Are There Any Brown Greyhounds?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyhound

I've only seen a Dun in person once and I have to tell ya I was just open mouthed at the dog's beauty. They are just so unusual and striking!

Here's my friend's handsome brown boy

Terrianneshandsomeboy.jpg

He's beautiful....

Dick....those pictures on GT are gorgeous....but that one with the TINY puppy just had me swooning!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Elvis, looking a bit "red" because of the early morning light - I took this photo as DH and I were about to leave the campground and head out on the next leg of our cross-country trip:

gallery_220_2958_19414.jpg

My other photos of him are on my other laptop - the boy never stopped moving.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Someone had three littermate puppies at GIG a few years ago. One was blind or blind in one eye or something like that. I think they were up for adoption. I saw one of them in Dewey after that. I know someone that has one in Lessburg VA. She's beautiful!

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Guest KennelMom

Here's my friend's handsome brown boy

Terrianneshandsomeboy.jpg

This dog looks black.

AWWWW I want one!!! If anyone hears about an available one let me know!!! OMG so Adorable.

This made me L.O.L. b/c I'm pretty sure any available duns would be snapped up by a volunteer long before they ever made it to an "available for adoption" page. It used to be that way with blues..not sure if they're becoming more common or less desirable but I'm seeing more and more.

I agree they are adorable!

Guest greybookends

Are DUN and Red considered two different colors? I met a red and white one years ago. He was very handsome.

Sheana has a brown nose.

Guest greybookends

Are DUN and Red considered two different colors? I met a red and white one years ago. He was very handsome.

Sheana has a brown nose.

We don't have "Dun" as a color selection so they are usually called Dark Red.

Are her pads also brown?

No, I was curious so I looked, I never really paid any attention to the color of her pads.. She is listed as a red brindle.

Elvis, looking a bit "red" because of the early morning light - I took this photo as DH and I were about to leave the campground and head out on the next leg of our cross-country trip:

gallery_220_2958_19414.jpg

My other photos of him are on my other laptop - the boy never stopped moving.

Wow. That is beautiful brown. I often look at Ryder and think he's brown, but no, compared to a real brownie, Ryder is indeed red!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Didn't the late Linda Jensen have dun littermates?

They are almost nonexistent in the U.S. While still very rare there are more in Ireland.

She had a whole litter of duns she placed.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry