Cassie Jo

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

There is a huge hole in my heart today. I am numb, and am not totally grasping that my girl is gone.

QV Cassie Jo, my Cassie girl, my Jo Jo, my heart and soul, may shadow for the last 10 1/2 yeas has passed on today to join her twin Weenie who just passed in Jan and her good buddy Dave who also passed in Jan.

There is so much sadness for me in 2007. I hate the heart break that comes with loosing a hound but I would never trade it cause the years I have shared with them is so much more valuable to me.

Cassie came home with me 10 1/2 yrs ago and shortly after Cassie came home her sister, Weenie, joined us. I shared my life with these girl and I am finding amazing comfort to know that they are back together again.

Cassie was my shadow and never allowed anyone to be alone, heaven forbid you needed to use the bathroom and did not inform Cass first. When it was bed time all you needed to do was give her a wave and point to the bedroom and in she would come to join you.

She hated to be hugged and would give you this low growl deep in her throat which then would cause me to laugh up a storm where she then would wag her tail knowing that this was all fun and games for her Momma.

She shared in anything and everything we ate and not cause she begged for it but because I wanted to share anything and everything with my girl.

Mowing the law, sitting in the sun, resting on the couch, sleeping, peeing or taking a shower Cassie was always there right by your side. You never had to wonder where Cassie was cause she was always within eye sight.

How is it possible to have a home with 3 big dogs and have it feel empty. I reach in the cookier jar and come out with 4 cookies when I only have 3 now to hand out.

I'm at a total loss for Cassie has been with me through it all and to have to say goodbye was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I would give anything right now just to have her back.

I know she's ok but I'm not sure that I am. I dreaded the day when Cassie was no longer by my side and I'm in shock that the day has come.

The many looks and beauties of my Cassie Jo girl

cassstanding9it.jpg

Cassie and Dave my angels, once on earth and now in the heavens above

daveandcass003tb6.jpg

The smiles that we shared

cass4gq.jpg

I truely was blessed to have my angels on earth and to be able to see them the way I know they are now in the heavens above.

casandweenrun5hq.jpg

My home, my heart, my soul, is empty today and for many days to come I'm sure.

GOD SPEED Cassie Jo, you know I loved you and showed it each and every day, a day never passed without me telling you how beautiful and special you were, telling you how much I love you and not holding anything back, I gave you all of my love and in your passing you have taken a HUGE part of me with you.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you, Heather and Kevin, and the huge hole in your hearts. Whenever I think of you, in my mind's eye I see lovable Dave and your silly contrary white sister-girls. I expect I always will.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

Heather :bighug

I know the hole is huge, and part of you is ripped apart. I so wish I did not know the feeling. Sending you hugs and thinking of the song The Dance. We never would trade one step of the dance would we?

My thoughts and prayers are so with you lady. Run in the wind with the angels sweet Cassie, you are with some of the very best.

Heather, I am just in shock! I am so very sorry. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that there are no words to make the hurt go away. Please know that we all grieve with you.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Oh Heather, Mike and I were stunned when we heard the news today. Our hearts are with you and Kevin. We were informed here at Mountain Hounds of Cassie's accident and I came on to see how she was doing. A huge hug to you and Kevin, I know your hearts are broken. You now have 3 angels watching over you and what a comfort to know that Weenie was there to meet Cassie.

Godspeed Cassie and you send your mom a sign and let her know that you're okay and running with Weenie and Dave.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest lotsahounds

Oh Heather, I'm so very sorry! My heart sank when I saw her name. So many have gone on to the bridge, I share your sadness at this very trying time. :f_pink

Guest KennelMom

Damn, Heather...I'm so sorry :cry1:grouphug Please call me if you need to talk

Godspeed, Cassie...you are one very special girl that has left some very big paw prints on a lot of hearts :beatheart

I'm so sorry, Heather! :cry1:cry1:cry1

what a beautiful, sweet girl she was :sad1:sad1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway