Sprout And His Knee Malarky

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deer Mister Sprout,

Pleez bee a gud boy and don't dew too much, okay?

Lubs,

Pik-up-a-chew :paw

I wish I'd logged in earlier so that I could have passed this message onto Sprout :rolleyes:

He's not been out for a walk or anything but he hates to miss what might be going on so he's been up and about a fair bit and I think that, combined with his pain meds wearing off has made him a bit flat tonight. He didn't join in at dinner time so I made him something a bit different (canned, prescription diet mixed with some of our dinner leftovers, as opposed to his normal dry kibble) and he did eat all of that. If he's still a bit flat tomorrow I'll call the vets...

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

He seems to be much more normal today :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Snowy8

Mizzerus BevDee...our mommy is frat too...her noze how Mizzer Sprout freels...it hurts to habs you lag operated on...her is packing up herz walker tang for Mizzer Sprout to use. Hims will like it cause he can knock stuffs & peeples outta duh way too. he he he Mommy sayud herz wuz kiddin'...Mizzer Sprouts isn't tawl enuff.

Mizzer Sprouts...we hope yooz are gettin' better & can go racing around duh brock soon.

Lubs the Snowy8 criminals

Be a good little boy sweetheart and heal swiftly. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sprouty went to see the vet this afternoon for his check up and the vet was pleased with him :D (Sprout was also pleased with the vet who fed him some liver treats).

Because we had the surgery done in the early stages of the problems with his cruciate, he's allowed to do more than he would have been if he'd had the surgery once the cruciate had snapped (ewww). So although Sprout does still have to have lead only walks (boo hiss), he's going to also have hydrotherapy (snigger) to see how he likes it ( :unsure ) because no harm can be done and it can only help to get back some strength and muscle tone.

Pet Plan will cover the hydrotherapy (yayyy) which costs £25 per 'medical swim' and they normally have a course of 10 sessions (although Sprouty may only have six or eight, depending on whats necessary). I've booked the first available session which is Thursday 28th June. I shall be taking the camera :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the pictures. I'm glad to hear he is mending well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Snowy8

Oooh get an underwater shot or two...I'm not sniggering Sprouts like your mommy did...or was that her evil twin? he he he

I am so excited that Mr. Sprouts will be okay now. I do know how he feels...I honestly do! When its over, lets compare xrays (see my blog)...he he he

Prayers for you baby boy...I want to hear some adventures of Sprouts!!! :balloonparty

Oh, the hydrotherapy should be a BIG hit with Sprout! Woe is him!!! :lol

Can you imagine? :blink::lol

Oh, that is great news.

I understand that dogs who get to do hydrotherapy recover much much faster from cruciate surgery. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)