Mia Bella 12.3.07 Update

I just got back from visiting her, because she wasn't able to keep anything down and because she had D so bad, she wasn't absorbing her pred and azathioprine for the last 2 days. So she has had another flare up of the immune mediated part of her disease. :(

They are going to keep her for one more night so they can keep giving her meds via IV and let her eat a few meals without any medication so her tummy has some time to rest.

Keep sending good thoughts, right now Dr. Hopwood is planning to send her home tomorrow as long as she eats every meal, keeps it down and doesn't have any more big D.

Long story short, Mia started having Diahrea 2 days ago and she started vomiting yesterday so we took her to the evet yesterday. Her fever was 103.3. They did blood tests and a uti test, all came back clean. They gave her subq fluids and sent her home with 2 antibiotics.

I slept downstairs with her by herself last night so I could keep an eye on her and let her out when she needed to go and she went outside about every hour until 8am this morning and then she didn't go out for almost 3 hours.

She refused breakfast this morning and we couldn't get her pills in her. Her fever shot back up today to 104.8 and she stopped drinking water, so I took her back to the evet this morning and they are keeping her overnight.

We are worried because her immune system is still compromised (she is still on azathioprine and prednisone) and we have no idea what this is. In addition, the subq fluids they gave her bruised and irritated her skin and she is pink all over.

Please send positive healing thoughts to my little girl, I hope after 24 hours on fluids and IV antibiotics, she feels 100% better tomorrow and can come home.

Edited by 2hounds

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Mia! This little girl has really been through it. Many prayers for her and for you Alisha. A big FullHouse hug to both of you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending many prayers to your Bella girl.

My Bella girl sends you kisses...cause kisses make almost everything better in Bellie's world. ;)

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Oh Mia get better very soon sweetie girl.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Nothing like a little fresh air here and there during the night, eh?

SO sorry Mia Bella is sick again, hopefully not for long. Rickie says if she were here he would give her his screaming gorilla to make her feel better. And that is the height of generosity since it is really Arlie's gorilla gift from Lynn, that he has appropriated.

Fingers crossed, watching for updates. :grouphug