John E's Surgery Scheduled For Tuesday

I have been posting today that John E is scheduled for removal of his anal polyp on Thursday, but I just checked tonight and his surgery is Tuesday. I am sure they will be calling me tomorrow to go over the procedure and remind me of no eating after midnight and all the pre-op requirements.

Please keep my big boy in your positive thoughts. This is the third surgery he is having this year. Two were for malignant tumors in his eyelids and the first one included the removal of seven teeth while he was sedated. This surgery for an anal polyp is his third in 5 months. My vet joked and said he will have had surgery at both ends.

Let's pray that this is the last surgery for this guy and let him be well for a while.

Boys_Side_by_Side.JPG

Paul and John E

Dr. Newman called this afternoon (Saturday) and the polyp was benign. Thanks everyone for good thoughts and prayers.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending prayers for your beautiful blue boy. Wow, he is gorgeous! :hope:hope

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

KeepingJohnECompany.jpg

John had his surgery today. Dr. Newman said he did very well. Last night he had a lot of bleeding, whereas today, she said there was very little, but the polyp was ulcerated. I am wondering if it broke last night, if such things happen. She said he did very well with the anesthesia and she used the same protocol as last time and he woke up well. She used the laser for the tissue and he has three internal stitches which should dissolve on their own. The polyp was sent for biopsy and she checked his eyelids and said they look good. I am a little tired from my 100+ mile trip today, lighter in my purse, but otherwise it was a satisfying day.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. We will have the biopsy results by the end of the week. Forgot to mention-he is back in the e-collar for a few days. Poor guy.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm glad that all went well with the surgery and John E is recovering. Sending good thoughts for good biopsy results. :)

Edited by PiagetsMom

Just saw this...glad it went well.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

So glad to see the surgery is over and your boy is home. Sending prayers for a good biopsy report and good healing. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

So glad to hear that the surgery went well. Keeping fingers and paws crossed for a good biopsy report.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)