Boy Or Girl ?

Guest das1075

Boy or Girl  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a preference for male or female greyhounds?

• Boy
    • Girl
    • Doesn't matter! They're all GREYT!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alkeryia

Right now, 2 females and 1 male. It depends on what foster I have what the balance is. When we had 3 of our own, it was 2 male 1 female. Up until now all the fosters have been male.

• 1 month later...
Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I have two of each, and I have no preference. They are different, but I love the traits of both. Shhhh, my favorite is one of the girls, though! But that doesn't mean much. Most of my extra special dogs have been boys.

Guest DawnsPT

I just adopted my first grey, Sereno, he is a male brindle. He is a sweet lovable 75lb boy . I had no preference, but I'm thrilled that Sereno chose me :rolleyes:

Guest jvandover

A girl, Lovie. I didn't have a big preference, actually I said male as I wanted a larger dog. My fiance fell in love with one dog, whom we inquired about, and ended up with! A happy ending.

6 females and 3 males here. Always had a soft spot for the little girls. blush.gif

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

• 2 weeks later...

This week - 2 boys and 1 girl.

Next week - 3 boys and 1 girl.

I love them all. My first 2 were girls then boy, girl, boy, girl and next week another boy.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Guest bigorangedog

Out of the 11 greys we've had, 10 have been boys. We have girls come through the program as 'fosters' all the time, of course, but I doubt I would ever have a girl again in my personal pack. Just love the big goofy boys. But yes, girls are adopted faster here.

I've got a boy.

I've fostered both sexes and prefer the boys, I find them to be goofy and more loving.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest Frankendog

My whole life I had always had female dogs, I don't know why...

So when we were deciding on the sex of our future grey we thought a boy would be a nice change. I think my exact description was "a BIG goofy boy" Well we did get a boy, big - yes, but I wish he was a tad more goofy :P

Guest laurengrey

1 Boy. We picked a boy supposedly because they're not used to jumping as much. The females at the track have to jump up into their crates. Our home owners Association won't allow us to put up a fence higher than 4 ft so we didn't want to get a dog that was used to jumping. Timmy is extremely loving, though.

• 5 months later...
Guest leash

There are two reasons we have a girl and they are both stupid, but I was SOOOOO naive when it came to getting my first dog I wanted a girl for basically two reasons.

First was they are smaller,,,,,,I thought. I thought there would be no room for a boy in our little home,,,I was wrong any size grey would fit here. So that is lame brain excuse number one, but number two is even dumber.

Reason two,,and this is really really stupid, I wanted a dog that peed like a girl buy not hiking thier leg (Isn't that lame). My thought was if the dog peed in the house, a girl would only pee on the carpet, a boy could pee anywhere. Told you it was stupid. To make it even dumber when we are walking Leia will sometimes pee like a boy, if she wants to hit something high off the ground. Leia has never peed in the house though !

This is so funny. I thought I wanted a girl for the same reasons. I ended up getting a boy and he does not lift his leg at all to pee. :rolleyes: I do have to say that my male is a total love bug and wants attention from everyone.

Edited by leash

Guest kydie

1 male grey, but of the entire pack, 3 are male, and 1 female, the O.P. stated females herd? really? did not know that. of all the female dogs here the only dog that ever did any herding was the old english and it was a male

• 3 years later...
Guest Jesse12789

bossman is my first grey.. obviouslt from his name hes a male. but i will be looking for a female when i move in a ear to keep him company.

I have one of each. The male is super laid back and the female is a little anxious once in a while in certain situations. The female is a total love bug where the male is more quiet with his affection. Our boy bonded with my husband while the girl is my baby. But they both love each of us.

But I guess they all are different.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala