2007 Roll Call

Guest PhillyPups

Guest vahoundlover

I've come back to this thread several times :cry1 Looking at all these precious babies :beatheart , knowing they are healthy and running free :gh_run2 but so many broken hearts left behind.....may 2008 be a healthy peaceful year for all. :grouphug

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest momto3greys

Rooftop Chester

February 26, 2003 ~ August 23, 2007

Gone but not forgotten.

New Years Eve would have been your 2nd gotcha day. The day was not the same without you.

Just came across this thread and even though MaryPippin already posted my two losses...I felt like I needed to say something about them.

Profile, Mo Tivator, 5 June 1995 - 12 January 2007

Profile was my protector, my sweetheart, my silly boy. He was a therapy dog and a show-stopping performer. Some of you may have caught our accidental comedy routine at SP 2006? Two time foster, long time love, I miss him every day and would give anything to have him still here with me. Stoopid Cancer.

161196348_3008bdfc77.jpg

Franny, my precious little kitty girl, 21 March 1994 - 27 January 2007

I got Franny and her littermate Zooey (21 March 1994 -17 March 2006) when I moved to WV for my internship in 1994. Franny never really liked me as much as I liked her, mostly because I wasn't male...but she was still my precious silly kitty girl and I miss her yowling at me for breakfast in the mornings. Franny declined rapidly after her brother and protector, Zooey died, and I take comfort knowing that they are pouncing on each other and playing in the sunshine together at the bridge.

233360743_e1c38efe3e.jpg

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

I just saw this thread. Three losses here:

Ernie and Bert

Bertandernie.jpg

Ernieandbertsocute2.jpg

And, of course, my beloved Oscar, Answer to Chevy, born August 23, 2002, died August 13, 2007.

Whocanresist.jpg

Flyingthroughtheair.jpg

Thesearereallygoodmom.jpg

Youcallingme.jpg

notworkingisit.jpg

and of course:

lookatmybluetongue.jpg

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Lucky and with her favorite person, Erik. Sitting by the pool on Christmas Eve 2006. She died March 10, 2007 after a 6 month battle with OS. She was much too young and we still miss her. She was our first grey.

IMG_1529.jpg

Lucky to be here

6/4/01 - 3/10/07

Edited by Houndmommy03

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

My beautiful tuxedo boy Falcon. 13 1/2... damn lymphoma...

I miss him everyday. :weep:weep:weep

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest greyhounds4us

OBSIE (3/27/99 - 10/25/07)

We lost our first adopted greyhound, Obsie (Greys Obstructor) within 48 hours of a heart tumor diagnosis. He came into our lives at 22 months of age and he graced our lives for almost 7 years. We adopted his littermate sister, Off Ramp, eight months after him and then his littermate brother, Octagon, five months after her. Because of Obsie, we have adopted and fostered many greyhounds and volunteer most of our free time to greyhound rescue and adoption. He was the sweetest, gentlest boy you could ever meet. Our hearts still break every day.

post-16308-1200365584_thumb.jpg

post-16308-1200365678.jpg

post-16308-1200365758_thumb.jpg

Guest luckydog

My dear sweet Lucky (a mutt) who kept me company for 14 years, almost to the day. You were found cowering at 5 weeks of age next to a dumpster in the middle of a Kansas ice storm, but never again knew cold or hunger. You laid waste the myth that all small dogs are yappy. :P

Jed (Jedidiah)--our first greyhound who lived with us only 6 days before the horrid week at the vet's. You previous owner probably did not give you the care you needed and we did not know your medical needs. You did die loved and as a pet and not as an abandoned greyhound. I still have your picture as my screensaver.

Edited by luckydog

Guest GotGreys2

I lost my brother-in-law and one of my best friends, Ryan, on April 30, 2007, he committed suicide at the age of 26.

I lost my heart & soul boy Turbo January 9, 2008, he paved the way for Blue & Rambo and all greyhounds in our future.

Now Ryan has a dog by his side at the Bridge and now I know neither one is lonely.

Guest msteele

Cooper; racing name DG's Boogie Man. 1/28/98-10/22/07. My heart dog, who I miss more than I can say. I can never seem to upload pictures, so here's a link to Rosnet, with a picture of him at one of his favorite places, the dog park. Cooper taught us the joy of greyhounds, and it will forever be in his honor that we bring others into our home. He was truly a gem of a dog.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=gxf9P7&a...%27s+boogie+man

Edited by msteele

Guest skinnydog

Clarence left September 24, 2007.

I don't even know if his owners are on the board, but I'm going to post it here

Andy was my first foster. We were going to keep him, but decided to keep fostering instead. Clarence was the first foster after Andy.

Guest KatieGrey

I almost forgot to include two of my previous fosters, Scottie and Septima. They both passed away last year. Scottie was a beautiful red and white hound that would smile when he got excited. Septima was a goofy black hound that had the silliest quirks.

