Marla Seems Slightly Depressed, Sometimes Won't Eat.

ZoomDoggy

:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vet called. He heard back from the radiologist. The radiologist believes there is a soft-tissue mass on Marla's lung(s). He suggested an ultrasound. My vet said it's either cancer, or a mass of tissue, possibly scar tissue from the pneumonia (or something like that, honestly I'm so beside myself right now I don't recall his exact words after "mass"). The upshot is, if they do a ultrasound and biopsy the mass, they could determine if it's cancer. If it is, it's inoperable, and very likely to have metastasized already. If it's not cancer, then we continue treating with cipro as we currently are anyway, and hope it's just bad pneumonia.

I currently feel there's no damned point in doing an ultrasound or biopsy. Why pay $500 for someone to tell me my dog is dying? BTDT, and paid more for the "honor." Why pay to put her through an unpleasant procedure only to crush my last tiny thread of hope that maybe this time my dog is not dying.

I just want to crawl into a hole and hide from my life for a while.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest nerak254

Aimee, I'm sorry she isn't feeling better. It is so frustrating when you want her to feel better. We have fingers,toes, and paws crossed that the meds help and she's hungry again. When Jessica was so picky, someone at Petco suggested Dinty Moore Beef Stew. It was a hit as well as the dinners for little dogs.

Oh no Aimee....

I am so sorry they didn't have better news.....Has her breathing gotten a lot worse? Is she coughing a lot?

No words of wisdom...just lots of hugs....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

{{{{{{{{{{Aimee}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no Aimee....

I am so sorry they didn't have better news.....Has her breathing gotten a lot worse? Is she coughing a lot?

No her breathing seems fine to me, only a little faster than normal. And she doesn't cough. :dunno If I didn't have xrays, I'd still wonder if the non-appetite is just behavioral. There are still virtually no other symptoms.

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Sending lots of hugs to you, and :getwell wishes and hungry thoughts for your baby girl.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry. What difficult decisions you are having to make. Keeping Marla in my thoughts and prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Oh no Aimee....

No her breathing seems fine to me, only a little faster than normal. And she doesn't cough. :dunno If I didn't have xrays, I'd still wonder if the non-appetite is just behavioral. There are still virtually no other symptoms.

That is a good sign....hopefully whatever it is, it isn't in her lungs.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

My vet called. He heard back from the radiologist. The radiologist believes there is a soft-tissue mass on Marla's lung(s). He suggested an ultrasound. My vet said it's either cancer, or a mass of tissue, possibly scar tissue from the pneumonia (or something like that, honestly I'm so beside myself right now I don't recall his exact words after "mass"). The upshot is, if they do a ultrasound and biopsy the mass, they could determine if it's cancer. If it is, it's inoperable, and very likely to have metastasized already. If it's not cancer, then we continue treating with cipro as we currently are anyway, and hope it's just bad pneumonia.

I currently feel there's no damned point in doing an ultrasound or biopsy. Why pay $500 for someone to tell me my dog is dying? BTDT, and paid more for the "honor." Why pay to put her through an unpleasant procedure only to crush my last tiny thread of hope that maybe this time my dog is not dying.

I just want to crawl into a hole and hide from my life for a while.

Aimee, I'm so sorry :grouphug You've been through so much already this year. Poor Marla :(.

What about getting a second opinion on the x-rays? Especially since her symptoms don't seem to be consistent with a lung issue.

Take care - Marla is in my prayers today -

:hope

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

That was the second opinion. :sad1 The vet saw "pockets of fluid" and the radiologist saw fluid and a mass. I just feel sick and worthless.

Marla still isn't eating much. She's decided she's had enough canned dog food of any variety, enough kibble, enough cheese, enough peanut butter, enough eggs, enough meatballs, enough lunchmeat, and I can tell she's already getting tired of the boiled turkey...

Poor Tipper is getting loose stools from eating Marla's various & sundry leftovers. :lol I'm going to have to start just throwing out whatever she chooses not to eat. That will be a LOT of wasted food. :(

:grouphug

I know how you feel about the tests. How old is Marla?

When Shadow's tumor showed up on xrays, we decided to treat him with pred to help his breathing and do nothing else. Shadow was already 14 however.

Marla is ten. Her breathing seems fine, except slightly faster than normal. Not panting though, and not coughing. She is pretty listless. Only gets up to go outside or get a drink, drags behind on our walks, doesn't play anymore. :cry1

That was the second opinion. :sad1 The vet saw "pockets of fluid" and the radiologist saw fluid and a mass. I just feel sick and worthless.

Aimee, I certainly know that feeling. I'm just so sorry that this is happening so soon after what you have already been through. I am so sorry. :cry1 We are keeping Marla and you in our prayers. :grouphug

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Oh, Aimee, I'm so sorry to be reading this. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Can't recall -- is she getting some good tummy meds to help with the antibiotic? And maybe a low dose of prednisone to spark her appetite?

Sending more hugs. I'm sorry you and puppy girl are in such a miserable place.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.