Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VelvetEars

He's so cute! :) Glad to hear the lavender is helping a little. Keep applying it at least twice/day. And when you wash him, mix a few drops into the shampoo (in your hand) before applying it.

Guest BoomerMom

Good morning!

Baby Brody is in big trouble!!! He has discovered the joys of counter surfing and is being a real pain in the butt! :D

I make little meatballs of BilJac for everybody's pills and put them in with their meals. Brody has decided that meatballs are tasty and he will eat all of them the moment I turn my back. Luckily, Wiz is only on pain meds and an antibiotic so we didn't have to make an e-vet run. Tonight the new baby gate for the kitchen will be installed......

I'm not really happy with the speed that his skin is healing. He is getting a some new bumps and is looking a crusty again. Dr. S thinks that we should have him evaluated by the dermatologist. I don't know if that will happen before the holiday, but I'm going to give it a try. I'm still waiting to hear back from her about uping his antibiotics due to the weight gain.

Guest BoomerMom
Sending prayers.

Did you see the picture of the skin in the link I sent you on RMSF? I wonder if upping the atbs to the higher dose will help.

Also hoping the Transfer Factor kicks in.

I saw that pic and am wondering if the RMSF is part of his skin problem. I sent the link and info to Susie with a note about the rash in the pic.

Your doing a great job WOW!! with this little sweetheart,

but what does he have ?? I did read the treads but didn't get it.

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Guest BoomerMom
Your doing a great job WOW!! with this little sweetheart,

but what does he have ?? I did read the treads but didn't get it.

We don't know exactly what he has. He has tested positive for two tick born diseases, but there has been no firm diagnosis of the skin problem. We think it is some sort of staph infection, but are not sure. The first priority was to get some weight on him and build up his strength. Now that he is doing better, we are looking for other options to get his skin cleared up.

I'm going to take him back into the vet tomorrow and will hopefully have some more answers. I think he has gained a couple more pounds and can have his medication dosages increased. It's just so tough when they are really fragile to find the line between helping them get better and overloading their bodies with meds & food.

Thanks for caring!

I'm sorry, but not seeking medical care for 5 days on an animal that looks like Brody did is inhumane IMO. Bless you for all you do. Sending healing white light Brody's way. :hope:candle

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

I continue to think about Brody....sounds like he is feeling better and has a good appetite!!! :P

Thank you for taking care of this special boy...bless you and your family this holiday!!!

Guest snowberry

Here's hoping that with good food and all the love he's getting, his skin will start to clear up - his immune system will be improving now that he is with you :colgate:grouphug for Brody.

Guest BoomerMom
Where do I make a donation for Brody ?

You can make a donation via Paypal or regular mail. The info is at the bottom of his GALT page HERE.

Thanks for helping!

Brody saw Dr. S today and she thinks he is looking pretty well. I didn't actually get to speak to her, but I should get a more detailed report from Susie. The most excellent news is that he is up to 59.9 pounds! Woo Hoo!

In other news, do you know what is wrong with this picture? (Besides the crappy quality?)

BrodyandBoomer.jpg

Hounds are not allowed on the furniture here in Boomerland. Someone is obviously not following the rules!

BrodyLoveseat.jpg

My mom is flying in tonight from Wyoming so I don't know if I will get a chance to update tomorrrow. If not, I just want you all to know how thankful I am that you all are here for these hounds.

Happy Turkey Day!

Kelly