It's sad to think about, but all 3 hounds featured in the TV show that was filmed at our house passed away last year :( You can see all of them in a picture on the webspage (scroll down, it's the second photo). DIY Network: Barkitecture "Lily's Crate"

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I've looked at this thread and continued to read it and just haven't been strong enough to post my losses.... I still don't feel strong enough but here I go :(

2007 was THE WORST year of my life

Jan 8 2007 Dave (Dave S Sport) is the day we said our goodbyes

oddstuff0104vp.jpg

davece6.jpg

On Jan 24 2007 Weenie left our lives

meandthecrew002fl1.jpg

aweenie003mr1.jpg

weener0016ir.jpg

and on Jun 1 2007 Cassie also said her goodbyes to join her sister Weenie across the rainbow bridge

cassstanding9it.jpg

cass4gq.jpg

casandweenrun5hq.jpg

My life has been blessed to share the time I have with these 3 amazing hounds and they leave a huge hole in my heart and my home.

Life is just not the same without them to share it with me.

They say time eases the pain and I often find myself wondering when will the pain lessen, cause I'm still waiting

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses - so many beautiful souls...

casandweenrun5hq.jpg

When I think of all the greyhounds at the bridge, this is image I see. Tall green grass, hounds running effortlessly on a beautiful sunny day... :angelwings

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest PhillyPups
They say time eases the pain and I often find myself wondering when will the pain lessen, cause I'm still waiting

I am still waiting for the day that the pain of losing my most beloved Runner is not still raw, and it is almost 6 years since he left my side during a M&G to race in the wind. The pain is the price we pay for the love we feel. If we didn't care, we would not hurt, but my song to them all is The Dance, and I would not have missed one step of the dance. :bighug to you

My empathy is with you, you indeed have a very bad year!

Our Willa girl left us suddenly in July '07, not far behind my Dad who also left suddenly in March '07. I don't think the pain ever gets healed with time. All we can do is to learn how to live without them physically in our lives anymore. We learn eventually to hold the happy memories close in our hearts which is what keep me going.

Count the blessings you have today, hug those that are with us at the moment, and be very thankful that we had the time we did with all the ones we lost. For it is the love we had with them that makes us what, and who we are today. Without hearts filled with love, we would just...........be.

I've looked at this thread and continued to read it and just haven't been strong enough to post my losses.... I still don't feel strong enough but here I go :(

2007 was THE WORST year of my life

Jan 8 2007 Dave (Dave S Sport) is the day we said our goodbyes

oddstuff0104vp.jpg

davece6.jpg

On Jan 24 2007 Weenie left our lives

meandthecrew002fl1.jpg

aweenie003mr1.jpg

weener0016ir.jpg

and on Jun 1 2007 Cassie also said her goodbyes to join her sister Weenie across the rainbow bridge

cassstanding9it.jpg

cass4gq.jpg

casandweenrun5hq.jpg

My life has been blessed to share the time I have with these 3 amazing hounds and they leave a huge hole in my heart and my home.

Life is just not the same without them to share it with me.

Guest dogrunner04

Twiga -- April 7, 1997 - April 28, 2007. My heart is still broken over losing my beautiful, sweet girl.

Bowie and I miss you every day on our walks, and I miss your excitement for every new day, and your greetings whenever I would return home. We try to go on, but sometimes it is just so sad without you.

Bob the cat--Summer of 1993- April 18, 2007. A very brave and tough cat. Never complained about insulin injections, or trips to the vet for blood tests, but it seemed the diabetes just wore him down.

I hope I never have another 10 day period like April of 2007, as I don't think I could stand it. I lost my 2 best friends.

I wish I knew how to post their pictures, as Twiga was such a beautiful girl, and so sweet, and Bob was a very handsome looking cat.

Twiga -- April 7, 1997 - April 28, 2007. My heart is still broken over losing my beautiful, sweet girl.

Bowie and I miss you every day on our walks, and I miss your excitement for every new day, and your greetings whenever I would return home. We try to go on, but sometimes it is just so sad without you.

Bob the cat--Summer of 1993- April 18, 2007. A very brave and tough cat. Never complained about insulin injections, or trips to the vet for blood tests, but it seemed the diabetes just wore him down.

I hope I never have another 10 day period like April of 2007, as I don't think I could stand it. I lost my 2 best friends.

I wish I knew how to post their pictures, as Twiga was such a beautiful girl, and so sweet, and Bob was a very handsome looking cat.

I would be happy to post your pictures. E-mail them to mary.c.nooney@boeing.com and I'll post them during my lunch break.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I would be happy to post your pictures. E-mail them to mary.c.nooney@boeing.com and I'll post them during my lunch break.

Posting pictures for Dave (dogrunner04) of Twiga the grey and Bob the cat:

PictureorVideo088.jpg

6-11-2007animalsathome-192.jpg

In the snow...

6-11-2007animalsathome-23.jpg

6-11-2007animalsathome-26.jpg

PictureorVideo017.jpg

Twiga's Memorial

twigamemorial-124.jpg

twigamemorial-116.jpg

Beautiful tribute to your babies, and I love the plaque.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Our sweet boy Rhett Butler (aka Kiowa Day Juice), just 6 days past his 14th birthday. 12/22/93 - 12/28/07

th_Rhett.jpg

Annette

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)