Carrier's Progress

Sending more prayers for your sweet and gentle boy. He is so brave. Chanting that this nodule will not grow or change. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grey_dreams

suspicious 4mm go away go away ... suspicious 4mm go away go away ... suspicious 4mm go away go away ... suspicious 4mm go away go away ... suspicious 4mm go away go away ... and don't dare to show yourself again, because all the collected thoughts at GreyTalk are aimed against you!

Eva, you'll see, the snow will melt and the sweet green grass will appear in no time at all, just the blink of an eye. Give a kiss to Carrier for me. :grouphug

*It was just a sneeze-print. It was just a sneeze-print. It was just a sneeze-print!* :)

Note to Carrier: Carpe diem, kiddo! Dig those holes, run ahead of your mom and grin back at her, feel the breeze flapping your lips, and the ground changing under your feet. You and your mom are living examples of "a life well-lived".

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Be gone, 4mm thing.

Thinking of you and wishing you a great Easter :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Be gone, 4mm thing.

Thinking of you and wishing you a great Easter :)

Ditto from us too !!! Gosh..and here you are helping my Gibby out in the midst of all this....thank you again and many blessings to you.

time for another chant and will continue to will the snow to melt...NOW!!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Here are Carrier's thoughts on this "thingy"

"In the darkness, I will fill myself with powerful leftovers from the humans"

Photo_032008_015.jpg

"... then I will make my leg look verrrryyyyy long...."

Photo_032008_007.jpg

"... and then I will show '4mm' what I will do to this 'lambie'. take that 'mister 4mm'

Photo_032008_005.jpg

Photo_032008_006.jpg

"Did you get that mum?"

Photo_032008_008.jpg

Time for a nap...

Photo_032108_001.jpg

You tell it, Carrier!!! If there was ever a dog that could persevere in spite of some silly 4mm thing, it's Carrier (who is looking extremely handsome, might I add!) :kiss2:inlove:wub:

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest cannonsmom

This is so exciting for me to see since Cannons right leg was just amputated just over a week ago. Your baby looks so great! as if he didnt skip a beat losing his leg.

Thanks for the pictures. They are very inspiring to me as I pray daily that Cannon can continue to adapt.

They are such incredible animals!

Carrier looks amazing!!! We're continuing to add our prayers for his continued health. Not to mention the return of soft, green grass. (Heck! at this point, any kind of grass would be welcome.)

And I bet Carrier would be proud to be Cannon's inspiration.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

You tell the stupid 4mm thing Carrier :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I am writing this. When I can wrap the whole thing around my head, I will try to write more in remembrance. He was a truly special dog...

Carrier Update ~ March 31

Bold Carrier - October 13, 1997 - March 30, 2008

Our dear sweet Carrier is free of pain and whole again. On Saturday night at 11:30pm he stood up and we noticed that he didn't want to put his back right leg down. Initially we thought it was pulled muscle or something, but as the night went on he got worse. We spoke to the vet and gave him some pain kills. They didn't work. He sat panting and then would fall asleep, cry a little, fall asleep … this went on all night as Tim and I both laid with him, massaging his back and legs. It would comfort him for a while, but we knew there something very wrong. When he would get up, he was barely able to stand on his own. We called the vet again, who by the way was amazing, as I was calling him at home. He said he would meet us at the clinic at 8:45am. It was 7:45am, so we had to wait an hour but Carrier made sure that his morning routine was still in order. Tim fed him his a full breakfast and then he went out for a pee. Surprisingly, once he got moving he was able to do everything on his own. He ran to the back stairs and Tim carried him in. We sat with him and rubbed him and then got ready to take him to the vets. Of course Carrier jumped up, wagged his tail and shook his head with excitement.

The vet examined him and knew right away that it was Carrier's heart that was causing this. His capillary refill time was 4 seconds and the normal time is 1-2 seconds. His back legs, up to his hock and feet were freezing. He wasn't receiving adequate blood to his extremities and he was losing feeling and movement. His legs weren't like this at home, so he was getting worse quickly. The vet said we could try some other heart medication that would strengthen his contractions, as his heart wasn't working hard enough to pump the blood through his whole body, but it would take 2 days to really know if it was working. The other option was to do an EKG at the emergency clinic and to see what was really going on with his heart. We took the pills and said we would go home to talk about it. But Tim and I both knew what needed to happen. So we put Carrier in the car and took him for once last car ride. He loved car rides. I sat with him in the back and every so often he would put his head up to see out the window and then back down again into he lap. During the ride, we called the vet and asked him to come out the house. We came home at 10am with Carrier and gathered all the dog beds in dining room. Carrier sat on his favourite pillow, covered with his Circle of Grey blanket, surrounded by me and Tim and Bailey, Andy and Ella.

We hugged him and told him how much we loved him, how brave he was and an inspiration to all. His spirit was strong, but his biggest gift, his heart, failed him in the end. He didn't want to leave, he still loved life, but his body was going weak and tired. He fought so hard... even begging for Guinness to the very last opportunity. He knew the sound of that can opening and would be right next to you once you poured that beer. On Saturday afternoon we were sitting outside on the porch stairs and Carrier was standing behind us, looking for his lick of Guinny. He certainly had his share of Guinness and treats.

Dr Healey came to the house at 10:40 on Sunday morning. Andy stayed beside Carrier the whole time, the girls went into the spare room together. I held Carrier in my arms. I tried to remember to tell him all the things I wanted to say to him. Even though I had talked to him all the time. He knew he was loved, this I was confident of. We hugged and kissed him every time he was beside us. I told him I was honored to be able to care for him... that he was loved more than he could ever know. We promised him that we would roo for him every day just like he always wanted. And I asked him to please send us a sign to let us know that he was okay. He got his wings just before 11am, we wrapped him in his blanket and together hugged him. The smell of his sweet, soft fur forever in our minds. He was a truly wonderful dog and we were so lucky to have him as part of our family.

Run free sweet Carrier. Our hearts are breaking but we know that you are free of pain and whole again. Watch down on Bailey, Andy and Ella ... they are lost without you.

Love your mum and dad, Bailey, Carrier & Ella

12EM9892.jpg

Edited by LadyBailey

Guest Machbragal

Oh no. I'm crying as I write this. Oh, no. Carrier, I am going to miss you SO much. I've saved all your pictures. God Bless, sweet, sweet boy.

:weep:weep:weep My heart is breaking for you. :brokenheart You did everything possible to give him quality of life. I'm sorry it was time for him to go. :grouphug Run with the angels, sweet Carrier... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm very sorry :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Typing through tears here, too. :(

I'm so sorry, but even though you're obviously hurting, it sounds like you're also remembering and celebrating him with love and joy. May your healing be swift.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.