Snowman

I notice Snow limping last week...2 days later i noticed he was not puting much weight on foot and would hold up. Also GSOD if it got bent as he laid down. So off the vet. After xrays and exam this is where we are....could be soft tissue damage or the poo C word. She was not happy with the way the bone looked but said biopsy would be necc to confirm. So we got anti inflamatoryh & pain pills& orders for no running, jumpimg or walks longer than 10 min. Snow is none too happy to not play with his ball which requires jumiping down 2 stairs & running. He is still limping but no scream when he bends so I got my prayers for "soft tissue dammage" so if you get a chance to say a quick prayer for my boy I would really appreciate it

edtided to add I dont plan on doing anything (including the bio.) till i speak to Dr Couto

Edited by jamngrey

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending lots of good thoughts for Snowman and for you :grouphug

Has he actually had the biopsy done now?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending lots of good thoughts for Snowman and for you :grouphug

Has he actually had the biopsy done now?

not yet we have an appointment thurs for a re check (7days from first visit) other than not screaming when he bends it its about the same

thanks for the thoughts your family and darcy have wll wishes from me

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Sending many prayers it's soft tissue. The biopsies aren't always enlightening -- Dr. Cuoto suggests a fine needle aspirate because I think there is a risk of shattering bone if it is cancer and a bigger needle is used. Is there any way to forward copies of the x-rays to OSU to have them look at them? In Snickers's case, which was osteo, we did the fine needle aspirate and it was inconclusive. The x-rays were hallmark osteo and Dr. Cuoto and another radiologist confirmed the diagnosis.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Sending our many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest jurishound

Having just gone through this with my Stormy, I know how it feels. I know it isn't easy, but try not to think the worst! Best wishes for a good outcome to you both!

The biopsies aren't always enlightening -- Dr. Cuoto suggests a fine needle aspirate because I think there is a risk of shattering bone if it is cancer and a bigger needle is used. Is there any way to forward copies of the x-rays to OSU to have them look at them? In Snickers's case, which was osteo, we did the fine needle aspirate and it was inconclusive. The x-rays were hallmark osteo and Dr. Cuoto and another radiologist confirmed the diagnosis.

When Lucky was limping last year I was told by someone on a greyhound board not to do a bone biopsy because it was soooo painful. Unfortunately we were told that AFTER the biopsy had been done. I don't know the name of the type of biopsy done (it wasn't a fine needle aspiration) but I know they took a "punch" of the bone to get a sample. THe vet thought it was cancer by just how the bone reacted when punched BUT the biopsy came back negative for cancer. The biopsy was WRONG - she did have bone cancer and we got confirmation of that when we sent our x-rays to Dr. Couto to look at. I would think twice about the biopsy.

I am hoping and praying that snowman just has a soft tissue injury! Good luck!

Hugs,

Kim, Silver and Holly

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

ditto on not jumping to getting the biospy. that was Dr Couto's last resort and we didn't end up having to do it. it's painful and puts the dog at risk for fracture. Ask for a fine needle aspirate and see if you can sed they xrays to osu. a lot of the time, the xrays that are taken by regular vet clinics are not the same quality as the ones that osu takes. so perhaps sending the xrays to osu and getting a second opinion

Sending prayers for snowman and you.

Edited by LadyBailey