2007 Roll Call

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

2007 was a very rough year for me ~ way too many losses ~ I would like this thread to be a roll call for those that departed this life in 2007 please ~

Bob Varnberg ~ gone but never forgotten ~ now tending to our bridge babies till we meet again

Bobsotherwomen.jpg

Sport Varnberg ~ age 15, founding hound of GAF:

Sportcloseup.jpg

Babe ~ run with the angels little girl ~

Baby-1.jpg

Onyx Varnberg ~ lost to osteo

Sarah Ellen Tarditi ~ my niece lost the battle to leukemia ~ much too young

The Queen BarbieJade 5/1/94 - 12/5/207, retired racer, retired brood, forever friend ~ I miss her so much

Collars097.jpg

May you all be at peace in the memorial garden at Greyhaven, and know you all went on the wings of love

PathtoFreedom.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosebud (FTH Jitterbug) October 25, 2005 - November 12, 2007

Rosebud1.jpg

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Brandy, Smoo's Gale Wind. April 11, 1995-October 30, 2007. My heart has yet to heal.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you. St. Francis de Sales

Brandy102307.jpg

P1000220.jpg

These photos were taken on the morning of her last day. Her eyes said it all.

We miss you so much, our princess. The big boys still look for you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Machbragal
Princess Cinder--- January 16th

Her nosey

danose.jpg

danosec.jpg

Oh, goodness, Cinder. HOW I MISS YOU, SWEETIE! And EVERYONE of these dear, dear friends of ours.

Keno (Jet Action) February 2, 1994 to January 1, 2007

100_0006.jpg

100_0047.jpg

Kenosleepsmuddypaws212.jpg

I miss you every day.

:gh_run

RainbowSky.jpg

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Dylan- Hoss's Dillon- My Baby Boy

84d1ddc7.jpg

540ceb53.jpg

d1f63db8.jpg

Dancer-Dana's Hilda-The Queen of Hearts

Queen.jpg

19677654.jpg

7aa4f281.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest caiteag

PDQ Lee Hawkes - My Quinnie

He left for the bridge on a beautiful September morning with a tummy full of bacon and all his people around him. My heart is still broken, I miss you so much, old man.

quinnsun02.jpg

Cleo, my oldest friend, went to the bridge on July 26, 2007. After almost 18 years together, it's so hard living without her. She's gone, but never forgotten.

post-39-1198713732_thumb.jpg

post-39-1198713987_thumb.jpg

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Oliver (JJ Special Agent) left us in August, one month short of 13 years old.

DSC01123.jpg

blinkmotivator.jpg

sunshinemotivator.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if they leave us because they know another hound desparately needs a home.

Comet left us, Oliver came home. Oliver left us, Wally came home. None quite filling the void. Each one more unique in their quirky ways, perhaps to make us finally laugh and get over the pain of loss.

Selma (No U Turns Selma)

I searched for you for 2 weeks. I was with you for only 2 hours yet I loved you for a lifetime.

DSC02998.jpg

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07

I miss you so much you big silly dog.....

54378967_Bountyfall1.jpg

bountyroach.jpg

bp.jpg

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Our sweet boy, Cooney, on January 23, 2007, just three days short of his first Gotcha day with us.

We miss you so much, big guy!

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

We adopted Frazzle when he was 11.5 years old, and we had him a week before we realized he and Carrie were half-siblings through a not-too-prolific sire (maybe 200 pups total?). He had a very sad story - his former owner had been evicted from her apartment and he spent several very rough days in the pound before he was able to be sprung and his owner was convinced to give him up. I would not be surprised if the giving up of him contributed to her death a month or so later - he was obviously well-loved and very attached to her, as I'm sure she was to him. Unfortunately, she passed before she knew we had adopted him. We didn't know all this at the start - we were just looking for another goofy old man after Marcus' sudden death.

We had a great year in 2006 - we took Frazzle, Tyler (whom we lost to cancer later in 2006), Carrie, and Wren on a 33-day camping trip across the United States. It was a really wonderful trip and the puppers were just awesome. We also met people who knew Frazzle in his former life and learned more about his story - including how he peed on his former owner as she was driving him home from signing his adoption paperwork - the adoption people told his owner that he was marking her as his own!

2007 was a rough year for Frazzle as we had him undergo surgery for his laryngeal paralysis, then he developed aspiration pneumonia after the surgery. He felt so good after the surgery though, that he ended up injuring himself, and he wasn't the same again after that. His back end got weaker and weaker until he finally fell getting out of our camper and he wasn't able to stand at all without help. We sent him to the Bridge less than 24 hours later, helping him take care of his business that last day so that he would not "lose his dignity" and wet himself or his bed. I miss my goofy old man.

do_fraz_plays_5.jpg

Frazzle and my dad take a nap together:

fraz_and_grandpa_2.jpg

Frazzle and I on a beach on the Monterey Peninsula, California:

monterey_fraz_deanna_beach.jpg

Brian and Frazzle at Lake Tahoe:

tahoe_fraz_enjoys_scritches.jpg

frazzle_happy_roach.jpg

7/2/94 - 7/23/07

Edited by dmswartzfager

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Argus, our first greyhound and also the first hound we've lost. He was only 7. He started limping right around Halloween, and was gone before Thanksgiving. The osteo was in his lungs before he ever even showed any symptoms. He certainly was a character. Dang, I miss that little ham.

ArgusandChaCha-1.jpg

Ouroboros.jpg

ArgusinBandanna.jpg

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg