Boy Or Girl ?

Guest das1075

Boy or Girl  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a preference for male or female greyhounds?

• Boy
    • Girl
    • Doesn't matter! They're all GREYT!

Guest twhitehouse

I have one female greyhound. She's very outgoing and loves people. However, she likes to hang out by herself when at home.

I'd like to get a male at some point, but Lexi prefers females, so we'll see. Maybe one day I'll get a big goofy boy.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spider9174

we have one of each. i love Gable, our male. But our female is lots more fun to observe. i tend to like to foster females, over males too...but that again is because they are a lot more fun to watch and observe.

that said...they are busy. they herd. they are more territorial. our male, laid back and just doesn't care.

I "generally" prefer male greys - the bigger the better. Seems like the bigger male it is - the sweeter the personality. (Not fact of course, just my little thing).

We have one male and one female - and both are a perfect fit for our household.

Guest RocketDog

My husband and I are both drawn to dogs of the opposite sex - he loves the prissy little princess girls, and I like the big doofy happy boys - so we adopted one male and one female.

Guest luvdogs

I have a female and a male. I had always had female dogs, so I wanted a female Grey as well, just because it was what I had always known and I didn't want a male to "mark" his territory all over the place etc. It turns out that we got a male about 2 months after we got our female as we were told a male/female combo might be easier. I love, love, love my female, BUT If I had to choose again I would pick a male. He is big and goofy and childlike and he likes to snuggle, I am constantly laughing out loud at him. My female always seems to be testing the waters to see if she can out rank us. Of course we get a kick out of that too, but he is a better "fit" and more of what I was actually looking for in a dog when we decided to get a Grey.

emily is the brains of the operation

felix is a baby boy and always will be one, our love! ....

i guess i prefer the lover, but would take another guirley dog...nothing like a clever one to show off what a smart cookie you have! love that e dog as well, my best friend!

Guest Javagirl

I admit I was drawn to the smaller females when we were going through the adoption process but my adoption group promptly took care of that! I ended up with a large, mellow, goofy male and I wouldn't have it any other way. I would also love a girl at some point in the future but my collar addiction would probably get out of control.

Kristyn

I'm a pet sitter, so I love the boys and girls. I have always been a bit partial to boys though. I seem to bond quicker with the males and usually (not always) better with the boys. I have a big sweet lazy boy and I wouldn't hesitate to get another boy if I could find the money. But if I found the right female, I wouldn't mind having her as well.

I have two girls and two boys...I love all of them more than anything. BUT, if I were to add another, it would be a boy....there's just something about them!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WhiteWave

I prefer males in dogs, no matter the breed. :) Males are easier IMO! Being said, I have had females that I absolutely loved. Right now I do own one female dog, not a grey, an Amstaff. Since I have a mixed pack(not all Greys), I can only have so many males. We got Ripley as a playmate for Casper my Dogo Argentino. Casper adores Greyhounds male or female, but he doesn't play Greyhound style and needed a wrestling buddy. He doesn't like most males of other breeds so we went with a female. Ripley worked out greyt!

Guest the36thchamber

One of each. I wasn't sure I wanted a female because of some of the things that I've heard but my Wife insisted on it because there were already 5 males in the house vs two females. My male is just a big dope that loves to sleep, he's super sweet and has not one single problem. My female on the other hand is very meek and I almost want to say emotional. I've only had her four months though so who knows how she's going to be when she's fully settled.

Guest TeddysMom

I didn't vote because Teddy is the only grey I have ever really known but if he is a typical greyhound male, I can't imagine a female being any sweeter than he is. I have lots of other dogs, male and female, and I have always said that the boys attach more to me and the females attach more to my husband. Teddy is becoming more and more my boy. It is like he has to be everywhere I am, always keeping an eye on me so I don't get away.

• 1 month later...
Guest GreyFan09

We have one greyhound boy who is the most laid-back, gentle, friendly dog I've ever owned. He loves everyone - friends, relatives, kids, cats, small dogs, and probably anyone breaking into our house! Ha Ha!

Guest smudgebear

I was told that the males tend to be more laid back and that's definitely true of Shadow! I've met some female greys in the past and they all seemed really sweet, but I didn't get to know any that well. I had also read something about getting the opposite sex of whatever animal is the most dominant in the household. Smudge, my female cat, definitely rules the roost! I don't know how much that applies to cat/dog relations, but I thought a female dog who was also dominant would clash more with Smudge. Although, I do find that my boy cat (also very laid back) is EXTREMELY competitive with the dog for my attention, while Smudge tends to avoid Shadow altogether. Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest burgerandfrey

We had a female for ten years, and now we have one of each. We adopted our boy Zeke in June, and then Lola about six weeks later. We took Zeke with us to meet the available dogs, and he seemed indifferent to the boy dogs. He only seemed interested in the ladies, and Lola was very interested in him as well (and us). So we don't have any preference towards male or female, size, coat, etc. We just let the dogs pick us.

Guest McWalden

one of each, brother and sister. Other than a couple of accidents when we first brought them home (2 years ago) the boy shows no inclination to pee in the house at all. :)