Hit Us Like A Ton A Bricks: Cancer Diagnosis

Guest Flint

Will certainly continue praying for Snickers--so glad to hear the prognosis is good. Keep us updated on her treatment and progress.

Marie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luluaz

Sending prayers for a smooth surgery and rapid recovery.

Please post any and all questions you may have, post-amp.

This is the very hardest time, both for you and your girl. Please take my word for it, if she will be held for several days in recovery, GET EXTRA SLEEP( I took over the counter sleep aid!). She will need you strong and well rested for this part of the after-care.

You can count on help from myself and all the members who have gone through this, so please feel free to PM me or e-mail

at lisabissell@cox.net.

You and your darling Snickers are in my prayers.

May your greyt love for her help you to be strong :grouphug

Lisa

I will be thinking of you. Z's brother, Dennis is doing well with the artemisinin. They feel it is giving him more time. He, like Z had front leg amp and many months cancer free before it returned. Mets in the lung are not growing. He also has a tumor in his mouth that his mom says is "decomposing". Zinger was in a study for chemo drugs and could not have the Art.

Guest mountain4greys

Lots and Lots of prayers for both of you. Good luck tomorrow, you'll be in our thoughts, and we'll be looking for pupdates. :hope:hope

Guest Lala

I'm so sorry about Snickers! :cry1 I'll be thinking of you and her tomorrow and sending prayers. Like Dr. Couto says, greyhounds are three legged dogs who are born with an extra leg.

Lilah is taking Artemisinin currently for her osteo. She is also taking herbal supplements and getting acupuncture. The acupuncture seems to help. We opted not to amputate because of Lilah's arthritis, but I would think a 5 and a half year old pup would be able to adapt quite quickly once she has healed from the surgery.

Please keep us posted. I'm so sorry - cancer is so unfair.

Alicia & Lilah

I'm so sorry about Snickers! :cry1 I'll be thinking of you and her tomorrow and sending prayers. Like Dr. Couto says, greyhounds are three legged dogs who are born with an extra leg.

Lilah is taking Artemisinin currently for her osteo. She is also taking herbal supplements and getting acupuncture. The acupuncture seems to help. We opted not to amputate because of Lilah's arthritis, but I would think a 5 and a half year old pup would be able to adapt quite quickly once she has healed from the surgery.

Alicia & Lilah

Thanks. My prayers are with Lilah too. She's a beautiful girl.

How much Artemisining is Lilah taking? I found a few places that sell it -- any recommendations? The oncologist, Dr. Buss, actually said it has some potential. I'm not sure in what form, but I'm willing to try.

I will keep everyone posted about Snickers's surgery.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest Lala

Alicia & Lilah

Thanks. My prayers are with Lilah too. She's a beautiful girl.

How much Artemisining is Lilah taking? I found a few places that sell it -- any recommendations? The oncologist, Dr. Buss, actually said it has some potential. I'm not sure in what form, but I'm willing to try.

I will keep everyone posted about Snickers's surgery.

I got Lilah's Artemisinin at Holley: http://holleypharma.com/ They ship quick.

I give her 50 mg 2 times a day. I joined the artemisinin webgroup on yahoo - there is a ton of info there. I recommend checking there for more info. There is much debate on how much to give and when - I chose the dosage I did because it seemed a good number of people had some success with it.

If you have someone near you that does acupuncture, I recommend that, too. I'm not sure where in MA you are - I know of someone great in Brookline. She is my acupuncturist's mentor. I know of a few on the north shore as well.

Hugs,

Alicia