Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LolasMom

Thanks so much for the update. I think about the little guy all the time. :heart I don't know for sure Kelly but it sure seems like he's color coordinated with the sofa and pillows. He must have thought, "it was a sign!". :nod:lol:lol

In other news, do you know what is wrong with this picture? (Besides the crappy quality?)

<see image above>

Hounds are not allowed on the furniture here in Boomerland. Someone is obviously not following the rules!

If anyone should be allowed to break the laws in Boomerland, it should be Brody!

Thanks for the update and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

GoinGrey

:paw

My Current Signature

Guest charmsmom
He probably thought you wouldn't see him up there because he blends in so well with the furniture. I had trouble finding him in the picture. :lol

Glad I'm not the only one!!! :blink::lol:lol:lol

Are we perhaps due a few new pictures now? Please?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest GreytMuse

The "before" and "now" pictures of Brody speak volumes about the love and care he is receiving from you, Kelly. Someday, we'll be looking at a VERY handsome hound and we'll call that "after"! I can't wait to be introduced to sweet Brody at a meet & greet in the future when he starts looking for his forever home! :)

Guest BoomerMom

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days, but it has been pretty hectic here. I just dropped Mom off at the airport and am getting the paperwork together to take Brody to the dermatologist. The poor boy wasn't allowed to have breakfast this morning and it's breaking my heart!

I'll do a better update when we get back from the vet.

Kelly

*melting*

Thanks so much. And good luck at the derm vet.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

He's so cute. I hope he gets better soon, and gets a very very loving forever home.

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Guest BoomerMom

Ladies & Gentlemen! Hounds and Houndettes!

May I have your attention???? We have a diagnosis and a treatment plan!!! Woo Hoo!!!

:confetti:bounce:offwall

Dr. S of PPAH and Dr. Garfield of the Dermo Clinic have compared their notes etc. and are 99.9% positive that Brody has Pemphigus foliaceus. It is an auto-immune disease where Brody's body is producing chemicals that destroy the proteins that bind his skin cells together (very simplified explanation). The only way to be 100% sure is to put him under for a skin biopsy and we really don't want to do that if we can help it.

The treatment is 50 mg of prednisone and 50 mg of imuran per day for the next thirty days. The pred will suppress the chemicals that Brody's body is producing that are causing the problem and the imuran will help with the side effects from the pred. We will continue with the antibiotics for another two weeks and then have Brody re-examined at the end of the 30 days.

The bad news is that the pemphigus can only be put into remission, it can't be totally cured. This means that Brody will probably be on a small dose of pred every other day for the rest of his life. As you can imagine, this has a pretty significant impact on his adoptability.

Thank you all so much for all of your support, good wishes, and presents. It was like Christmas for Brody this weekend and I promise I will get in contact with everyone who sent gifts within a couple of days. I ended up crying several times this weekend when another box appeared on the doorstep. The generosity of Greyhound people never fails to amaze me. You all even had my Mom crying by the time we opened the last box.

My camera is almost DOA, but I will see what I can do about getting more pics up of the boy. Thanks again for everything!

Kelly

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Thank goodness for the diagnosis.....I sure hope it doesn't affect his adoption.....most folks take a pill a day...really no problem.....bless his heart.......sweet guy!!! :wub::wub::wub:

:yay:yay WOW!! that is good news. I'm so happy he will be OK, he just broke my heart when I saw the pic's.

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

great news. I know the right home is out there for him no matter the issue. It may take longer but i believe there is someone who needs him

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest BoomerMom

Sorry for taking so long in posting an update. The last couple of days have been really busy. I did finally get DBF's camera and have new pics. The quality isn't wonderful, but they are much better than what I can get with mine.

The pred is working wonders on Brody. The majority of his sores are healed up and there aren't any new ones! He is drinking a lot and then peeing a lot, but it's manageable. It's obvious that he is feeling better too. Over the Thanksgiving weekend he really wasn't moving around very much, mostly just lying in his crate looking miserable. Now he is coming up to anyone and everyone for loves and is trying to playing with toys!

We gave him another bath yesterday and it helped to get rid of a bunch of the scabs. It's tough to resist the urge to scrub at them, but I don't want to mess up his healing. The bath also improved his odor 100%. He actually doesn't smell bad at all now and what hair he has left isn't sticky and gross.

The white spots you see on his skin are wounds that have healed. He is really pink, but he has all but quit scratching himself.

Shoulder.jpg

Back-1.jpg

Head-1.jpg

Front.jpg

RightRearLeg.jpg

RightRearLeg.jpg

Face-1.jpg

Again, thank you all so much for your wishes and support through all of this. If he could, Brody would love to give each one of you a cuddle!