Sprout And His Knee Malarky

Good thoughts for an uneventful and full recovery for the Sprout :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hope for a quick, uneventful recovery for Sprout.

My 14-year-old Bichon had her ACL repaired last November. Our only problem was getting her to leave the incision alone. We finally had to get her a Bite-Not collar. (She could still get at it with an E-collar.) She healed up great. The only thing I've noticed is that she can't jump up as well as before and she doesn't squat as low to pee.

Edited by DustysMom

We've been to visit him :wub: He was asleep when we first arrived so we went to look at a cockerel who'd had an op on his head :unsure: :rolleyes: Then we went back to Sprouts 'ward' and he was awake, to a degree :wub: He needed to come out of his kennel anyway because he'd done a widdle in there so we had a bit of a tickle whilst the nurse changed his bedding

Woe is The Sprout

5b133a82a01720feda4f7036a35e5bd5.jpg

Woe isssssssss heeeeeeeeee

012a0e7ed480467e9b7476e3094dced9.jpg

Back in his kennel with a yellow duck (from home)

5a9e5dbd2ae6d2a152d0ce427c6abe69.jpg

He was in pretty good spirits actually, wagging his tail and looking around to see which other dogs were still in the top kennels. Just before we put him back in the kennel though, he went and stood at the door of the 'ward' to tell us he was ready to go home now thanks ( :( ) but as soon as he went back into his kennel, he was spark out and I suspect he'll stay that way for the night now. They'll offer him some food later and I've arranged to phone in the morning to arrange a time to collect him tomorrow afternoon :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Get well soon Sprout! Make sure Mummy gives you extra treats for your trouble.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Whew!! I got this whole thread, from nerves to naps, in one go! Glad Sprout is resting, if not entirely comfy at least safe and in good hands, 'til he can be collected for home. I'm just guessing his humans are "spark out" right now, themselves!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest Lori

I believe that boy can make every hair on his body wilty to make himself look more pitiful! :wub:

Ruby wishes him a quick recovery, like she had from her knee surgery. And she was 10 at the time, but healed quickly. :)

Oh Sprout Sweetheart...heal swiftly and hurry home honey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Gee he looks great! I hope he sprouts back to being pain free soon!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Sounds like he's doing well. I hope his recovery is quick and uneventful.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Tenderhearts
I believe that boy can make every hair on his body wilty to make himself look more pitiful! :wub:
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Lots of healing thoughts for Miss Pik-up-a-chew's favorite man across the pond! :wub::kiss2:grouphug:hope

I hope Sprout can come home today.. He looks so sad in the crate.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest Snowy8

:gramps Sprout, let me know if you want to borrow my walker...I'm using a cane now so its just sitting here doing nothing.

Bless your knee...I hope everything comes out okay & you're scratching up grass in no time!

Guest jettcricket

Awww.....look at the little man. Glad to hear his surgery went well. Hope he can come home soon!! Get well buddy...we all love ya. :inlove:getwell

Very sorry for the delay! I've not had any internet connection till just now, from last night when I logged off :eek

Anyway, we collected Sprout this afternoon and he bounded (on three legs) up the stairs from the 'ward' area with me following behind on the end of his lead :lol When we got to the car, I said to OH "can you lift him in" and before another word could be uttered, Sprout had launched himself into the back seat :eek:rolleyes: He's eaten his dinner and made good use of the garden and finally at about 9pm he went to sleep.

I've taken some pics but I can't do anything with them till the computer has all its relevant programmes re-installed (tomorrow).

Thanks again for all your good wishes. We may need valium for the humans as Sprout is supposed to be on lead only walks for the next 6-8 weeks! :blink::lol He goes back for a check up at the vets next week.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!