Secret Santa

Trudy

Signing up for those with multiple pets...

I don't want to make them sign up for each pet if they want each pet to be included in a gift. Many people have multiple dogs/pets and would like them to be included, but do not/cannot afford to enter once for each pet.

Example 1

Username: RedCricket

Pets for this ticket: Ruby, Donner, Zack, Max

This name would be given to somebody and the gift(s) they get for thier $$ limit will be for all the pets listed.

Example 2

Pets for this ticket: Ruby and Donner

Pets for this ticket: Zack and Max

This person has now entered 2x. Name will go out to 2 different people. Person X will get Ruby and Donner to buy gift(s) for and Person Y will get Zack and Max to buy gift(s) for

Example 3

Pets for this ticket: Ruby

Pets for this ticket: Donner

Pets for this ticket: Zack

Pets for this ticket: Max

This person has now entered 4x. Name will go to 4 different people. Person R will get Ruby to buy gift(s) for. Person S will get Donner to buy gift(s) for. Person T will get Zack to buy gift(s) for. Person U will get Max to buy gift(s) for.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KatieInOz
Be very careful sending any kind of food & treats overseas, each country has restrictions on what is allowed to come in. For instance Australia won't allow any beef or beef products to come in. You are better off sending a necklace or collar or toys than treats. Hope this helps someone.

1644753[/snapback]

Australia won't allow any dog treats at all, even ones with no meat in them.

Be very careful sending any kind of food & treats overseas, each country has restrictions on what is allowed to come in.

Can somebody from each country figure out what ISN'T allowed in and post it?

And maybe also check the postal things - how much to send what by when to get to somewhere outside the country. (I figure you often send things within your own country, so it isn't too difficult to figure that part out on your own :))

Be very careful sending any kind of food & treats overseas, each country has restrictions on what is allowed to come in. For instance Australia won't allow any beef or beef products to come in. You are better off sending a necklace or collar or toys than treats. Hope this helps someone.

1644753[/snapback]

Australia won't allow any dog treats at all, even ones with no meat in them.

1644795[/snapback]

Yes, I sent a nice package to Australia a few years ago for SS and by the time customs had taken all non-beef, dog treats, and baking mix out, there wasn't hardly anything left. :(

If you do decide that you'll do an international shipment, check the customs restrictions. I learned the hard way.

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Delivery confirmation is not available for anything that is not sent priority mail or something higher

You can get delivery confirmation on a package (even a large envelope) if it contains merchandise--anything other than printed material (like letters). I just sent a collar first class mail and got a delivery confirmation on it :)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

correct, it IS available on most types of shipments. Cost is 13 cents for electronic shipments, and 45 or 55 cents on all others

You can use Delivery Confirmation with:

• First-Class Mail® Parcels - Envelopes and small packages weighing 13 ounces or less. Applies only to boxes or envelopes measuring at least 3/4” at thickest point.
  • Priority Mail® - Cost effective delivery in an average of 2-3 days.
  • Package Services Parcels - Send small and large packages, envelopes, and tubes. Includes Parcel Post®, Media Mail®, Bound Printed Matter, and Library Mail.
  • Standard Mail Parcels - Items weighing less than 16 ounces can be sent at discounted presorted and automation rates. Available only for pieces subject to the residual shape surcharge and mailed at the Electronic rate.
  • Parcel Select® - Send large volumes of packages at a discount.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Signing up for those with multiple pets...

I don't want to make them sign up for each pet if they want each pet to be included in a gift. Many people have multiple dogs/pets and would like them to be included, but do not/cannot afford to enter once for each pet.

Example 1

Pets for this ticket: Ruby, Donner, Zack, Max

This name would be given to somebody and the gift(s) they get for thier $$ limit will be for all the pets listed.

Example 2

Pets for this ticket:  Ruby and Donner

Pets for this ticket: Zack and Max

This person has now entered 2x. Name will go out to 2 different people. Person X will get Ruby and Donner to buy gift(s) for and Person Y will get Zack and Max to buy gift(s) for

Example 3

Pets for this ticket: Ruby

Pets for this ticket:  Donner

Pets for this ticket: Zack

Pets for this ticket:  Max

This person has now entered 4x. Name will go to 4 different people. Person R will get Ruby to buy gift(s) for. Person S will get Donner to buy gift(s) for. Person T will get Zack to buy gift(s) for. Person U will get Max to buy gift(s) for.

1644790[/snapback]

This example makes it very clear. I'm in.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

I would love to participate in SS this year but am not going to, my pups dident recieve last year even though we sent out...thats the downside of SS :(

Its a great idea when it all works out right :)

1644737[/snapback]

I am so sorry that happened to you. :( It also happened to us the year before last and it does hurt your feelings. :( In our case a delivery confirmation would not have made a difference because the person just did not send anything and when the organizer of the SS contacted the person they just kept saying they would send something but never did. :(:) It's silly but my babes ADORE getting packages so I made a package for them as though it had come in the mail. :lol:lol:lol

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest blastsmom

Trudy

I want to participate...my guys had a lot of fun with the surprise gifts they received.. just pass me on the guidelines....

thanks,

Terri

I think that a earlier date for recieving names would be better. Some collar makers take a long time to send out their collars, or if you order one from another country, say I bought one from Canada, it takes up to three weeks to get it normally, and by that time they will be in the middle of the Christmas rush anyway. It can work if you send it directly to the person, but I like to get various things and put them all in one package to be sent together, and I would never be able to do that if I didn't get the names until the end of November. But whatever way you go with, I'm in! I will just have to be creative with how much time I have.

DRAFT Guidelines for Greytalk Secret Santa 2005

• Use the Secret Santa Ticket System to sign up

• One ticket signs you up one time, two ticket submissions signs you up two times, etc

• The gift limit is $20 plus your shipping

If you are unable to participate for ANY reason after you have received a name, let us know ASAP so we can make some changes

• If your gift will not be sent before the deadline for sending, let us know so that we can contact your person to let them know. Up to you if you’d like to send them a PM or a card or something to let them know as well, but you need to let us know so that we can contact them

• You haven’t actually been entered into the gift exchange until you have received a response from us saying we have received your info and have added you to the list (please give us a day or two to get back to you before checking that we received your ticket)

• Gifts can be for the humans too – they do not have to be just for the pets

Goal is to have all gifts reach their destination by December 24. The dates below are suggestions if you are using a non priority shipping method. If you are going to use priority mail, give yourself enough time so the gifts arrive by December 24.

• Sign-up deadline is November 4 if you wish to send to another country (names will be given to you by November 6) – Send gifts by November 16 if not using priority mail

• Sign-up deadline is November 18 if you are sending to the same country (names will be given to you by November 20) – Send gifts by December 16 if not using priority mail

• We will accept late entries, but there will be no guarantee that you will be able to participate. Absolute last day to enter will be December 13. As long as there are multiple late entries, we should be able accommodate this. Gifts will still need to be sent by December 16.

Any suggestions?

Anything unclear and need to be reworded?

Sounds good, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the Nov. 16 deadline for overseas. The places around here don't usually have their pet Christmas stuff out until after the middle of November. Global priority seems to be very good at getting gifts shipped in a timely mannor. Maybe have a deadline for sending overseas via regular method, and a deadline for via priority/air mail...

I appreciate all the difficulty that making this kind of system is for you all. I really appreciate all that you are going through to make this a good exchange. :)

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

After spending all morning on this... about 5 hours each, so 10 man hours getting the forms ready, I think it is ready for release. Just as I was about to post it, I hear..... ”it is only September, I'm not dealing with xmas stuff this early” so it will now be posted around 1 October :lol

large.greyhound_signature.gif

My post office apparently has all sorts of stupid rules because I checked out USPS everyone here said that you CAN get delivery confirmation on first class and such, and sure enough, the rates are right there! Geeez, they always tell me NO! What is up with that? :angryfire

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

I am *so* innnn ^_^:couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest canagreyts

SECRET SANTA IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO (okay and Secret Bunny too) :P:P:P! I love to go BESERK :D:D! I can't wait, but I'd really like to get names early ~ like in October cause I like to order stuff especially for a particular hound (and human). And I understand what you're saying about the ticket stuff.

I'm going shopping soon . . .

Who's the S.S. overseer this year ~ Trudy??

We participated last year and it was so much fun! All of our recipients got their packages and we got all of ours!!!! We'll participate again this year!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee