Snowman

Oh no, Wen... :( It can't be the C word. It just can't be. Prayers for a simple soft tissue injury that will heal with grace and ease. Can you send the x-rays to Dr. Couto for his opinion? Sending tons of hugs and light to you and your gang. :candle:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just got back from the recheck. No change so gave more pain pills and got a referal for a consult. I am going to see about sending the xrays off to Dr Couto and see where i should go from there. Thanks all for the suport and well wishes.

Poor snow to add insult to injury psi snapped at him and now he is sporting a shaved rear with a wound to keep flushed.

well it is confirmed he has bone cancer. He will be kept as pain free till it is time to go.

Edited by jamngrey

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

I am sorry to hear that Psi snapped at him. Sending the xrays to Dr Couto for a second opinion is free. It might be as simple as him looking at them and putting your mind at ease when it comes to the dreaded word.

That is my hope, im not going to jump in to anything with out some expert advice and I know Dr. Couto is it.

Ya poor guy is going thru something and Psi has to be the macho jerk (but I love him)

Anyone know how I contact him to find out bout sending them to him?

Edited by jamngrey

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Email Dr Couto - using the email provided above and tell him the situation. At the same time, ask you vet if they can send the xrays digitally - some places have this - or they can even scan the xray and send them via email. Alternatively, you can have them mail the actually xray. Dr Couto can give you the address.

I think two of the oncologist are away until the 4th, so Dr Couto is alone this weekend and will be in the clinic. Last night I saw him at 5 and he was on his way to do his email consults - so either he, or Dr Marin will return your email. Good luck.

:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Dr. Couto contact info (or at least a place to start):

email - greyosu@osu.edu

website - www.vet.osu.edu/1872.htm

Good luck!

Kim

thanks so much

Email Dr Couto - using the email provided above and tell him the situation. At the same time, ask you vet if they can send the xrays digitally - some places have this - or they can even scan the xray and send them via email. Alternatively, you can have them mail the actually xray. Dr Couto can give you the address.

I think two of the oncologist are away until the 4th, so Dr Couto is alone this weekend and will be in the clinic. Last night I saw him at 5 and he was on his way to do his email consults - so either he, or Dr Marin will return your email. Good luck.

Thanks so much. I will email him and check with my vets office to see if they can send the xrays. I reall appreciate the help

Checking in to see how Snowman is doing??! :hope :hope :hope :hope

It is amazing how quickly this can progress. He is now limping all the time. He use to only limp if he played now it is all the time. Lucky the pain meds he is on seem to keep him to a point where he is not in too much pain. I am guessing this since he isnt whinning or screaming like he did before we went to the vets.

As long as I can keep him comfortable we will continue to create memories. Today we went to GreySaves speg. social. He enjoyed all the loves he got ;) thanks Michelle and Jeannie :)

He is sleeping now and I will enjoy his peace while we can

:(:(:(

It really is mind-boggling how fast they can go from apparently healthy to desperately ill, isn't it? We too opted not to go for a biopsy, as the x-rays were very clear and bone biopsies are very hard on a dog. The vet did do a fine needle aspirate of the fluid around his swollen joint which further supported his diagnosis.

Glad to hear that the pain meds are doing the trick for Snowman. That is so important. It's great that he's still well enough to go to fun events and enjoy life. Make the moments count. :bighug

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg