adopted Lizzy when she was 12 - 2.5 years was not nearly enough time with her - she was so very sweet - we miss her so much -

CalendarLizzymisc004.jpgLizzy14thbday6.jpg

Duncan - Three B WR Fluff - 12yo - 4/18/1995 - 7/2/2007 - osteo - our silly omega boy - we adopted him as a return at 9 - he had a personality to beat all - and he was the best rooer - we miss him beyond belief -

duncan.jpgduncanshat003.jpgSpringDewey2007028.jpg

Donna and Dave