Hit Us Like A Ton A Bricks: Cancer Diagnosis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GiJenn51

I'm so very sorry. Dr. Cuoto was very prompt and helpful when I contacted him about Cinder. My prayers will be with you and Snickers. :hope

I am so very sorry to hear about Snickers. Your family will be in my prayers.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Gail Dr Couto will respond very quickly to you. He is consulting with my vet about Finn and keeping me in the loop as well :heart

Finn's needle aspiration was practically painless for him. He got tramadol for the first 3 days but I am not sure he even needed it. I would not hesitate to do that for Snickers.

:hope for Snickers

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Thanks everyone for your kind and informative responses.

Although I only e-mailed them last evening, I have already heard from one of Dr. Couto's associates. What an incredible resource. Snickers is at the vet now, and I have opted for the less invasive fine needle aspirate and hope that we can get some answers from that.

On the positive side, the lung x-rays they took this a.m. did not show any obvious signs of metastasis. (if that is the right terminology and spelling).

The vets and the assistants are being very understanding and compassionate.

I'll update when I hear any news. I guess it takes a few days to get the results of the test so I'll spend the next few days doing a lot of reading trying to absorb as much info as possible.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest Kristensmom

So sorry to hear about Snickers, and I hope you get the information you need to make the best decision for your pup. Sending prayers.

Guest Flint

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please PM me if there is anything I can do for you or Flint's cousin (and look-a-like) Snickers. I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Sending prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Update: (I dont' know how to add it to the heading.)

We saw on oncologist today, and although the tissue samples weren't definitive, he and the radiologist are 99% certain it is osteo. So rather than waste time, I've got her scheduled for amputation tomorrow a.m. It's going to be hard on her human family emotionally but to know that it gives her relief from the pain and also possibly a better survival rate in the slim chance the cancer hasn't spread, I know in my heart it's the right decision.

I'm not too weepy today. I'm actually relieved that we are going forward and doing something for her before it progresses any further. I'll probably be a mess tomorrow though.

Does anyone know much about Artemisinin? The oncologist seemed very positive about supplementing chemo with this. Apparently there have been good success with cancer remission with it. It's an anti-malarial drug. I have the 2004 CG article here, but was hoping someone knew more about it. I'll post this under a different topic too when I have more time.

Pray for Snickers tomorrow.

Forgot to add the good news: lungs are clear, her ALP (marker protein is normal, and a quick ultrasound of her abdomen looked clear. Although it's osteo, her prognosis is good.

Edited by Aerosmom
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Does anyone know much about Artemisinin? The oncologist seemed very positive about supplementing chemo with this. Apparently there have been good success with cancer remission with it. It's an anti-malarial drug. I have the 2004 CG article here, but was hoping someone knew more about it. I'll post this under a different topic too when I have more time.

Dr. Couto is doing a study as he feels artemisinin is quite promising. You can ask questions here:

Yahoo Aremisinin Group

Sending lots of prayers!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Lots of prayers being said for Snickers.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon