Maddison

Bevd

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry1 My heart is breaking for you and Marc... what a terrible loss of such a charming youngster. :brokenheart My deepest condolences to you both... knowing that Maddi is now pain-free, joyfully running with all his new angel friends at the Bridge. Godspeed, precious one... :beatheart:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Bev, I am so, so sorry. You and Marc did everything humanly possible for sweet Maddison, and we all anxiously prayed for him daily. God must have needed a special pupper and now Maddison is running pain free at The Bridge with all of our puppers who went before him, he is in very good company. :candle

THE SPIRIT OF A GREYHOUND

I was standing on a hillside

In a field of blowing wheat,

And the spirit of a Greyhound

Was lying at my feet.

He looked at me with kind dark eyes,

Ancient wisdom shining through.

In the essence of his being,

I saw the love there too.

His mind did lock upon my heart

As I stood there on that day,

And he told me of this story

About a place so far away.

As I stood upon that hillside

In a field of blowing wheat,

In a twinkling of a second

His spirit left my feet.

His tale did put my heart at ease,

All my fears did fade away

About what lay ahead of me

On another distant day.

"I live among God's creatures now

In the heavens of your mind,

So do not grieve for me, my friend

As I am with my kind.

My collar is a rainbow's hue,

My leash is a shooting star.

My boundaries are the Milky Way

Where I sparkle from afar.

There are no pens or kennels here

For I am not confined,

But I'm free to roam God's heavens

Among the Greyhound kind.

I nap the day on a snowy cloud

Gentle breezes rocking me,

And dream the dreams of earthlings,

And how it used to be.

The trees are full of liver treats,

And tennis balls abound,

And milkbones line the walkways

Just waiting to be found.

There even is a ring set up,

The grass all lush and green;

And everyone who gaits around

Becomes the Best of breed.

For we're all winners in this place;

We have no faults, you see.

And God passes out those ribbons

To each one, even me.

I drink from waters laced with gold,

My world a beauty to behold;

And wise old dogs do form my pride

To amble at my very side.

At night I sleep in angel's arms,

Her wings protecting me,

And moonbeams dance about us

As stardust falls on thee.

So when your life on earth is spent

And you stand at Heaven's gate,

Have no fear of loneliness--

For here, you know, I wait.

Author unknown

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry. I hope you know that you and Marc gave him a wonderful life, and I am so glad that you shared it with us.

Godspeed, Maddison.

f_yellow

Guest caiteag

Bev, I am so incredibly sorry. If it is any condolence, following Maddison's story... seeing the love and strength you have shown... it has shown me how I want to be when it is my Quinn's time to go to the Bridge.

Run free, beautiful Maddison... :gh_run2:gh_run2:gh_run2:gh_run2

Oh Bev... :sad1:grouphug I am so sorry. Mr. Maddison...I picture you running with the biggest cheeky grin...healthy...happy...and socializing with all the Angels at the Bridge. Run free big guy...and don't forget to send those Rainbows to Mommy and Daddy. Kiss Angel Sophia for me...Godspeed Sweet Maddison. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh Bev....I am in tears right now. I just dont know what to say, I am heartbroken :cry1 I just dont believe this...

I just cannot believe he is gone. Its so unfair. He was so young...I'm just devestated.....

Good bye Maddison love, I will miss you so much. :heart:grouphug:heart

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Guest Zophia

My first thought when I read the heading was "Oh no..."

I'm so sorry for your loss. Been following Maddison's story, quietly, since the beginning, and truly hoping that he would be with you for much longer. :weep:weep:weep:weep

Run free, sweet baby. May Dog guide you on your Journey...

:f_white:f_white:f_white:f_white

Thank you all.

As some of you will know, I wrote in Maddison's diary thread earlier this evening that 'something' felt different and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Shortly after I wrote that, I had to help him onto the settee in the conservatory. He put his front legs on and I lifted his back end up and he stood, debating what to do. After a minute or so he lay down and I said to him "you're not going to be comfy laying like that because you're laying on your bad side". A few minutes later, he tried to reposition himself and he started to cry - not very loud but loud enough for me to know that he was hurting himself. He tried to get off the settee and I shouted for Marc to help. We closed ourselves into the conservatory so that none of the other dogs could come in and we had Maddison standing up - but we had to hold onto him or else he'd have fallen over onto his side.

After a few minutes, he was able to stand unaided, but he couldn't (or wouldn't) walk at all. We debated what the hell to do. We didn't know whether to lift him onto the settee....but then what? We knew he couldn't just stand there and after about 10 minutes of him standing and us debating, we knew that we had to make the decision that was going to be best for Maddison.

I phoned the vet at 8.35pm and explained the situation and we arranged to meet him at the surgery. Marc carried Maddison to the car and put him in the boot area (it's a hatchback) and we waited for him to lay down...but being Maddison, he didn't, so he stood up all the way to the vets with Marc driving very slowly and him teetering around....but still refusing to lay down.

When we got to the vets, we had to wait a while for the vet to arrive so Marc and I sat in the boot chatting to Maddison and giving him instructions about who to look out for when he got to The Bridge and how we would be expecting him to send us a sign and we told him that we loved him of course and that we'd eat a lot of curry and think of him always. During this time, Maddison was quite happy and alert but that lousy leg with its lousy cancer was making it impossible for him to stay with us any longer.

The vet arrived and Marc carried Maddison into the surgery.

The transition to The Bridge was very quick, very painless and very peaceful. I knew it was a relief for Maddison. He must have been so tired but I never once during his illness did he complain. Not one single time.

I've told this before but the time has come to tell it again.

Maddison was our first greyhound. Marc and I had always liked the breed (although I did think they were a bit of a funny, skinny shape) but we'd been told by various organisations that greyhounds couldn't be homed with cats - so that ruled us out. However, when we were asked to help find homes for Maddison and his 11 littermates, we thought we'd cracked it - a greyhound puppy who could be brought up with cats. We brought him home when he was 9 weeks old - and the first thing he did when we began our journey home with him was to do a big pointy poo on the floor of the car followed by a lovely pile of puke. We should have known then what sort of dog this was going to be :rolleyes: Maddison and his greyhound ways worked their way into our hearts very very quickly and within four months of bringing him home, we had failed at fostering our first retired greyhound (Wallace). Since then, we have added more of this wonderful breed to our happy family - and two of them (Del & Jessie) will have greeted Maddison at The Bridge this evening. Friends who had never thought of a greyhound as a pet have since adopted greyhounds since meeting ours or since seeing pictures of Maddison and his mates on the net. We know that our home and the homes of many of our friends will never be without a greyhound now. That's some legacy for Maddison to leave behind.

I'll leave now with a few pictures of Maddison - a very special greyhound.

051001a.jpg

051001b.jpg

bdd387044804c3cd6dec589522ead88a.jpg

9d93858fc7c682c5b39edf9949bfcf80.jpg

5cf72e4474a3aeb8e3a65ae13fb67bde.jpg

765e4100fe3ed0150d406e9eb685eef4.jpg

Maddison Doyle

22/05/01 - 13/07/05

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer ... and yet, glad he got to have all those treats and all that love before he left. A dog couldn't ask for a better family than yours, or better people to make the decisions when it was time.

Godspeed, handsome lad.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

OMG, I just saw this, Bev I am so sorry, please accept my heartfelt condolences :( Maddison was blessed to have such a wonderful home to live in, my goodness the parties alone were/are simply amazing! God Bless you and your dh during this difficult time. I would like to thank you for sharing Maddison with us here on Greytalk, he certainly put many smiles on my face as does any picture or story about your crew.

Take time to grieve, but know you and your dh are an amazing couple and have two of the biggest hearts around to love and care for this breed as well as all your other pups.

Rest in peace handsome Maddison, please send your mommy and daddy a rainbow to let them know you are ok.

:weep:grouphug:f_white:gh_run:angel:angelwings:gh_run

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest lisa73

Sleep tight Maddi. Loved, missed but NEVER forgotten. :inlove You were a hound in a million lad.

Bev, Marc are thoughts are with you :grouphug

Bev, please know that my thoughts are with you and Marc at this time. Words fail me and tears are making it too hard to type. Hugs to you.

Godspeed sweet boy. When you're able...send a rainbow to your mommy and daddy.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Oh Bev, I'm so very sorry for your loss of your beloved Maddison. What a beautiful tribute to your sweet boy. He had a wonderful loving home and a life full of love. Godspeed Maddison. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee