Secret Santa

Trudy

Secretly hoping I get Bevd this year.....

1646684[/snapback]

Why? Are you a glutton for punishment?? :o:lol:lol:lol

1646858[/snapback]

But I want her! :D

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it that way!

1646831[/snapback]

Me too. :P

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Secretly hoping I get Bevd this year.....

1646684[/snapback]

Why? Are you a glutton for punishment?? :o:lol:lol:lol

1646858[/snapback]

But I want her! :D

1646909[/snapback]

no, i want her!!! :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest kadees_crash

I'm new this year as well. I was wondering what types of things people generally use as gifts? Dog toys, collars, treats, ect? And what about people gifts... I see someone mentioned a greyhound mug. Are people gifts suppose to be greyhound related? Maybe I'm asking really obvious-answered questions, but it looks like lots of other new people posted on this thread so this might benefit more than just me. ;) Anyway Secret Santa sounds like lots of fun & I'll definately keep an eye out for sign-up!

The way I did it when I ran the Secret Bunny was...

You put your name in for how many packages you want to receive.

So if you put your name in once...

You buy for one

You receive for one

Doesn't matter if you have 9 million greyhounds, you put your name in one time and you are only entered one time

Now, if you want presents for EACH of your 9 million greyhounds...

Then you need to enter your name 9 million times

Don't expect people to buy you exactly what you want for your dogs either... if you are looking for that.. then don't sign up, just go out and buy your doggies exactly what you want to buy them...

That's what makes it so fun cuz you don't know what you are gonna get..

Just like forrest gump and the box of chocolates :rofl

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest BRYCESMOM

I did S.S. in July the late bunch and it was so much fun! can't wait....count me in....as far as what you buy for humans really what ever you want...I got a nice window hanger for my car that said I love my greyhound....I sent my person one of the greyhound statues from Target...I sent dog treats and suffies to mine and mine received stuffies and collars! so anything goes...and the dogs went nuts when they saw the package!!!!as far as the post on a previous page about a Slush fund I think that is a great idea,,,,it is to bad that this problem happens but that would be a great way to make sure every one receives something.

I think the general rule of thumb is to send mostly stuff for the hounds with maybe a little extra surprise for the humans. Between what I sent and what I received last year, there were dog treats, stuffies, tag collars, a calendar, a Christmas ornament (greyhound related), squeakies, and more treats!

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

I've gotten a little something for me in all of my packages, and I have given a little something for the human in all of my packages, I believe...I cannot remember everything I've given, but I believe I have...

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

Is it nearly tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime yetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I can't wait! I loved putting together the packages for Secret Santa and Secret Bunny. :)

The "other" section is a good idea. Some people like to send homemade treats, burpdogs, etc, and if the pup has an allergy, it is good to know! :)

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

and well, it is SEPTEMBER, too early for Christmas :lol

1646661[/snapback]

Tell that to DH. He spent over $50 on ornaments at Hallmark this weekend. :lol

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

I was one of the ones who got nothing last year :( . But I didn't let it bother me, I had just as much fun getting my gift together for my SS as I would have if I received one! Just remember that it does happen, for whatever reason, we are such a huge group now, and most of us are awesome! :)

I think it's also important to remember that everyone can give different things, whatever they can afford, some gifts are very extravagant and more than the allotted amount, some are homemade or less money, etc. But they're all greyt gifts! A few times I felt mine may have been less than what others received, but the point to remember is it's all fun and send what you can, don't feel bad about not giving enough....it's greyt just to get a surprise package!!

Trudy, we also have to establish if the SS reveals themselves in the package, or on GT.

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Oh yes - the reveal.

I think it's ideal if the SS reveals themselves inside the package by way of a card or a note or something, in case the recipient - for whatever reason - can't access GT or doesn't see the post.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteddddddddd.

Ahem.

What I wanted to add was that personally, I always ask to be 'matched' with someone from overseas, simply because part of the appeal (for me) is to be able to send and receive items that are probably not readily available here/there.  It's great to be able to send my recipient typically british stuff (or a different type of toy/treat thats not on sale in US shops) and visa versa.

1646098[/snapback]

Can you just send me Branston Pickle and Crunchie bars? My DW hates the Branston, but I guess we could share the chocolate!

;)

Karl 'ExPat' G.

Karl - if I get you, you get Branston & Crunchie bars ;):lol

I think we should let FEMA organize and run it... We can buy the gifts, send it to them, they can figure out who gets what and when, issue them a debit card, take it back, then issue them a number and then change that a few times as well. :lol

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie