Marla Seems Slightly Depressed, Sometimes Won't Eat.

ZoomDoggy

Well no major changes to report. No real progress, but no loss of ground either. Marla seems content to be syringe-fed for now. And now that I've returned her to her kibble & supplement diet (in liquid form, of course) her little bout of diarrhea has subsided. That's one small piece of good news, I guess.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Well no major changes to report. No real progress, but no loss of ground either. Marla seems content to be syringe-fed for now. And now that I've returned her to her kibble & supplement diet (in liquid form, of course) her little bout of diarrhea has subsided. That's one small piece of good news, I guess.

No loss of ground is a good thing. :grouphug Keeping you and Marla in my thoughts and prayers.

:heart

Sending prayers and the most gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Marla it's time to eat now sweetie. Little black girls can be stubborn I know but enough is enough. We all to have you around for a long time yet so get those chops working doll face.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I have a tiny piece of good news: Last night Marla ate a small scoop of frozen yogurt, four tiny nibbles from my pepperoni pizza, and three spoonfuls of Auntie Carole's home-made doggie pasta salad. :yay I'm still syringe-feeding her the kibble/supplement soup, but the fact she ate something without me shoving it into her, I call that progress, however minimal.

She also had monster moose-dookeys on our am walk today, so I feel reassured that I'm giving her the volume of food she needs to try and regain some weight. :)

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

:clap for Marla!!

Hope things continue getting better so her momma doesn't have to be crisis girl! :lol

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

That's what we wanted to hear. Keep it up sweetie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

A less good day today. Last night after I gave Marla her cipro and tramadol, I offered her a little frozen yogurt. But I accidentally let her swallow about a teaspoon of it whole, which caused her to vomit (the same happened last time I accidentally let her swallow ice cream, rather than just licking it). :( I was unable to identify either of the pills I'd just given her in the vomit, and feared ODing her if I re-pilled her. So I'm fairly certain in retrospect she didn't absorb the Tramadol, which resulted in a restless night. Marla stirred and repositioned herself often, and is breathing a little harder today. I hoped the morning dose of Tramadol would help, but hasn't so far. :sad1

I was forced to let my little Marla go tonight.

Yesterday she was weaker, and had intermittant spells of wheezing. Today her breathing became very ragged and difficult, she couldn't breathe while laying down, and she stopped being able to hold down food and meds. I brought her in for new xrays, and it showed that the lung mass had grown huge, taking up most of one side of her ribcage and atached itself to her sternum.

My poor little black velvet girlie, my little Marzie-doates...

I'll create another remembrance thread later. I just can't bear it right now.

:(

I'm sorry, Aimee.

Go with God, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no... :( My heart aches for you. :brokenheart I'm so sorry for your loss. :bighug

Godspeed, precious Marla... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Aimee. I just got your email. I'm so very sorry. She was one of my special fosters and my heart also has a hole now.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Oh Aimee....

My heart is just breaking for you...no one should have to lose two so close together...

Many, many hugs to you my friend....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021