Carrier's Progress

Your mom's training is progressing nicely, Carrier - kudos!! :D I'm so glad he is feeling well enough to do all those little things we take for granted when are babes are healthy...Hugs, sweet boy...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carrier sweetie, you are doing so good. :wub::yay:confetti:yay

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Always glad to hear good news about Carrier...way to go! This reminds me of a quote (sorry, I can't remember the exact words) but it goes something like this...“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” Keep remembering and treasure those moments.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest armanntoo

Carrier, you really have your Mama well trained, but don't you dare try teaching your methods to any of my herd. I am so glad you are getting better.

Carrier Update Mach 6

Today started out totally out of the ordinary. Here's what happened...

Normally, Andy or Bailey, our resident roosters, wake us up at the break of dawn. Ella gets up as we come down and Carrier stays in bed until he hears the water hit the kibble in his bowl. No need to waste energy!

This morning, we hear Carrier come bounding out of the spare room and I get out of bed, look over the loft and see him running into the living room with his tail wagging and him making happy sounds. How odd, I thought. Tim came down and found a very excited and happy Carrier waiting at the bottom of the stairs, ready to take on the day. He ate his breakie with gusto and then ran out to do his biz and ran back into the house... I thought it was actually Bailey who was running past me, but it was Carrier.

The only thing that I could think of why he was acting like this was because he knew that Christine was coming over to do his Reiki session. A few minutes before she even showed up, he woke up stretched, looked at me and then waited and wouldn't you know it she pulled in not long afterwards.

She started his Reiki and he began to fall asleep... she said Carrier asked if she could do it on Ella because she really needed it. So after she was done with Carrier, she went to see Ella. She said that Ella was pushing down a lot of sorrow :( how sad. Christine doesn't know about Ella's past, we have never told her... we know Ella has a lot of baggage coming from Spain, so we are going to work with Christine in hopes of helping Ella.

Back to Carrier - she said that he feels much better since the last time she saw him. I have noticed a big improvement in him over the last few days. We have another session next Thursday and a chiro adjustment tomorrow morning. She even did some Reiki on me - what a weird feeling, in a good way.

WOW. Thanks for the update... what a special day! It's so great to think of Carrier this energetic and happy! He sure is an amazing hound. And it looks like he's trained you well (barking=treats)!! ;) ;) Sending lots of hugs and scritches for your continued improvement, you beautiful brave boy. :kiss2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Carrier Update March 9

The vet came over yesterday to check Carrier's blood pressure and heart rate. We were given Diltaizem after his last visit at OSU to slow down his heart rate, so we had to do a check after a week to see how it was affecting his heart rate. Well after a few days of giving it to him, he seemed not right - so I stopped and we just monitored him. We took daily readings 2 x a times a day of his heart rate and breathing. The readings that we were getting were 90-100 bpm and 12-15 breaths per minute. Which we thought were pretty good. I informed the vet that we had stopped the diltaizem but we still wanted them to come to our home to take a true measure of his heart vitals.

The results were pretty good considering all that Carrier is dealing with.

First reading on March 9th

133 systolic / 85 diastolic

Heart Rate 137 bpm

Second reading on March 9th

140 systolic / 92 diastolic

Heart Rate 103 bpm

The vet noted: "heart is arrhythmic but tens to be in clusters of 6-8 beats." He said that his heart doesn't sound terribly bad.

We are waiting to hear back from OSU on their thoughts for those readings and will decide if any next steps are needed.

Carrier is doing well overall. He is eating well, and has normal bowel movements. Plays with his toys and participates in everything the other dogs at home do - with the exception of long walks. Although the large amount of snow and cold temperatures are bothering his back, but we are helping him with chiropractic adjustments, massage and heating pads. He has another Reiki session on Thursday. His massage sessions are given by yours truly ... I want a massage, damn it :lol. I can tell he enjoys them as his eyes roll back into head. I spent most of the day yesterday shoveling pathways in the yard so he can walk and do his biz. The vet of course commented... "I see that you have been shoveling your grass for the dogs :lol" How embarrassing :blush But in my defense we have a lot of bloody snow... poor little Ella is drowning in it. Carrier on the other hand gets these burst of energy and actually clears a snow bank... crazy boy! :colgate

Edited by LadyBailey

Guest vahoundlover

Carrier, you are THE man!! :wub::wub: Clearing snow banks :lol Dude, you are going to scare your mom! Glad to hear he's doing so well. :yay

Carrier Update March 13

Yesterday I took Carrier and Bailey for a walk. We drove out to what we call the "Boardwalk Trail" because... well it has a boardwalk :P Since we are pretty much starting from scratch in terms of Carrier's ability for walks because of his heart, this was a fairly short one... only 20 minutes. But they both really enjoyed themselves. I could see he was tired, but not tired enough to lay down in the car. He stood, head out the window, all the way home enjoying every breath of fresh air. It was a really nice day - 3 degrees and sunny.

He was tired and slept soundly for the evening.

This morning he had a Reiki session and before it started, he decided that he would show Christine something special... he tranced! He hasn't done this since January. It was so wonderful to see. He is obviously feeling pretty good to do this :wub:

Here are some pics from yesterday's walk.

At the beginning..

Photo_031208_001.jpg

Bailey & Carrier

Photo_031208_003.jpg

Handsome Boy... "it's bright out here" "there is some much to smell out here, that I have to make my nose bendy!"

Photo_031208_004.jpg

Edited by LadyBailey

Awwww...so very precious. You are an inspiration all of us sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Carrier is looking goooooooooooood :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Hi all,

It's taken me almost a week to write this.

Last Friday evening we got the final radiologist report from Carrier's xrays taken at OSU on February 25.

It said:

"...As to the radiographs final interpretation, there is a very small nodule (4mm) visible in only one of the views. This was read out as suspicious metastasis, but because it is so subtle, we left it as "suspicious" at this point."

This sucks. It's not definite, but the fact that the xrays weren't 100% clean, isn't great.

However, he is doing really well overall. Yesterday we went for a walk, just me and him and he loved it. Run ahead of me, waiting for me to catch up and then off again he goes. I can't wait for the snow to melt. I pray that he is able to feel the soft grass on his paws and dig such holes that he brings half the garden into the house. I know he wants this badly... this morning he found one sole patch of grass, dug a hole and peed on it without having to navigate any snow or ice. I think it made his day.

Oh Eva, I'm so sorry about the x-ray result. At least it's not definite at this point. Glad to hear he is continuing to do well. I think of Carrier all the time. He is one of the bravest hounds I've ever had the pleasure to read about, and I am sure he will soon be able to feel the soft grass under his paws and smell its sweet scent. You go Carrier - I have so much respect for him, and for you. Thanks for the continuous updates.

:grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest LolasMom
Oh Eva, I'm so sorry about the x-ray result. At least it's not definite at this point. Glad to hear he is continuing to do well. I think of Carrier all the time. He is one of the bravest hounds I've ever had the pleasure to read about, and I am sure he will soon be able to feel the soft grass under his paws and smell its sweet scent. You go Carrier - I have so much respect for him, and for you.

I couldn't have said it any better. Please give your handsome boy a big :kiss2 for me.

Guest Machbragal

You know I'm praying for Carrier every day. Love him every day and make sure he feels that love. I know that's what you are doing!